Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lucas Archer
Dec 1, 2007
Falling...
Eventual Garou v Saitama fight is gonna look so loving good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucas Archer
Dec 1, 2007
Falling...

Donkringel posted:

How close are we to that by the way? I know the murata version is different pace than the web version, but are we an arc or two away, or is it this arc?

Pretty sure it’s the climax of this arc.

Lucas Archer
Dec 1, 2007
Falling...

verbal enema posted:

Order of the Stick is still around? Goddamn

And so loving good. It’s actually pretty amazing if you read from the beginning. You can see Burlews evolution as a writer and artist.

Lucas Archer
Dec 1, 2007
Falling...
So King = Rincewind. I like it.

Lucas Archer
Dec 1, 2007
Falling...
I don't read Japanese, but it feels almost like a one second long flashback.

Lucas Archer
Dec 1, 2007
Falling...

Lamebot posted:

I was hoping for a reaction from Saitama when Blast brushed off Flashy's test, but I guess he saw nothing special to him at the moment. "Does he attack everyone he meets?" was a gut-buster, though.

Yeah, I think this is probably the biggest indicator that while Blast is strong compared to Flashy Flash and other hero's, he's still just another person compared to Saitama.

Lucas Archer
Dec 1, 2007
Falling...

The King Engine has finally, triumphantly roared to life.
Hype level over 9000.

Lucas Archer
Dec 1, 2007
Falling...
Wow. That feels... uh, a lot different than before.

Lucas Archer
Dec 1, 2007
Falling...
Can I just say that I absolutely loved the title page art of Saitama looking completely and utterly badass since we almost never get that in the story itself.

Lucas Archer
Dec 1, 2007
Falling...
I have to say, I love the fact that after all the noise I heard last drop of how Flashy Flash was super OP and shouldn't be able to hang with Garou and PS, he gets loving BODIED almost immediately as PS and Garou ramp up to full speed - and then PS gets completely annihilated.

Lucas Archer
Dec 1, 2007
Falling...
Fantastic stuff, already eagerly awaiting the next chapter.

Is it just me, or does Saitama casually mentioning that Garou came at him "kinda fast" imply that this may be the first time in a long time that he notices a degree in difference between the strength of everything else he's fought before and his current opponent? Up until now, everything he's fought has been - compared to him - equally as weak. The strongest ant in the world can't stop from being crushed by a boot.

Lucas Archer
Dec 1, 2007
Falling...
I think my jaw dropped off my face and rolled out of the room. Holy poo poo.

Lucas Archer
Dec 1, 2007
Falling...
What. the. gently caress.

Lucas Archer
Dec 1, 2007
Falling...
Okay, after reading the translation I enjoyed the chapter, but I am a little annoyed by the fact that it didn’t just roll back events - it rolled back character development for both Saitama and Garou. Garou had his realization of what his Ominous Future would be wiped away. But more importantly, Saitama lost his introspective realization of his own failure of being a hero. Losing Genos because he showed up too late, his understanding of how both Garou and King displayed more heroic characteristics than he has -

I don’t know. Maybe I just find something tragically romantic (in the classic sense) of an AU where Saitama has to live on this irradiated rock for the rest of his life holding Genos’ core in his left hand, never letting it go, as a reminder that no matter how powerful he is, no matter that he can beat anything with a single punch, it still doesn’t mean he ‘wins’. He failed. Genos died. He couldn’t do anything about it and has to live with that failure.

Lucas Archer
Dec 1, 2007
Falling...

Mindblast posted:

Idk man after reading all of that Im just glad you're not helming this project.

Me too! It would be a super downer ending to a comedic story and doesn’t fit at all with anything that’s been set up. I’m just pondering (what I think is) an interesting what-if.

Lucas Archer
Dec 1, 2007
Falling...
He's been dealing with some serious digestive issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucas Archer
Dec 1, 2007
Falling...
It's the Simpsons gag: "you can actually pinpoint the second her heart rips in half". That was brutal.