Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

EmmyOk posted:

I really liked that King side chapter where he kept accidentally intimidating crooks while actually begging for his life.

I literally just ran through the manga after watching the show on Netflix last month and the entire King story is one of my favorite things. I honestly expected this series to lose it's novelty after a few issues but I'm still coming back for more and love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Is that a Megas XLR cockpit shot?

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Saitama. In one punch. Always.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Super Alloy Darkshine just seems like a very pleasant man. He owns.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Andrast posted:

Yeah it owns

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Child Emperor owns.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

His eye. Between the two leftmost word bubbles and four armed guy.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

It's like the drat FedEX arrow.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

It would have been way more funny if he just forced them to do cutesy poo poo like have tea parties and nail painting circles.

Though both of those sound fun so maybe that isn't much of a punishment.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Electric Phantasm posted:

So apparently season 2 started since youtube recommended me this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVvK9FQkVhI

Did anyone check it out? It's on Hulu.

So far it doesn't look totally miserable.

Disclaimer: I am in no way an expert.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Yeah so far it does look cheaper but not offensively so

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I thought the art was a little better this episode.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

This episode was fun at the very least.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

ninjewtsu posted:

this chapter was incredible

I appreciate that he uses every limb but his right hand since it's still cocked for the punch.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Was watching season 1 again and still get a laugh out of Saitama punching Boros the first time and asking, "Are you stupid?"

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

The tournament arc is cool and concluded with one of my favorite touching moments.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Xander77 posted:

Man, no one is excited for the impending return of martial arts guy?

Suriyu's plea to Saitama before he wastes the big martial arts monster is one of my favorite parts of the series. So I'm totally hype and hope he's a totally sick hero in the future.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

CannonFodder posted:

Strong Buttlord GT vibes.

"Huuuuge HUUUUUGE" and "Nuclear fist detected"

Also, I like how Darkshine's powers are more than "buff man with impervious skin" and how he can analyze fighting techniques by the muscle movements.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Shugojin posted:

Bleach started to operate on Calvinball Rules just a little bit after the magic sword powers were introduced. While this would seem to be fun, Kubo fell into a trap of cast bloat and ended up wasting time giving every remotely popular character a chance to do a thing and it was boring.

While I'm not into Bleach this is the thing I haven't been able to put into words about people lamenting the My Hero Academia secondary cast not having anything to do. It'll drag the story into the dirt if they do.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Yeah I must be missing something. He's just an over the top constantly in competition bodybuilder.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I really hate the gay joke part of Puri Puri because divorced from that he's a really cute idea.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I apologise for the quick post. I more meant what if he was just a cutesy muscle guy that whipped rear end instead of a rapist or horrible gay stereotype.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

The men in this series are absolutely beautiful. That's not a defense of anything, just an observation.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

JamMasterJim posted:

Whenever I reread the series, the arcs that are 'lagging, like the tournament or current hero raid, the actual pace is not bad. Irregular schedule and redraws plus the direct comparison to the webcomic gives a much worse impression usually. Like, imagine if 3-4 months were not spent on Phoenixman and adjusting Handsome mask and he just progressed the story.

This. At this point I kind of browse the thread just to see webcomic people complain.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Zombie Man is caked up, son.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

He's fuckin' dead.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I can't help but admire how unsubtle Ugly is.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Jerkface posted:

who can not find this funny

"They love Saitama, they love Genos, and the kid with one arm LOVES the Speedo guy!"

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Eggplant Squire posted:

Is the manga set to overtake the webcomic pretty soon if it stays faithful to that?

God, I wish just so I wouldn't have to hear about "missing beats" and poo poo.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Terror Sweat posted:

It's beauty he's obsessed with clearly, and to him power is beautiful

Ah, a Baki fan. Respect.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I want to date the hero that's the meanest to me and wants me around the least.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Lt. Lizard posted:

Another Tatsumaki simp, disgusting.

Or Dr. Bofoi. He seems like a big ol' dickhead.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Blaze Dragon posted:

I wonder where Sweet Mask is. With how strict he is about what an S class should be like, I can't imagine he's cool with this plan.

I honestly thought that was Sweet Mask saying, "Of course the commercial is great, I produced it" in the recent chapter.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Zwingley posted:

why would post those here

People really really want you to know they read the web comic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

:smug: "You know, it's not the same story beats as the web comic but I guess I still like it." :smug: