Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

The Gorp posted:

His deadpan response might indicate a unique character flaw.
I think by this point we can say that he isn't a hero for the purpose of saving people, rather to be a hero for its own sake.

At the begging he acts to save the kid from the giant crab, and the girl during issue #1...
but other than those I can't think of an example of him being a hero to save anyone, his motives have always been self-centered or to meet a quota such as a weekly requirement or a special sale day.

He even admits this in the 5th issue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Swillkitsch posted:

That last page with Saitama's chill-as-gently caress face while poo poo explodes behind him. I can't remember the last time a manga made me laugh that hard.

One has a really good sense of comedic timing.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Two Tone Shoes posted:

Someone else's personal preference is the stupidest thing to bitch at them about. He wanted to read it in pseudo english to get the gist of it because precise dialogue isn't too important in an action manga. If this stuff were all about the plot and dialogue then you might have a slight point but even then it's a dumb thing to get on someone's case for.

It's a comedy manga.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

cooldude2.0 posted:

I was thinking today how I want the volumes in coffee table book form.
Then I was thinking I could use the plotter at work to print out a giant page from the manga. Now I just have to find the best page.

I don't think I've laughed harder than when One Punch Man revealed his secret training regimen, so use that.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

I don't know if anyone mentioned this, but ONE and Murata teamed up on two different one shots. One about the secret fan club of a magical teenage girl destined to save the world, and another about a band of adventurers rescuing a kidnapped princess.

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/125632/heroes-of-fury_by_kuroshio-no-fansub

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/152323/dangan-tenshi-fan-club_by_no-group

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

Yeah... just "read" all of One's stuff. His art is so bad barely understand what is happening. Also, I don't know Japanese. Well, you all can look forward to more of naked prisoner super hero angle mode rear end.

Seems pretty legible to me.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Shadow0 posted:

Well, this thread inspired me to read this, then I finally caught up and all I see is something called "One". Anyway, I don't have much to contribute yet except to say this manga is awesome, if a bit repetitive.

But now that I see there's this "One" thing (the original I guess?) I feel like I'm watching the anime and have to deal with manga spoilers. I'm glad a new thread was just made. A lot of the panels are drawn that it feels like an anime as well.

ONE is the author of this manga, Murata is the illustator.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Thoren posted:

How many have you guys have begun doing 100 pushups, 100 squats, and 100 sit ups every day?

You forgot the 10k running.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Or perhaps hes an idiot and you spergs are ruining the joke?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Man he really nailed those designs.

RatHat posted:

Child Emperor looks a lot younger than I thought he was.

He's 10.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

If anyone wants the translation, read this and only this chapter.

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Onepunch-Man-ONE/Ch-032-Read-Online?id=164869

It's ONE's original chapter with ONE's original art. Words are the same.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

HenryEx posted:

Yeah, there's really nothing to support that. At the very least, Genos would rank higher than the loving Pig God.

Even if they're not ranked in power (more like ranked in displayed power / apprehension prowess), they're clearly listed in order of ascending power for the sake of a joke.

Please don't insult the world's greatest hero, the Legendary Pig God.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Anatharon posted:

I just read the 26 chapters now and I'm still not convinced Sonic Dude is a man.

He was stopped by a dick tap, what else is there to say?

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

The heroes organization seems to be a lot more petty and vain than it first appeared.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

ONE's gag manga, Old Man in the Underworld, has finished. If you like the humour in OPM, maybe check it out?

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Makai-no-Ossan

It's pretty funny.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

new update: http://www.batoto.net/read/_/218593/onepunch-man_ch32v2_by_nerieru-scans

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Bisse posted:

Oh King, you sexy bastard.

Let the King Engine roar!

I love how practical he is.
"I may be the strongest man in the world, but what the hell am I supposed to do about a spaceship in the sky?"

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

AnonSpore posted:

They used to be white because he's an angel, but now with the lessons he learned from the Sea King they've become black to show his newfound readiness to kill. :black101:

And also his clothes fall off.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Amppelix posted:

This thing

Reminds me very distinctly of the devil bat (it's mostly in the expression, which doesn't match this reference pick, but I didn't want to dig through the entirety of ES21 to find that one image)

And I don't think it's a coincidence. That, or Murata can draw only one kind of flying head creature.

It's pretty much the same as how ONE drew it. Probably a coincidence.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Suspicious Lump posted:

Is there anyway we can support ONE and Murata?

Subscribe to weekly shonen jump.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Revdomezehis posted:

Yeah but considering the pace of things, that won't be for another 2 years at least.

Just in time for ONE to release 4 chapters then.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

jwang posted:

I found this video made for One-punch Man, and I like it best, especially since it showcases how awesome No-License Rider is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWefSrqDtLE

But where's the comedy?

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

DrSunshine posted:

Here is a thought--

Saitama's stated secret to gaining superpowers is to do 100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and run 10 km a day, yes? Well, as the characters noted in that chapter, it's clearly just a kind of routine fitness regimen, nothing special. Except for one detail-- they are all factors of ten!

Therefore, I deduce that the true secret to superpowers is not the training regimen per se, but rather to do everything in one's life over the course of a year in multiples of ten.

The true secret is never giving up and continuing on even when your body is wracked in pain and telling you to stop.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

RatHat posted:

I don't think he has thrown a punch yet.

Check out the aliens right arm.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Revdomezehis posted:

It's been quite a while since this updated, anyone know what the status is?

Murata decided that he didn't have enough work to do, so he's now also trying to become an animator.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Nope :stare:

That definitely wasn't in the original.

one spoilers

Take it to the ONE thread dickhead.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 02:56 on May 30, 2014

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

TheRagamuffin posted:

Good job quoting it for posterity, there. :thumbsup:

It's in a spoiler?

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

In space, no one can hear your sound effects.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Al-Saqr posted:

Holy moly, Sweet Face Handsome Mask is one rotten to the core mother fucker.

Justice must be served

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

If you guys want to read more of ONE's work but don't wanna spoil One Punch Man, check out Mob Psycho 100.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3653424

It's the work that ONE does for a living and comes out weekly, as opposed to his hobby One Punch Man, which updates about as frequently as Berserk.

IMO it's just as good or better than OPM.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

khy posted:

You know, this is amazing.

They took the ultimate mary sue, a guy who seems to be literally and figuratively invincible, and made him somehow interesting.

How far ahead of Murata's version is the series by ONE?

About 50 chapters, but Murata likes to expand and redraw a lot, not to mention the side stories that they create for this version

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

khy posted:

How often do new chapters get released? Is it a weekly thing or just 'whenever'?

ONE releases new chapters slower than Miura does Berserk

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Hes an idiot

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Soulcleaver posted:

ONE's version is still incomplete, right? Does he have any plans for when Murata inevitably catches up with him?

We'll he can update a lot more frequently when he wants to. He was doing his gag manga at the same time as Mob psycho and OPM, and that's over now. He probably just doesn't feel as much pressure, considering Murata's not even halfway done yet, and he wants to do it on his own time. He recently released a chapter after about 5 months of nothing

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Shugojin posted:

Rider is like, the only other hero who just wants to protect people as best he can and the hell with the political bits. It's why Saitama likes him ( and why he's one of the few people in the Saitama fan club).

That's not true, there wouldn't be hundreds of heroes if they were all selfish jerks. The tornado of terror obviously wants to help people, so does genos and probably that dog guy

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

trucutru posted:

I finally couldn't take it any more and started reading the ONE version. Really good poo poo and, by the latest chapters, it's fun to see the panels that ONE *obviously* created so that Murata can go hog-wild.

So the plan back-fired one me and now it is going to be even harder to wait for new chapters.

Read mob psycho, that comes out regularly

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Around this time ONE's server crashed and he lost everything, so he redrew every Punch as a recap for his readers.
I wonder if Murata is going to do that

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Kuvo posted:

Saitama also actively tries to keep his heroics hidden (i.e. Sea King, the meteor and confrontation with the tank-tops afterwards, etc)

He only tried to hide the sea king, nothing else.
There's a reason he was so sad when Speed of Sound Sonic didn't know who he was

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

RatHat posted:

non canon

Everything here is still written by ONE. It's all canon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Pig god may not be #1 in S-class, but hes number one in my heart