Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe

GoldenPrice posted:

Here is a new side chapter.

On the one hand, those guys got exactly what they deserve for messing with another man's food. On the other hand, what kind of monster has Saitama become that he mixes cabbage and lobster? Who is the real villain here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Fun Shoe

PaganGoatPants posted:

Did I miss this?

I haven't seen it on Batoto, but I did find it on mangahere. Behold the power of machines!

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Fun Shoe

TriffTshngo posted:

Sticking to the Murata version is basically the OPM equivalent of only watching the anime and not reading ahead in the manga to spoil yourself.

Which is a weird analogy now that it's actually getting an anime, but you know what I mean.

These threads are going to have a hell of a time keeping track of what is and isn't a spoiler when the anime comes out and there are three different mediums all at different points to be caught up to.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Fun Shoe

Astus posted:

Well, there was that time he threatened to kill all the other prisoners, just so he could pass the time. Kinda weird everyone forgot about that part.

So in order to prove that Sonic is too evil to be a hero, you link to the chapter introducing the S-class hero who rapes prisoners because they are criminals and don't have the same rights as other people?

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Fun Shoe

HenryEx posted:

I'm impressed by Garou's non-euclidean post-it wall.

Or maybe he has Watchdog listed twice 'cause he's that much of a threat.

He didn't have any pictures of Watchdog man to begin with. Those pictures just started showing up. It's almost as if the eyes are watching him.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Fun Shoe
I am growing increasingly convinced that Watchdog man is the most powerful character in this manga based solely on him consistently being drawn even more half-assed than Saitama.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Fun Shoe
So are we going to have a third thread for the anime watchers now, where all the Murata readers get to make sly allusions to future plot points and try to convince everyone within to read his version because "It's basically the storyboard for the anime" and "The anime uses most of the same framing"?

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Fun Shoe

It did work better in print, where the whole thing was a giant block of text that the reader could skim over quickly, than in the show. I can see how a first time viewer might feel that it's a little much while they're watching it.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Fun Shoe
So reading the newest chapter and then watching the latest episode the same day made me really wish that Metal Bat had shown up to stop the Meteor, and then just recreated the scene from FLCL.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Fun Shoe

T.G. Xarbala posted:

The ultimate evolution.

Licensed Rider.

poo poo, I think you just figured out the secret of who Blast really is.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Fun Shoe

JamMasterJim posted:

Banana Cigars are the most brilliant thing ever

Agreed, I love the overall design of that monster. I wish whoever is translating this would just replace all of its dialogue with Big Boss quotes.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Fun Shoe
I got bored. I'm not sorry.

Edit: I don't know how I forgot the eyepatch, but done.

AndwhatIseeisme fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Mar 11, 2016

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Fun Shoe
Mangastream translation is out

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Fun Shoe
I agree with the issue of stakes and pacing being problems, but I think the biggest issue I'm having with this arc is that I read ONE's comic and I know what is being delayed for this tournament. I don't think I'm alone in that feeling either.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Fun Shoe
For being such a supposed genius, it kind of bothers me that Child Emperor doesn't know the difference between poisonous and venomous.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Fun Shoe

Oh wow, I had only ever seen the first one. Those are great, Dragonball and OPM fit together amazingly well.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Fun Shoe

Binary Badger posted:

shamelessly stolen from cosplay thread: tatsumaki cosplay

What is going on with her right arm? Is it me, does is look like it bends somewhere mid-forearm?

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Fun Shoe
The secret to unlocking Ultimate Power actually happens to be "wrapping a neck tie around a crab monster's eyes and body slamming it." Saitama just never made the connection.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Fun Shoe

tap my mountain posted:

Nah I think Suiryu will still win this somehow. He's learning how unimportant pure power is and he'll somehow overcome Gouketsu his massive disadvantage. If Saitama has to show up and splatter Gouketsu then Suiryu will have learned nothing.

Suiryu and the two heroes will beat Gouketsu and turn to leave, Bakuzan will become an even stronger monster and be about to attack them from behind, Saitama will do his thing before the others even realize what's happening, Suiryu will ask "did you hear something" and Sneck will say no as they walk out without turning back to see, Saitama once again saves the day without anyone knowing but is satisfied letting Suiryu feel like a true hero as Genos watches on from the stands and silently monologues about Saitama's selflessness.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Fun Shoe

Eela6 posted:

Inhumanly difficult, I tell you! Only Saitama could have survived such a punishing regimen.

To be fair, I lost my air conditioning for two days the other week and yeah, inhumanly difficult is absolutely true.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Fun Shoe
I can't even pick a favorite moment from this chapter, it was like 5 chapters in one and every part of it was amazing. I really like that this isn't a 1 to 1 adaption of ONE's work anymore; it's hitting the same plot beats, but adding and changing enough to be its own thing.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Fun Shoe
Watchdogman vs. Rover, who's the bestest boy?

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Fun Shoe

Roland Jones posted:

He really is similar to Saitama; he gets drawn more goofily than most other characters...

This is probably a real good hint at his strength, since the only other two characters who get this treatment are Saitama and Tsubaki, both of whom are probably stronger than 3/4 of the other S-classes combined. Puts him in real good company.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Fun Shoe

El Burbo posted:

Posted on april fools but I won't let that stop me

I know it's just a cheesecake drawing of a cute monster girl, but I actually dig the realistically designed prosthetics that manage to still blend with the overall character design.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Fun Shoe

Josuke Higashikata posted:

King is the most powerful hero because he is extremely inspiring to all the rest of the heroes with his commanding presence, which is extremely far off the charts.

I love how even otherwise complete assholes like Tatsumaki and Sweet Mask will concede to King's skills and leadership because they completely buy into his power. I hope the arc ends up with him accidentally taking over the monster association, with all the dragon class monsters too afraid of his overwhelming power to cause trouble any more.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Fun Shoe
Garou is a monster, therefore everything he does is monstrous. Sweet Mask is a hero and therefore all his actions are heroic.

As such Garou saving that kid was a monstrous act, and evil. Sweet Mask killing a bunch of dudes was a heroic act, so it was good and just.

We should all be cheering for our boy Sweet Mask to savagely beat the villain Garou to death with his bare hands and stand gloating over the body, as that is the path of justice.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Fun Shoe
This chapter was great and Puri Puri Prisoner was fun in it. It is possible to enjoy a fictional character without liking every aspect of that character.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Fun Shoe
You can fail at budgeting your time just as easily as you can fail to budget money. The point is that the animation is bad, whatever the cause of it was. It's not even just disappointing compared to season 1, it's straight up badly animated.

At least it's better than Berserk I guess.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Fun Shoe

Marvel, please just let Murata illustrate an issue of Spiderman. How many hints do you need the man to drop before he has to show up at your office begging you to let him do it for free?

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Fun Shoe

Hellsau posted:

animation :O

Murata going to just start animating the drat thing himself.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Fun Shoe
Let's appreciate too that Tatsumaki's force fields, which were really more of an afterthought for her, were all enough to completely shut down all attacks from all these dragon level monsters. She could probably have soloed most of the association by herself without too much trouble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Fun Shoe
Boros constantly pulling out new transformations, abilities, and fancy super moves throughout the battle, only for Saitama to reveal his ultimate attack and the most powerful move in his arsenal: actually throwing a proper punch.