Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Yessss, great OP!
Though I think one thing you're missing out on is a picture that shows what I think is the "comedy" of the art. Shots where a sparsely detailed Saitama is juxtaposed next to super detailed villains.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
My reaction to the last page is one of empathy, trying to grasp how Genos is feeling.

It's a lot like :aaaaa:

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

AnonSpore posted:

Boon did chapter 18. The series is now caught up with Japan (save two bonus chapters, one of which is a short piece about Saitama in the middle of his training and the other which is a draft of chapter 1 he drew entirely with markers). The next chapter comes out in Japan on the 29th of this month (Thursday of next week).

Chapter 18

You mean we're on a weekly schedule now? :negative:

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Unlucky7 posted:

To me, the humor is in seeing what is a relatively traditional shonen manga setup (Genos would be the main character of his own book anywhere else, and the House of Evolution arc would have lasted at least a volume) be completely and utterly destroyed by a main character who is already the strongest being in the universe. Saitama accidentally activated God Mode, and everyone else is either dumbfounded or upset that their rules are being stomped all over.

Also, Ninjas smashing their junk into a man's fist at high speeds.

For someone after reading this, I would summarize it as Saitama being so strong, he is accidentally beating up the Shonen Genre.