Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Breaky posted:

I dunno. This is a plot that would lend itself well to comedic timing. Having a super action packed scene come to a sudden stop and onepunch man delivering a punchline completely deadpan and :geno: could be really hilarious.

The problem is that it would have to become less detailed, unless it was done as OVAs or a movie, which would loose the "barely-detailed Saitama, extremely detailed villains" thing it has going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

AnonSpore posted:

No, it's all bad. They saved their images in (probably 16 color) png which made the grey tones look like pixelated poo poo, and despite the entire chapter having maybe 30 lines of text they still managed to make mistakes.

Perfectionist, much? The chapter was plenty enjoyable.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

AnonSpore posted:

For those who are interested, someone's begun translating ONE's original version of Onepunch-Man, starting from the beginning of the arc after the one that's currently ongoing in Murata's version. I haven't actually read them so I can't comment on the quality of the translation. Naturally this includes spoilers for the current arc as well as future ones for Murata's version, and you all know what ONE's art is like, so I'd recommend reading only if you really, really have to know what happens next.

http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/onepunch-man-one-r9123

One's art is amazing. :allears:

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

Yeah... just "read" all of One's stuff. His art is so bad barely understand what is happening. Also, I don't know Japanese. Well, you all can look forward to more of naked prisoner super hero angle mode rear end.

I find One to be good at drawing, even if the actual quality of the art is poo poo. As in, he's good at drawing scenes so that you know what's going on for the most part. Also, in case you don't know, there's a translation of the One version that starts after the current arc of the Murata version.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Condiv posted:

I think tornado's offmodel looks exactly like she looks in the original version, which is pretty great because maybe we'll get this

One chapter will be just that as one long vertical spread. :v:

That's probably my favorite panel from the original version.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Soulcleaver posted:

I might have to go read ONE's old terribly-drawn comics just so I can get my fix. This series is great. Just wish it was more easily available.

Do it, it's totally worth it. And ONE's art isn't as awful as people make it seem. It is fairly poor quality, but the actual composition is quite good; good enough that you can pretty easily tell what's going on despite the otherwise poor quality.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Optimus Subprime posted:

So I stepped away from this series a year ago or so and just binged through all the chapters again. Holy poo poo, I forgot how god like Murata is in his drawing. Now I'm all caught up, and I have wait for chapters just like everyone else. :( Also, we still haven't seen what Watchdogman does yet (I hope its kept a secret running joke for a bit longer only because the reality can't possibly be as good as our imagination... can it?).

If you're jonesin you can always read the original webcomic version; it's all been translated.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

It should be noted that OPM is something One does on the side, whereas he actually gets paid for Mob Psycho 100. As such it has better art quality overall, and some legitimately good pages. Like this (spoilery) one. http://i.imgur.com/uaQ5Ni4.jpg. Or this (less spoilery) one. http://i.imgur.com/xDjQxoo.jpg

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Punc posted:

Every time AMR tells me a new chapter is out, but it's just the old chapter I get sad for about 2 seconds thinking it's a bug, but then I realize something magical as happened. That atmospheric punch. :stare:

For anyone reading One's original, do spoiler we lighty: do we ever see OPM get serious? Is there more crazy punching coming?

There's a thread for the ONE version but

Not really and yes.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

AnonSpore posted:

Murata will go back to the beginning and redraw Onepunch-Man again from the start, even better.

e: Actually, no, Murata will singlehandedly animate the Onepunch-Man anime, with ONE providing the voice of Saitama.

No, Murata will do a redraw of Mob Psycho 100. :colbert:

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

AnonSpore posted:

The problem with Murata drawing Mob Psycho 100 is that Reigen will actually look cool instead of being a humongous nerd who thinks he looks cool.

He could just draw him like he does Saitama most of the time.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Fellis posted:

the King engine is roaring, that means its King time motherfuckers

This arc is the one I've been waiting for the most. :allears:

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Fyi, people who talk about people spoiling stuff are just as bad as them for spoiling purposes.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Fellis posted:

Welcome to the somethingawful dot com forums and the internet in general. I hope you are current with your game of thrones spoilers

Next chapter King will die on the toilet.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Shadow0 posted:

Everyone keeps talking up King; if ONE's version is following Murata's closely, any ballpark guesses how long until we get to see him in action?

The next few chapters will all be focusing on King, IIRC.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

The king engine is roaring.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Hypocrisy posted:

The Hero Association knows Saitama is strong. They're just not sure if they want to make him one of the faces of the organization by making him S-Rank.

S-rank guys aren't really the face of the organization. (Most of) them are well-known for being power houses and poo poo, but they're not in the limelight like Sweet Mask, for example. IIRC

They're not making Saitama immediately acknowledged because that would ruin the joke.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Sonic remains one of the best characters.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Mystic Mongol posted:

But everything in the original looks like a poorly drawn mess.

The quality is low but it's not poorly drawn.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

What's that thing at the top, directly above Tatsumaki and Pig God, supposed to be? It looks like it's supposed to be something but I can't figure it out.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Yup that's Darkshine.
Shamefully, you can tell by the lips.

Ah, I see it now. Can't believe I forgot about him.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Davinci posted:

I forget, have we seen the #1 S class hero yet?

Nope. All we know is that they are named Blast.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Parrotine posted:

Is it drawn by Murata as well? Or maybe he hired another professional artist to do the heavy lifting?

No, and I don't see why that would stop you.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Popo posted:

Gonna say that a flame thrower doesn't seem all that harmless. Those dudes flailing about on fire seemed to not be having fun and seeing that would probably make those not on fire fairly compliant. Strongman and Magician seemed kind of in over their heads though. But who knows? Licenseless Rider could take a serious beating and walk away. Maybe these guys are hardier than they seem?

I'm pretty sure the only particularly dangerous criminals there were Garou and Sonic. They probably could have handled the rest.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

JosephWongKS posted:

Yeah, Genos and King are pretty much the only conventionally "cool" characters among the S-Class hero.

Atomic Samurai, Bang, and some others I'm not sure if they've been introduced yet, as well.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Pewdiepie posted:

That was very considerate of ONE to include a sister for ADTRW to find sexy as well.

:thurman:

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Beef Waifu posted:

61 in the Miura run currently

Murata

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

I am curious and horrified to see what would happen in a Kentaro Miura version of Onepunch Man.

Tatsumaki would be pissing on Saitama

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Shadow0 posted:

ONE is being consulted on all of this, right? Like he approves all the designs and changes?

He's writing the drat thing so I'd imagine so.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Captain Quack posted:

They have released a playing cards deck with OPM characters that feature art from both of them and it have characters that didn't appear in Murata version yet.
So some the designs are already planned.
If you don't want spoilers, don't search for it, unless you want a sneak peak to see how upcoming characters are in Murata's style.

Happen to have a link to these? Can't seem to find anything about them from a google search.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

I'm of the opinion that pretty much anyone Saitama's fought with that was not an outright joke by normal standards (like the bald power suit dude) is probably equivalent of an S-rank hero, if not higher (Boros, possibly Asura Rhino).

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

KoB posted:

:siren:Read Buso Renkin:siren:

Or watch the anime adaptation which is quite good.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Ak Gara posted:

If I remember right from the FF7 Let's Play thread, in Japan, androgynous slim males are considered "most manly" and huge muscle bound guys are considered the feminine ones. It's the complete reverse in the West where it's the other way round.

Like, if Predator was an Asian film, it would star Gackt.

No idea if it's true or not.

Well since you can find examples of both those stereotypes here I'd imagine it'd be the same way for Japan, even if one or the other is more common. See rockstars in the 80s for pretty boy manly, or the bear stereotype for the other one.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

EVIR Gibson posted:

Even in the panels where Saitama is drawn with lots of detail in very tense situations like introducing himself to B leader, he is still not ripped.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Bisse posted:

Well One better shape the gently caress up if Murata or the Anime start approaching the end of what he's done so far. He can be as focused on Mob Psycho as he wants but Mob Psycho is not currently being doubly readapted and reaching enough fame for american Marvel/DC bloggers to call it the "Best Superhero Comic 2014".

I imagine he probably doesn't give a poo poo.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

One of my favorite elements of that (spoilered in case anyone here wants to watch) is how he does the typical super-angry powerup/transformation, but not only does it not accomplish anything (since the character he kills was probably going to die anyway) but it results in him being a near death state and a major part of the next arc is trying to get him fixed up.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

OPM is a little side thing he does. He has no reason to update it faster if he doesn't want to. Plus if he updated it more Mob Psycho would probably be updated less and that would be a true tragedy.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

There Bias Two posted:

Haven't they been on the boat for actual years at this point?

I want to say for the past 4 or 5 years or so. I forget exactly when they actually got on the drat thing, it's been so long.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

There Bias Two posted:

Geeze. Are they just singing sailor shanties and drinking in every issue?

Well the last two or three issues have been a cutaway of mostly staring at two page spreads of Griffith.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

King having the biggest, scariest head is so much better now that I've caught up and know him for what he is.

The greatest hero to ever live?