Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

PaganGoatPants posted:

Yuuki Kaji (Attack on Titan's Eren

I hope his English dub voice ends up being Papenbrook.

japan.txt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

That's horrible.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

mabels big day posted:

Who's the android 18 lookin chick there behind Genos?

I think that's Lightspeed Flash; don't remember if he's been introduced in this version yet.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Shugojin posted:

I'm allergic to mosquito bites and this happens to me with all of them :saddowns:

:smith::hf::smith:

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Charanko is bald?! :aaa:

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Mraagvpeine posted:

But then you don't get to see the creative process Murata goes through when he redraws chapters.

This is the actually lovely thing about this.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

The real question is if they can keep this quality up. Since the first episode is done so early I'm feeling good about that, that they've given enough budget and time to properly make this.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Mraagvpeine posted:

Wasn't Zoro's name based on a historical figure?

The Zoro part is from Zorro, the Roronoa part is from some French pirate.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Crain posted:

I'm sorry, but what the gently caress is 25 o'clock?

Or am I reading those times wrong?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Anime is and always has been real.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

That would require official acknowledgement of Saitama's strength, which would be bad.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Keeshhound posted:

Also, there's only one Saitama-level threat, and he's already named.

Yeah, I hope we see that mosquito again at some point.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

If it turns out that eating monsters is what gave Saitama his powers, well, that'd honestly be a good way to explain it.

I always figured it was because, in the OPM universe, it seems being super intense about something can physically change you, like with Krabante there. Saitama was super serious about his training, so he got incredible power.

It's better if it's never actually explained, though.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

The funny thing about Saitama'e exam is that they actually got his ranking kind of right. Physically, he's unstoppable, but he really doesn't start out the story with an especially heroic attitude. It's very easy to see how the noble, idealistic, and driven Genos managed to hit S-rank when he didn't, despite only being able to single-handedly demolish cities rather than planets. I mean, that's their whole dynamic early on - Genos is mentally ideal but physically fallible, and Saitama is physically ideal but mentally fallible.

They did get it wrong then. The entire point of the S Class is to house super strong people that are otherwise poor heroes, as far as the Association is concerned.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Death Bot posted:

I've honestly been thinking this. The implication seemed to be that he was currently acting as a gatekeeper for S but I seems like he's got a bit more klout than he should.

Also it seems like the case was that anyone could get to S if they were strong enough, but Mask has prevented that from being true.

He's got a lot of clout cause he's S class level while also being a model hero in the way the Association wants. Anyone can get to S class if they're strong enough, but anyone doing so the normal way of rising through the ranks isn't actually that strong, so the only new additions are people who are placed in their outright, like Genos. Not to mention that most people don't want to be in S class.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Re: superpowers

Don't forget King's the King Engine! A force so powerful it cowers weaker monsters into submission.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

The only thing for me was that when Genos, Silver Fang and Saitama entered the room I was expecting a big detailed money shot and Saitama looking as crude as possible, otherwise it was pretty great.

He was less detailed than them at least. ONE Tatsumaki more than made it for that, though.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

I dunno, I think it makes it seem more like his blood is pumping in anger, which is pretty fitting. I feel this is one of those things where it's only a spoiler if you already know the twist.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Tatsumaki comes off as pretty drat bratty in the manga as well, to me at least. I'd say it's only the ONE version where she comes off differently for me (more of a bitchy old lady than a brat).

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Awia posted:

The identity of blast is so obvious it hurts.

Bang and Bomb doing a fusion dance?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Huzzah! posted:

From the PYF Fanart thread

trueloss.jpg

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Yeah, given that Metal Bat was smart enough to attempt to capture the second wave of monsters (before getting backed in a corner and having to muster up his will again), he's actually more than just a meathead.

I think Garou was more referring to how Metal Bat's not trained in any fighting style, so he couldn't do anything more than tank Garou's attacks until he fell.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

El Burbo posted:

Dang, you sure owned that guy in this thread about a series where a guy jumped from the moon to earth.

A very physically accurate jump from the moon to earth.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I would die if Metal Bat's sister is a female twin with a wooden bat instead or something, but I'd be equally mad that she's not an S ranker just like him.

She can't be a pro hero, she needs to stay in school and get good grades.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Like, goddamn, look at this sexy motherfucker.

I think Murata has a skintight clothes fetish.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

chaos rhames posted:

Was she bald before? I respect that commitment to anime.

With this pic, it looks like she's wearing a bald cap.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

This conversation is getting really lame and one-up-y.

One-Up Man

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Dreggon posted:

this would be a good avatar

Crop it to the rightmost portion and :agreed:

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

RedMagus posted:

I really would love a bit of literary analysis on that scene if possible. I can understand how it helps the story, but it does seem to be a bit forced? I mean, you just saw this guy cream a ton of other heroes, and your first instinct when someone comes and kicks his rear end is to go "oh wait maybe they're all worthless?"

I always felt it being forced was intentional. It's a purposefully farcical scene which goes with the ridiculous setting. Or it could just be lazy writing, ONE isn't perfect, etc.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Boros' English VA loving nails it, too.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

RatHat posted:

There's poison that you can absorb through your skin though, like the kind on poison frogs.

Wouldn't that just be referred to as a toxin, then?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

New chapter.
Haven't read it yet. Let's find out together, shall we?

Flashy Flash :syoon:

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

chiasaur11 posted:

It helps he's working with ONE, who has some of the best understanding of panel layouts I've ever seen.

For this new content, I'm curious how much input ONE has with regards to things like panel layouts and story boarding. Anyone know if either of them has said anything regarding that?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Mulva posted:

He's just not, and it's great, because it means you have that many more amazing heroes to see. He is absolutely at the bottom of the barrel, while still being head and shoulders beyond anything the A-Class has.

Yeaaaah no, Metal Bat is top tier. That's pretty much why they added the fight with him vs. the centipede monster, to show that.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Schwarzwald posted:

I'm pretty sure that just isn't true in this comic. Some humans have potential to become tremendously powerful, but not everyone.

Yeah, the way they explained monsterification is that it allows one to progress past their natural limit, thus making them much stronger.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

Have any of the S class heroes fought one other than Saitama or the lads who fought Boros' strongest general? I always forget the rankings when I am reading :saddowns:

The Great Centipede that Metal Bat killed was a Dragon. The meteor that Metal Knight and Genos failed to destroy was technically a Dragon-level threat. I want to say there was at least one other Dragon in this Tournament/Monster Association assault arc.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Yeah, like, as much as I love ONE's version it very much seems to be a literal rough draft for the Murata version.

It's also worth noting that, as minor of a character she is, Lily first showed up in the redraw and was later introduced in the ONE version. So if anything there's evidence to the contrary of the tournament arc not mattering.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

SpacePig posted:

The cell phone thing probably wouldn't be as bad if every appearance of PPP wasn't "My sweet, sexy boys!". Like, he wouldn't be that bad of a characters if he weren't referring to his prison harem constantly.

e: I like PPP, for the record, but I find his primary bit to be exhausting.

I think the cell phone in his butt thing is fine since he's a prisoner and that's a common (or at least commonly portrayed) way that prisoners hide poo poo. But it's ruined by every other aspect of his character being insanely offensive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

talking about the use and representation of queer characters in shonen is about as meaningful as talking about the use of pesticides in agriculture in mozambique. you've as much chance of influencing either by poo poo posting on the internet.

go learn japanese and talk to creators and poo poo if you get upset over it a bunch, at least you're attempting to address the issue that way

This is a dumb argument because no one's expecting this will influence ONE. It can however influence the people that read this thread and that clearly is worthwhile since a number of people were clueless about or outright hostile to the idea that PPP is a negative queer stereotype.

Genocyber fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Jun 9, 2017