Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

I love the cooking the monster cell joke. Stuff that offhandedly makes fun of the dumb actions people usually take in these sorts of comics is the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Speed of Light Flash (lmao)

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Some events have been mixed around in general, but we're finally into chapter 53 of ONE's OPM, though it's not finished and it would spoil what's coming next if you read that chapter.

Just neat to see it finally ticking over.

Ugh, now I have to decide whether I binge through the ONE original again or hold out for the redraw to cover the arc fully.

Caidin posted:

I feel like there is an arc building here about the despair of the Jobbers who through no particular fault of their own are casually obliterated by people and things that arbitrarily have several dozen times their physical capabilities.

No amount of effort will prevent martial arts expert Snek from maybe getting one page to look cool before he gets his face hammered into a perfectly flat surface. Planning and numbers will not allow Death Gatlings Posse to overcome Garou, even when he himself has been annihilated two times over. He just kinda powered through them and told them to come back with a letter grade that matters. Everyone is offered monster roids to break their limits and even the ones that do tend to be instantly destroyed, chiefly by someone who is the strongest thing on earth for no reason.

I don't know if anything will actually come of it, but still.

I think there's a difference between situations like Snek's and the heroes Garou just punched-in here. While they all got their asses handed to them, ultimately Snek and the other martial artists (okay mostly Suiryu) did accomplish something by delaying things for long enough that Saitama could arrive and save the day. Much like Genos did when fighting the Deep Sea King and Glasses specifically just did here (assuming Genos doesn't job again). Compare that to Death Gatling who only really cares about his rank and accomplished nothing but strengthening Garou.

If you're fighting for the right reasons this comic has your back, more or less.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Bisse posted:

ONE does some world class framing and posing. But look at this poo poo

This poo poo is some world class framing and posing as well.

Have ONE/Murata ever discussed how they produce the redraw? I'm curious if ONE has any say in the paneling for the new stuff or if he just handles the writing and that's all Murata.

Either way it certainly is good poo poo.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

What are you talking about? A CB-class hero couldn't possibly be that strong. He's clearly conning his way up the Association.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Tatsumaki is next to Saitama I think in how variably she's drawn. It does seem to me like Murata's stepping back from the more childlike design which is good because a.) that was creepy and b.) it fits how she comes across in the ONE version better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

One crab leg at a time.