Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Billzasilver posted:

Very cool particle effects as the character models slide in straight lines across the screen

https://twitter.com/fansaitama/status/1118448643827060736?s=21

See, I actually really like the feeling of speed and instant hits this scene gives? It's bad animation but something like this with better animation would be super cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

bacon flaps posted:

I would argue this means they're not S-Class because truly freakish strength gets thrown straight into S ala Genos.

Also imo Puri-Puri and Tank-Top Master made it in before Sweet Mask started squatting because they just feel weaker than him.

I think we've been told Amai is stronger than about 30% of the S-Class, which is part of why he does the squatting thing because he knows if he joined he wouldn't be able to keep out people like the ones he's already better than.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Popo posted:

Boros may not have had the prophecy from Earth but didn't he have one from his own seer who told him he'd find the best challenge on Earth? He came there for a reason.

I believe it was a seer on a planet he was invading who possibly sent him on a wild goose chase or to his death.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Darkshine honestly seems to be portrayed as one of the most thoughtful and empathetic characters even before this point. He was the only S Class to attempt to keep everyone working together during the Boros stuff as well. He’s a big guy but he’s not portrayed as a dumb person or a jerk jock. If he was of African descent he’d be far less offensive then Puri Puri Prisoner for example, and honestly if he’d always had dark skin his story wouldn’t really suffer at all imo.

The jerk jock character is the various Tank Tops and even then Tank Top Master seems to be the most good-hearted of the lot too.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Mar 24, 2020

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Classon Ave. Robot posted:

I think Tatsumaki pretty clearly outclassed everyone else (except Saitama) in the Boros arc. I dunno if there's any way Blast could be stronger unless he's like Saitama too somehow, but I kinda doubt that'd be the case judging by the way the story usually goes.

Blast’s only power is clearly creating explosions of any size with his mind, but he can never look at the explosion because he’s a cool guy.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

The thing that sets Naruto apart in these discussions is that straight up, the only truly atrocious stuff is all in the Fourth Ninja War. Just about every other part of the story is somewhat salvageable if not great as a stand-alone part. Even Madara is an appropriately built up and meaningful villain. Also I take umbrage with the Sasuke is abusive stuff, because he flat out has no desire for a relationship with any of these people and is actively trying to get them to leave him alone, he sees them as enemies not friends or romantic partners; this doesn’t make it okay, but he absolutely would be stoked if Naruto and Sakura just let him go away and live his life (Karin is a different discussion and is yes, super gross on every level for it).

Anyway, One Punch Man is much more consistently good, to the point where I can’t think of anything outside the distasteful nature of Puri-Puri Prisoner as a “gag character” that I dislike about One Punch Man. Except the disappointing season 2 anime I guess.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Skippy McPants posted:

I'd add the Darkshine thing, but yeah, that and Puri-Puri are the only two bits that really stick in my craw.

I'm slightly less down because I already knew about how ridiculous bodybuilder tanning lotion can look, but fair point.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

I appreciate Saitama and Zombieman both being well, good role models and friends/acquaintances to Child Emperor. They both to an extent listen to his fears and reassure him.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Big Leg posted:

metal bat or watchdog man could easily defeat boros at this point

Watchdog man defending his home city maybe, Metal Bat probably not. Boros is still stronger than basically everything except Psykorochi and might still be able to clown on Psykorochi. Seeing as it took the combined force of a serious punch and his own collapsing star roaring cannon to run out his regeneration. Especially when he explicitly states CSRC drains a lot of regeneration energy to perform. Boros power scaling is awkward because he only hits Saitama and his own ship, but he does an absurd amount of damage to said ship and is strong enough to punt Saitama to the moon in a single instant.

For context that’s a planet destroying attack and something capable of beating a planet destroying attack and he still lives long enough to have a conversation. So far only Psykorochi has shown even close to the amount of power necessary to keep Boros in the ground. Which requires him not to just kick her head off the second he enters Meteoric Burst and becomes fast enough to effectively perform instant transmission.

Boros was an extinction level threat and he only did very little because Saitama was there to solo him.

This is not to say Psykorochi isn’t powerful, just pointing out she’s not that far past Boros yet.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Jul 7, 2020

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Parrotine posted:

Is that what happened? The homeless emperor and psycho are mooching from the same power source?

Well no gaurantee, but Homeless Emperor said he was given powers by god, and Psykorochi is now making the same claim. Although given the serpent of Eden visuals it's possible that it's "satan" pretending to be god in the case of Psykorochi.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Kild posted:

I think he could've

I believe he’s only not an S-rank because he refuses to let them move him up just to gatekeeper the top of A-rank. So either you need to skip him through your initial test or be legitimately stronger/better than him.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

And Tyler Too! posted:

About the redraws, is that Murata wanting a do-over or is it ONE going "hey by the way some of this stuff is being retconned, mind touching it up?" I have no clue, I'm only following the manga.

I would honestly wager it's a bit of both.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Kild posted:

how the gently caress did he dial marge.

Nose and tongue.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

TowerofOil posted:

I was thinking back to how boros could tell how powerful Saitama was by looking at him. As well as the tatsumakis flashback and blast seemed to know a whole lot about her.

Boros is a DBZ villain, of course he can scan for power levels.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

A jargogle posted:

Not a single dead child in sight though?

Child Emperor could still die any day now though.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Zark the Damned posted:

To be fair last time was one on one, this time the Furher has help.

He also spent much of that time dodging and actually straight up incapable of hurting Fuhrer at all, and was pretty drat out of his mind.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

TowerofOil posted:

Saitama showing up late and saving the day after everyone has been defeated is kinda the point isn't it?

For smaller stories sometimes but the last big S-Class threat has Saitama kill Boros with none of them aware it had even happened, because they were busy fighting everything else.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

CannonFodder posted:

Tatsumaki casually redirected Boros's ship's artillery back into itself but the ship stays basically in the same place just with some superficial damage. Then, when Saitama jumps back from the Moon (!!!!!!) it shifts the ship far more than she did with her casual flick, and she reacts with surprise. Sure, Tatsumaki could affect the ship like that but she hasn't built up to that point, and somebody other than her moved something she knows no other S class could move. From what we saw, she didn't know Boros or Saitama were there, but she reacted to something very powerful happening when she was not involved.

True, but she's not aware of Boros or Saitama, and none of the others are aware of anyone but her damaging the ship at all. Which still is basically what I said, the point being that it wasn't the S-Class failing to beat someone who Saitama one-shots, it's that they had a more traditional fight whilst Saitama did his thing with someone they're unaware of.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

mabels big day posted:

We shouldnt be complaining/scrutinizing the saitama/genos moment, we should be complaining that the power scaling is off bc flashy flash should NOT be able to keep up with Platinum Sperm and Garou

Flashy Flash moves at the speed of Light (much like Speed'o Sound Sonic moves at the Speed of Sound).

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

RatHat posted:

So I guess Saitama doesn't need to breath now huh

He already didn't, remember he landed on the moon after getting knee'd by Boros.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

RareAcumen posted:

Name me a child genius that hasn't hosed up at some point, I'm genuinely asking. The ones that come to mind of not having made any serious mistakes due to immaturity or being bad at dealing with people compared to machines are Artemis Fowl and Wade from Kim Possible.

Artemis Fowl is literally a criminal genius, and from that perspective he constantly makes mistakes due to emotional attachment to his parents. But also it could be argued that being a criminal genius is a moral failing (a statement he later would agree with as he grows older).

Gologle posted:

Are we remembering the same Artemis Fowl? He literally kidnaps a fairy, its not like the fairies themselves wanted to mess with him

Also this, the first three books are all Artemis Fowl loving with other people and finding out (and in turn them finding out when attempting to gently caress with him).