Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
You can blow up all the monsters and robots you want. I just wouldn't expect a ton of blood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Waffleman_ posted:

Ever wonder what color the Oppai hoodie is?

Yo.

i got my hopes up when i saw this tweet because I thought the link was going to be to a purchasable hoodie :(

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
I like "ONE PUNCH!!!!!!!" *thrashing*, but that fan OP is still actually my fav. ONE PAN MAN FOREVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Was the comic mosquito lady such a berserk reference as well? I dug it

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Waffleman_ posted:

I can say for sure that you lose for posting this god-awful death match nerd versus bullshit. Don't do this.

Incorrect the answer is that superman would become saitamas disciple

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

drilldo squirt posted:

Uh, that's not how physics works, idiot.

The sheer versatility of the tank top doubles the power of the punch! The aesthetically pleasing ping sound a metal bat makes doubles the power of the blow!

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
A delinquent having a sister that is actually also strong & fighty is such a delinquent trope that now im gonna be disappointed if his sister doesnt just kick garou's rear end.

edit: Also got me thinking, Tanktop Vegetarian combines the versatility of the tank top with the nutritional value of vegetables to really get a lot of power, but do we know of any other tank toppers who try to limit break by combining the versatility & freedom of a tank top with something else?

If Tank Top Blackhole really wanted to advance he should combine the power he gains from the versatility of the tank top with something like maybe grip enhance gloves, which enhance the natural grip of the body and work in tandem with the freedom provided by the tank top to double his grip strength.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Work Friend Keven posted:

Lady heroes aren't really realistic to the world of OPM because I don't know if it's possible to get the flexibility and freedom allowed by a tank top if you've also got to wear a bra.

But, and hear me out on this, but what if the versatility & freedom of the tank top combined with the support of the bra DOUBLES the power?

Tank Top Brassiere - S CLASS

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

TheKingofSprings posted:

I would like to know more

E: also isn't the spoiler relating to the Murata thread not knowing if Garo's the villain or not? For all that's been shown in the comic he could wind up getting punched into Saitama's harem or teaming up against another Boros level jerk

dude hes clearly the villain, the resolution (re: harem / team up) is unknown but lets not pretend like the guy who is hunting heroes and ripped off a dudes arm and is currently beating fan favorite metal bat and who all the main good guy characters are trying to stop/prepare for isnt the villain

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Losing the ricochet kind of sucks, that was a cool use of the metal bat and Garou's finger imprints were cool too. I guess it was kind of clumsy but just have it be a normal ricochet!! (or was it too much like golden ball or whoever that guy was)

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Mordaedil posted:

That catfish monster seems like the most self-aware of the monsters so far. But it's not as if the monster ratings are an indication of their strength, but rather the level of destruction to be expected from them.

I was really hoping for

quote:

Catfisher
Disaster Rating: Demon

After he characterized himself as tiger, would have been a funny inversion of the classic monster overestimation

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Piuy is a birb

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Shadow0 posted:

"I have to defeat you!" -Person destined to lose by merit of having said that

Also, Sea King really affected a lot of people. Even Boros has had arguably no effect on anyone.

is there a manga/anime which plays off cliches like this. Id love to have some idiot start to say this only to be dogpiled by their buddies "shut up you idiot youre gonna lose if you say poo poo like that" etc

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
the seaking arc is the best one currently drawn by Murata so it owns to keep referencing it

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Its pretty cool that Toonami is gonna air One Punch Man. Cartoon Network & Sci FI Channel were how I got into animes as a kid, and now kids will get to enjoy a top tier animes.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
i wish we were in the OPM universe so you pedants would become pedant monsters due to constantly being pedantic all day about Saitama's powerlevel, and then King would come and end you.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
I liked the tournament for the bits where the people with actual life or death fight understanding had to almost be punched by Saitama, but it got really good with the Suiryu vs the monsters stuff.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
You can't really blame the HA. They cannot be expected to calibrate their tests to accurately measure the power of the Strongest Man on Earth. Say they do that and a bunch of A-C class heroes don't even rank because you're weighted towards "strongest man on earth".

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

graham cracker posted:

This comic has a very large percentage of awesome characters.

Glasses, Mumen, Genos, Saitama, Garou, Metal Bat, King, etc.

I love that playing videogames with King is the only thing that really gets Saitama really worked up. Also King mentioning he just hits the same button over and over. (The heavy punch button one assumes)

Saitama plays video games against type, he mashes weak low kick over and over

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Holky gently caress what a chapter

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
ONE should be the manga equivalent of a tv show runner. His ideas and characters and storyboarding is good. Collaboration with a great artist makes his material transcend. Its why i like murata opm more than the webcomic and anime mp100 more than the manga even though all versions are "good"

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Garou don't eat the monster arm :ohdear:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
ahhhhh its getting so good

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
I really liked, from an art/paneling perspective, all the depictions of the laser blasts decimating the layout of the monster HQ labyrinth. Very cute. way to convey information and looks nice to boot

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
her clothes are not made of fabric they are made of psychic energy so it's ok that they look like that and actually she is a 600 year old demon anyways so it's fine :pseudo:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
I respect genos for going maximum speed and power at all times

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
is everyone trolling whats different in that panel?? hes still wearing pants

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Is there a thread for season 2 of the anime? Its so bad

In the first episode alone they use like every animation trick in the book to not animate something, characters constantly hiding their face or have their mouth right out of frame. Shots of just feet walking, etc.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Hellsau posted:

To be fair that's because the comic started off quite strong, and this season at least got through the whole King setup in one episode. The animation was disappointing but at least it was an entertaining episode.

If the robot fight was handled better it'd have been a superb episode.

the content is strong its just delivered in near the shittiest form possible relative to season 1. Like yea if it was animated more dynamically like season 1 that combined with the already good ONE story would have made it amazing, but instead it was poo poo :mad:

So mad of what they have done to OPM, I thought it'd have the respect of the industry where they'd give it the treatment it deserves like Mob Psycho.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
ITS SO loving BAD WHAT THE gently caress

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
There is MAYBE 5 seconds of quality animation in any of these episodes. Most of the fighting is some like really blurry poo poo I dont know what the technique is but it sucks rear end, its clearly some money saving method of animating battle like they are applying a blur filter over 5 keyframes and stretching it to 10 seconds or some poo poo.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

TenementFunster posted:

at least he got a banana. and yeah, the EP looked better than the previous 2, but I'm not as much of a sperg about it as most of this thread. i just wanna see my japanese punch animes

im definitely gonna sperg over the animation and this episode also sucked rear end. It wasn't as dire as the previous 2 but they are still basically not animating anything and instead jiggling a still frame back and forth.

A big problem is that the entire just essence of the show is degraded in quality so not only is the animation worse but everyone is drawn worse, and not in an endearing ONE way!! Tank Top Master standing there like a chode after punching mumen, loving depressing.

Anyways ill try to contain my bitching about this as the season goes on as the story and voice acting are still great.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
what the FUK is going on with OPM s2

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
i thought the mech was appropriate because it was proportioned like a gacha gundam mini

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
please change the intro song to "NO PUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNCH!"

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
They dont need someone to re-animate season 2, they just need to make sure season 3 is tip top

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
blast is saitamas dad

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
ONEs taken the redraw as opportunity to expand on the concept of being a hero (and obv expanding the fights to show off the s class) and adding more contrasting characters to Saitama.

The tourney arc was good for that.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
oh shi its an UGMON!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
you guys cannot possibly still be talking about cadre cmon