Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

If it is black and a weird shape it might be a kneaded rubber eraser that has absorbed a enough graphite to become black. He isn't streaming right now so I can't confirm though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Terror Sweat posted:

Or perhaps hes an idiot and you spergs are ruining the joke?

It seems like everyone else is making jokes. Maybe...maybe you're the sperg?

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Law Cheetah posted:

There are a couple people who definitely weren't making jokes.

Probably! But it's not like the translator wrote any of this in the margins of the issue, so nobody "ruined the joke". And saying people are mentally deficient is probably a little extreme.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

oh my gosh Genos's smug face when he realized she was targetting Saitama for hazing was hilarious

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

khy posted:

No I would say you definitely were a dick with that post.

Take THAT guy who posted 4 days ago

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Terper posted:

I wouldn't say it's thrown away. It's just that interacting with people and making friends makes his life better. He still seeks thrills but he has more than just that now.

It's also played for a joke at the beginning anyway. When he is talking about how he has become too strong he is like "I have become emotionally numb, i feel no fear, no joy, no excitement, no anger". Then he fails to squish the mosquito and is all "God drat gently caress poo poo!" with a vein popping out of his head in fury.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

spranic will pead because that's just an edit. The CH symbol is just a smile face in a yellow circle and there aren't any antenna. Colors were pretty close to El Chapulin Colorado, but it's a vague reference at best and just a color coincidence at worst.

Isn't it a reference to the thing AnonSpore posted about last page?:

AnonSpore posted:

So here's a factoid about our opening villain, Vaccineman. As noted in the OP, he's an homage to Baikin(germ)man, the antagonist of the children's book/anime series Soreike! Anpanman!. Saitama himself looks a lot like the titular Anpanman:

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I'm just cackling. Oh man, waiting a week or two before telling him anything is gonna be torture but so worth it.

Should I lie? Should I just be a piece of poo poo and tell him he's right and that House of Evolution is the main conflict of the show?

eh, given this thread's reaction to the "wink wink nudge" hints/jokes about the original ONE version, it would be pretty hypocritical for us to endorse you loving with a friend in a similar way.

Plus it is way more fun to just watch the reactions, trust me.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Well that Young Jump special from the other page was pretty recent right? As well as the Hero Book or whatever that was. So it seems like Murata's actually been working on more OPM stuff overall these days, it's just divided between a bunch of special material.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

The joke is that he just got done saying "I feel no joy, no anger, no excitement" and then like 30 seconds later he is visibly furious that he can't squish a mosquito

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

AnonSpore posted:

Murata is known for astounding work ethic (Eyeshield 21 was 333 chapters long and never once took a break) so I don't think we'll have to worry about that unless he falls ill. But yes I wish we could have faster releases too.

Yeah, honestly given Murata's work ethic I am expecting something crazy. I feel like other times we had a long wait we got a ton of pages or like those glorious color pages of Metal Knight.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Mordaedil posted:

Welp, Tony is hosed.

Saitama wouldn't get involved in their petty squabbles, he's probably running past everyone on the way to a special sale.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

The argument about "filler or not" misses the bigger point that you're still spoiling future characterization by saying "oh no this won't happen because it's 'filler'" (directly implying that it doesn't happen in the subsequent 'official' arc)

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

e X posted:

"This story is not over and will continue"

"Oh my god, stop spoiling it for me!!!"

is not the same as "this will explicitly not happen in the next 100 chapters" lmao

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

El Burbo posted:

Read ONE imo

:agreed:

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

RatHat posted:

When has anyone said that?

never, thankfully

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

mabels big day posted:

Don't take me seriously. I'm mostly joking. I forgot to make my post in lowercase to reflect this.

My phone defaulting to sentence case really fucks with my joke posting

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

biracial bear for uncut posted:

Wost slashfiction writing ever.

All those monsters, enjoying each other's company, dancing, keeping their evil in check...

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Donkringel posted:

I just do this because I think its an amusing fan theory that he gets his powers from chomping monsters and I would like to build that theory.

If I didn't keep bringing it up I wouldn't be able to add Pig God to the theory since someone was kind enough to point that out. Discussion works!

How the hell do you even formulate that theory without factoring in Pig God :psyduck:

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Schwarzwald posted:

I was genuinely worried that no depiction of Watchdog Man fighting could do his character justice.

Same. This was foolish in retrospect.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

I legitimately feel like it's every time One Piece has a break. If so we will find out next week.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Holy poo poo that panel of that rose dude just straight up wailing on a monster with a cinder block hahahahaha

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Holy poo poo yea that was a great chapter, and more of what I was hoping for in the pacing of the last few fights

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

dipwood posted:

Blast is just Saitama again, back when he was weaker and had spiky black hair.

Just like how Saitama's accomplishments were attributed to King.

It's a clever theory but I'm pretty sure you can't become the very top ranked hero by accident without even knowing about the hero association. They presumably had to establish communication with Blast at some point, like they did with King when they made him S class.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Collapsing Farts posted:

Muratas version is about ten thousand times better and it is the unique mix of humor AND awesome action that makes it so great. If you don't care about fighty action sequences I can maybe see why you'd prefer a bunch of lukwarm jokes in a row I guess

It's uniquely passive aggressive to say you like the unique mix of "humor AND action" then basically immediately insult the humor

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Collapsing Farts posted:

wow this is so much better than Muratas work, true genius

As explained in the actual post: this isn't the webcomic, it's ONE doing storyboards explicitly for the Murata version

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

A jargogle posted:

I would think it more likely that just because it's the same author, that doesn't mean the new content is automatically as good. Stapling bits onto a story years after you wrote it doesn't sound conducive to a good outcome to me.

I dunno most people liked the Star Wars special editions right?

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

logikv9 posted:

“im just a hero for fun” - Genos

Yeah I was gonna say. The true final test for Genos will be when he ignores the chance for revenge because it's a special sales day

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

I mean "they can't make a translation that's 100% perfect for a western audience so they should just leave it as something totally incomprehensible" is super flawed logic anyway.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

EimiYoshikawa posted:

Careful, as a fellow non-webcomic reader who's been spoiled by webcomic fans champing at the bit to spoil as much as possible at all times, they'll trip over themselves to tell you *all* about it.

I'm pretty sure like half this thread is webcomic readers so don't judge us by one or two assholes

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Darth TNT posted:

I hope Murata is okay :ohdear:

Did i miss something that this is in reference to?

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

King becoming self aware of the plot armor/luck he has would not only ruin the joke it would arguably even cancel out the power itself.

Right now basically every action King takes is informed by him knowing he is an abject weakling who wants to run away screaming but keeps accidentally appearing like a world class badass and bluffing/lucking his way into major victories.

If he even for a second believed he was being protected by some divine providence it would make him act differently, and acting differently would cancel this whole effect out. Like the "King Engine" itself relies on him being so over-the-top terrified that his heart is beating loud enough for everyone to hear from far away.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

RareAcumen posted:

You say that but I'm over here thinking of it like Domino from Deadpool 2.

They're both awesome characters but for distinct reasons, which I think is better :)

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

MorningMoon posted:

*on my knees, crying* the fireworks factory!!!

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

this entire chapter kicked loving rear end

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Terror Sweat posted:

Go watch the Simpsons you fucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Bucswabe posted:

If you only read a few redraws, I highly recommend the Saitama vs Oorochi redraw chapter: https://cubari.moe/read/gist/OPM/112/1/

But good idea to read all the redraws, since the newest chapters are based on continuity established only in the redraws. For the most part I think the redraws have made the chapters and the overall story better.

Holy frick I didn't even realize this was released, it's so weird to decide to put major story implications in a redraw like this