Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom
Just blew through the current chapters, awesome series so far. Love how everyone builds themselves up to a one-panel immediate death.

Also I can't be the only one who thinks Sonic is female, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

onepixeljumpman posted:

See a lot of "getting hit in the balls" jokes with girls, do you?

Yeah but there was basically no reaction to that. Sonic just leaps backwards and is startled by Saitama.

By the way I love that whole scene with Sonic leaping around. Flipping from page to page it's like watching an anime with how smoothly it plays.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

Sindai posted:

Change thread title to "Better animated than most anime."

Seriously, and thank you to the people doing the gifs because it just looks so drat awesome played out like this.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom
I seriously love the artists style. Even in a still image you can see movement taking place... Don't know how to describe it better than that.

Maybe it's a trick of lines or something, but I just swear it looks like you can see the air fluctuating around his lasers from the heat.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom
I'm loving how serious the artwork is for an otherwise comical plotline. You have to give the artist credit, he knows how to draw a goddamn punch.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

ImpAtom posted:

That is part of what makes it so hilarious though. It is this absolutely insanely beautifully drawn artwork of a bald dude who beats everyone in one punch.

Speaking of which, I don't know what I'd like more at this point; him meeting someone who's also insanely powerful because they did some inane exercise like using a Wii fit game, or just continuing to one-shot basically everything in existence.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

GodFish posted:

Since his hair is starting to fall out that was probably mid-training.

And he did fail to kill it in one punch.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

Unlucky7 posted:

Saitama accidentally activated God Mode, and everyone else is either dumbfounded or upset that their rules are being stomped all over.

This is the best breakdown I think.

I'm really hoping for a DBZ style villain who shows up, claims he's a million times more powerful in his evolved form, and dies in one punch before he even gets the chance with Saitama too drat bored to stand around for ten minutes while he powers up.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

Vanderdeath posted:

Is Speed of Sonic a really effeminate guy or just a lady in drag?

I said a couple pages ago I thought the character was a woman. The argument against that is the whole punch to the groin.

Liar fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Dec 8, 2012

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

Roobanguy posted:

Everyone refers to him as a man so it's probably a guy.

Yeah, plus re-reading his legs are locked and he's shaking like crazy like speaking, so maybe he's just downplaying how bad it hurt.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

Plutonis posted:

Saitama's expressions on this chapter were the best in the entire manga, just saying.

I love how goddamn serious he looked though half of this.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

AnonSpore posted:

Yes, though not all at once.

I'd like to imagine the opposite happening. Something horrible shows up, every S hero comes running out only to get stomped, and then a guy trying to stop a purse thief one-shots the beast merely because it happens to be blocking the path towards the purse thief.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom
I don't know what's more epic. Saitama biting the sword in half in an epic panel, or him looking like he was drawn by a five-year-old while karate chopping Speed to death.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom
Tried to post it, but Imgur is being a bitch.

I just love where Saitama threatens Sonic by saying "I'll hit you". It's such a bland threat, but Sonic is freaking out because he knows how insane Saitama is. One slap and you're dead.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

Kept clicking the right arrow, wondering what the gently caress was wrong with the page.

It all looks very serious. Wish I could read any of it.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

GoatLord posted:

The first page of the chapter had a guy with Testicle written on his back. There was really nothing that could be surprising after that.

I imagine a dramatic scene where Saitama will be forced to confess that he didn't just follow a strict exercise regiment. He also drank the recommended eight glasses of water a day.

The SECOND I saw the horse guy all I could think of was the horse mask like they sell on Amazon. I clicked back here and was saddened to realize it was just a horse in a suit. Then I read this...

Prison Warden posted:

It's just a horse in a suit.

he doesn't even have hands or anything, it's just a horse. In a suit. Fantastic.

...and I accepted that as a good thing.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

Gyges posted:

All I know is I wish I had a handkerchief that transformed into a rapier.

I was assuming he was a magician type.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom
I fully expect this guy to show up and announce (with a full head of hair) that he trained exactly as Saitama did everyday... Except for only two years and eleven months. Thereby making him no match for Saitama who endured that extra month.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

Gyges posted:

Can't do that with a full head of hair since Saitama's started falling out at the begining. But if he turned on the AC or skipped breakfast/didn't eat a bannana every day, well that's a different story.

The whole balding thing actually worries me that Saitama may have been running past a nuclear power plant everyday, and his strength will be explained as mutation from radiation.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

onepixeljumpman posted:

That happened to me too. But now that I know:

I've never made a .gif from stringing together images, but I gave it a shot.

Please tell me that's someone being punched through the goddamn moon.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom
Sigh... I was really hoping it was someone getting punched through the moon, but Saitama verses Armageddon will be fine I guess.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

Pyronic posted:

I think you mean Saitama as Bruce Willis in Armageddon

Minus any space shuttles or crazy Russians. I fully expect Saitama to just be sort of standing outside and put an end to the asteroid by simply being hit by it and having it fracture on his head.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

Xy Hapu posted:

I'm surprised the story is apparently not set on Earth! I wonder if this is just a superfluous detail or they'll make something of it later

Even odder considering Saitama's Chicago Bulls shirt.

Also now I'm wondering when we'll see Tanktop Man. Wonder if he's anything like long-time cosplay weirdo Man-Faye.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

Unlucky7 posted:

Holy poo poo that is amazing.

Yeah, always awesome when an artist loves what they do enough to spend even their free time coming up with insane poo poo like that.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom
Can we just reclassify this series as an anime already?

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom
Holy gently caress what amazing art and coloring. I need to stop questioning why it seems like chapters come so slowly.

I can't read a word of this, but holy hell is this awesome. Loving that Saitama basically still destroyed the city... but less so. Too bad that giant robot dude will probably get credit for it.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

DrSunshine posted:

Realistically speaking if he really had shattered it that close to impact, the chunks wouldn't have scattered far enough to avoid doing more or less the same damage that it would have done had it been completely solid. It's like the difference between a rock hitting you in the gut, or an equal mass of gravel hitting you in the gut in roughly the same area.

I guess you could imagine that he vaporized some of it, but you'd still have the problem of a massive amount of vaporized white-hot rock-gas smashing into a city. Also, it would've been surrounded by a fireball and the shock-front of its approach through the atmosphere would've probably leveled the city long before it actually hit the ground.

But whatever. Anime~ :japan: The chapter, especially the animated bit at the end, was incredible. This comic works so well in color, I almost wish he had a dedicated colorist like in American comics.

Maybe he'd slowed its momentum down to nothing with the force of the impact. Like a baseball being hit by a bat, except in this case more like a baseball being shot by a bullet.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom
I just love how this whole chapter strived so hard to look so impressive, and then on the last page Saitama is basically a cartoon character. Just beautiful.

Also loving the building being pushed down into the ground. That's an impressive touch.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

VanSandman posted:

Holy poo poo, that was some of the most gorgeous art I've ever seen in a comic.

I know people are pointing out how it's basically just a photo of the city run through photoshop, but I still think this is absolutely awesome:

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND posted:

All that proves is how little deadlines sometimes matter in retrospect. Who isn't thankful for the fact that he went and made something truly exceptional out of the chapter?

If I had to wait an extra month to see this chapter I would have considered it worth it. Sometimes you can't rush genius.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

VanSandman posted:

If I had any sort of skill in making movies or .gifs, I'd be putting together some of the crazy flowing sequences. They are really stunning to watch.

Well luckily for you other people do, and they've made gifs out of all of them. There's also some pretty amazing AMVs... Amazing if you consider this is a comic, not an anime, and yet you'd swear you were watching one.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

AgentHaiTo posted:

You know, in one of the movie forum threads, someone was posting how it seems like all superheroes do three point landing/launches. I really like how Saitama just did a simple jump and land on two feet without any fancy hand gestures.

If you look it looks like he just landed on his toes fairly softly and then set down his heals. You'd think with it being Saitama that he'd crack the road in half or something, but no. Somehow he just lands there, absolutely confident that everything's find despite the fact that he just killed a million people saving a billion people.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

Swillkitsch posted:

That last page with Saitama's chill-as-gently caress face while poo poo explodes behind him. I can't remember the last time a manga made me laugh that hard.

It's not just that he's chill for me. It's that through this whole issue everything was drawn so drat well, and then on the very last page Saitama is a goddamn cartoon. I love how he's drawn in contradiction to everything else.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

Star Platinum posted:

I wasn't familiar with any of Murata's work before this

Then go read Eyeshield 21. Really, it's a fantastic series.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom
Saitama's I don't give a gently caress about you attitude is awesome. He's the best self-serving rear end in a top hat ever.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

AnonSpore posted:

Something like... the Caped Baldy.

I'm seconding this. Considering people are getting stuck with names in regards to the color of their shirts this seems very likely.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

The_Angry_Turtle posted:

The translation of the latest chapter on Kissmanga is among the worst I have ever seen.

Is tanked top black whole supposed to be Tanktop Black Hole?

No idea what the hell you're talking about. It makes absolute sense that when it comes to Saitama "hearing one of his yell would do no good to the quietness".

Seriously I'm not sure the translator speaks either Japanese or English. It's like they used Google Translate and didn't even try to correct the glaring mistakes.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

Sarcophallus posted:

Raw for chapter 28 is up.

Genos with some built-in dish-drying functionality. He looks so pleased with himself.

Kind of a short looking chapter. Glad we've immediately gone to Saitama versus Cthulhu.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

AnonSpore posted:

I'm pretty sure it's just that Saitama doesn't bother washing the dishes until they pile up enough to become a mysterious being, so Genos jumps on the opportunity to do his duty as the faithful disciple.

Plus Saitama with a scouring pad sounds like a recipe for a LOT of ruined pans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom
I love that Saitama can barely recall punching a fifty-foot-tall sea monster to death. It's nice that something like that is so stupidly mundane to him that he doesn't even need to think about it.