Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Digiwizzard
Dec 23, 2003

Pork Pro

onepixeljumpman posted:

To that end, I'd actually be ok with his powers never getting a proper explanation. I'd be ok with them just making half-hearted teasing in the vein of the head of the Super Hero Registry saying "it's like the power of God resides in Saitama." Now, that part may later turn out to be for real, but I'd be ok with it just being a one off and us never actually learning if there's more to him than the training regiment or not. So far, it's not what matters to me.

I really hope there isn't an explanation down the line about Saitama getting his power from his genes, or from a magic medallion or god playing a prank or something. It's so much funnier if it really is just him earnestly doing weight training, with the implication that anyone could be this strong (and bald) if they just never ever took a day off and don't take any shortcuts.

Digiwizzard fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Nov 24, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digiwizzard
Dec 23, 2003

Pork Pro

Liar posted:

Saitama hopping an enemy into submission is priceless. I cannot wait to see that drawn to full perfection.

The names of Saitama's moves are Seriously the best. :allears:

Digiwizzard
Dec 23, 2003

Pork Pro
People are getting too wrapped up in arbitrary distinctions. The only difference between a hero and a villain is in their conduct. Saitama is a hero because he chooses to act heroically, protecting the weak and doing good deeds. If he was using his strength to murder children or whatever then he would no longer be very heroic.

The same is true for all of the other Heroes and Monsters.

Digiwizzard
Dec 23, 2003

Pork Pro

RatHat posted:

Worth noting that it's not possible for a normal human to hold their breath in outer space, so Saitama's organs are super strong too.

And how can a human being be strong enough to punch a hole in a mountain??? That's impossible!!!!!!!

Digiwizzard
Dec 23, 2003

Pork Pro
In the style of Lupin the Third, King is just the great grandson of Harry Paget Flashman.