Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

I get that our titular hero is a literal cheat code that destroys the tension of any fight, but I swear this manga would be better if he was a bit less in the background. The cycle is really painfully obvious at this point, hype up monsters by having them do things while he's off screen, wanders in saves day. Maybe this is all building up to everyone finally recognizing the baldy cape as the hero he is in this arc, but I'm a smidge tired of the drag to get to his arrival to save the day where he disappears for a months at a time in terms of publication.

This arc has had excellent action though and thats a p thin criticism if im honest.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 15:39 on May 7, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

If this doesn't finally validate Saitama even if they think it's a fluke I dunno y'all

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

That sure is different hopefully Viz puts that up cause it seems like there is a lot more going on there than the kinda confusing quick battle they had originally.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Bleck posted:

Reminder that Mr. Satan is as physically capable as Goku was when he fought Raditz. So way behind the main characters by that point, but dang if the man doesn't deserve respect.

He was a man born at the wrong time in history kinda, but he made mad bank on it so I guess it worked out.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Blaze Dragon posted:

The pages added make the chapter make a lot more sense. The Tatsumaki/Blast part felt like I had missed pages, good to know that it's because I did.

I was also confused and now I am not. Those were important missing pages.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Bucswabe posted:

My prediction is that both Garou and Saitama will both struggle with their respective opponents (I don't think Saitama killed Evil Ocean Water, and I think he'll have to be creative to come up with a way to stop it), and the story will highlight their similarities while giving Garou another opportunity to level up - just in time for their final match.

Alternatively once again Saitama is so loving powerful he has obliterated Evil Ocean Water (the centipede said so) and it will be missed again because no one really saw him do it.

I think it will take them both to punch down the giant centipede tho.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I imagine the webcomic like some lost ancient materials I'll never really see. I'm aware it isn't but the way it's spoken about...

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Could we have the next chapter now please? I would like that. Final panel was amazing.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

The manga is always better when Saitama is present. Great chapter.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Said it before and I'll say it again, the thing is way better when Saitama is center stage. He's great.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Wow so good. Saitama really is the best piece of this and its so much better when he's front and center.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

pik_d posted:

I'm extremely confused, it looks like they redrew the latest chapter to make Saitama less sympathetic which pushed Garou towards "God"

https://tonarinoyj.jp/episode/3270296674344129439

I wonder if its some kind of meta time travel type thing where "God" literally influenced the comic itself?? This is dumb I'm dumb.

Now I'm very confused

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Revins posted:

I normally don't look at the raws but I did

hmmmmmmmmm

same, put me in a tizzy

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Even wilder is that Viz published the original chapter as their official release when this one seemingly wasn't even days behind.

e: this looks like it'll be fun, but its no where near as compelling as the original release. Garou just got tricked bad.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 18:29 on May 25, 2022

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

TheKingofSprings posted:

What even is Garou’s plan at this point?

Seems very straight forward, he wants to demonstrate such overwhelming power he will be the only "evil" in the world. Hero's won't need to do a job anymore because everyone will be too afraid of him to try it and/or he will squash any opposition to his position at the top of the food chain.

But Saitama

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Justin Lin can direct the gently caress out of an action sequence and give it enough heart to be not a soulless thing, but live action anime is just a concerning position to start from.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Oh my that's a face we've not seen before

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

WOW

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Tombot posted:

Anyone notice that weird crater on the dark side of the moon? I don't remember seeing that before now.

We know "God" has been loving around in the moon before, I bet its part of whatever that is to be close to the action. Def looks creepy monstery for sure. It's for sure new info we haven't seen the dark side of the moon before I don't think.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Holy poo poo translation get here asap

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I thought both the art and word were good.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

The junk collector posted:

Clearly it's another centipede

Just going by the odds of appearances in the last bit, yeah that could be right

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Awesome chapter, love it when Saitama gets to make his presence known.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

From those raws alone all i take from that is heartache for Fubuki poor Fubuki.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

The Notorious ZSB posted:

From those raws alone all i take from that is heartache for Fubuki poor Fubuki.

Oh yup I was right! sometimes the images truly do tell enough of the story.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Everyone is thirsty for Saitama and he's only thirsty for going home to chill

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Sindai posted:

Are those animations completely soundless for everyone is something broken on my end?

Musk broke the twitter machine particularly when it comes to media related links today i think

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Yeah the good poo poo just keep pumping it into my veins OPM

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

If they ever got it, it would undermine the joke so its better that they stay stupidly oblivious, its a feature not a bug

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Modern shounen Anti Heroes might as well all just be Vegeta, who I'm sure could be modeled after some character from a 60s/70s series I'm unaware of. shounen is not exactly doing new things, just using the familiar things in hopefully fun and cool ways. OPM regularly subverts those things which makes it so good.

Who came first? hardly matters since they're all cribbing from somewhere else no matter what.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

cant cook creole bream posted:

What if, hear me out here, Fubuki in a tank top?

:swoon: but also didn't he do that for a cover already?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Eyeshield 21 was good poo poo, although like a lot of sports things I think the author took some liberties with how the rules of the game work for DRAMA. The finish bugged me as a ref cause that's just not how a game would finish, but I enjoyed the hell out of it. A one shot will be fun.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

oh jay posted:

Genos being in such a self-conscious rut takes a little away from this excellent scene.

Kind of, but Genos doesn't really consider his humanity a strength. to his point compared to Saitama he still ain't close to him (its just an insanely unfair comparison given what we know about Saitama's strength).

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Larry Cum Free posted:

Krillin had it all figured out. Just marry a hot robot and leave this saving the world poo poo to some other chumps.

Krillin realizes by the Cell Games his role is just bring the Senzu beans, he's p good at that.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Amazing chapter, so many good dogs in OPM.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Oh yeah

He's right here

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Despite the films visual its way more likely that liquid metal was simply subcutaneously injected and sat like a vaccine would under the skin except it likely wouldn't get absorbed into your body as quickly. Magneto realistically would have ripped a hole in this dudes rear end cheek removing the iron instead of bleeding it out of him, but hey rule of cool.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Whoa

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Shadow0 posted:

Also, kind of wild that they didn't translate or give any note for "genjutsu".

After the broad success of Naruto I don't think that's necessary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Shadow0 posted:

I never got into it like all my nakama did.

If you've got nakama then you're set :yohoho: