Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Uhmm I think I need a summary of the Quantum Thief (which I read a pair of years ago), before starting The Fractal Prince. I had a vague memory only...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Loving Life Partner posted:

I think that's everything, right? Gah this book.

Gah, indeed. But thank yhou.

What happened with the inspector at the end?

I remember a third party in the mess, like another society in the same city, which was more advanced but being secluded in an area. Zoku, I read in the wiki. Did they had any involvement in the end?

Was one of the Founders behind everything? It seemed there were factions or interests between them.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Well, gently caress it, I started reading The Fractal Prince. It's short, depending of my day tomorrow, I may finish it in one more day.

The writing, where way-advanced-tech, culture, history, myths and invented terms mix and merge, always makes me smile. It gives a sense of a bit more weighty reality to the pretty fantastic and lofty setting, while still clouds it in mystery and wonder.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

I think someone should make a glossary or some poo poo. Lots of terms

Primes, Founders, Gogols, Guberniya, Sobornost, Zoku, Jinn, Anu, etc etc

• Locked thread