Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

Hold the newsreader's nose squarely, waiter, or friendly milk will countermand my trousers.
Just popping in to this thread to say that the local bar does open mic on the third thursday of every month...

and thanks to this thread I worked up the courage to sign up for it. Worse case scenario I end up getting a drink in exchange for making an utter fool of myself and get to cross something off the bucket list. Best case scenario,I get a few laughs.

I have about five minutes worth of material, any tips for not rushing through it like a freight train on meth when I actually get up there? And segues! Those are the weakest thing I have. Tips for going from bit to bit? My five minutes is almost entirely about music and how band is the only class in high school you get an A for effort since "playing music as well as stevie wonder can sight read" isn't a reason to fail someone so I manage to avoid it, but I will eventually need to branch out into more than one subject.

Dr Jankenstein fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Sep 16, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU