Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...
Hi thread, I really really love comedy, especially stand-up and improv, and it's something I've always wanted to try. So I've been preparing by jotting down every single (un)funny thing that comes to me down on twitter(@SaberToothedPie if you're interested in unfunny dick jokes) and then picking the ones I like the most and putting them and jokes on that same topic/subject together in a notepad file and come up with segways. I know everybody probably does it differently, but is this an acceptable way to write a set or should I script it out more exact? What's a good way to figure out which jokes you should open/close with?

Unfortunately there's only one club that does open mics near me, and it's weekly, which is kind of a bummer. Also I've read this entire thread, it's been really helpful, thanks. :unsmith:

edit: forgot to mention I'm in St. Petersburg, Florida. There's some other florida goons in this thread, so hi.

SaberToothedPie fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Jan 7, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU