Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bulldog
Oct 14, 2012
I was in an episode of the Walking Dead. I found Rick in a house with the roof torn off. There was a torrential down pour outside and I didn't see any other cast members around. I talked with Rick and found out that we were cousins. Then there must have been a tornado or down burst and I was thrown out of the attic and back outside.

On the outside of the house I was met with zombies and super zombies. The regular zombies I killed but the super zombies were another matter. They appeared to have higher cognitive thought and they had less flesh on their faces. They were extremely agile and acrobatic. I was able to get back to the attic where I found Rick but he was gone and one of the super zombies caught up with me.

We got into this huge fight and I drove a spike through his head but he kept coming. He swept my legs and I landed on my back. The super zombie jumped on top and began to bite but I thwarted the attack with my forearm in his throat area. I was able to reverse the position and I got to his back where I put him into a sleeper hold. It of course did not work but found his weakness when I removed his head from his body.

I then left the house and saw another building in the distance with lights on. I ran to it with another super zombie hot on my heels. I ran through the backyard and opened the sliding glass door. Inside the decor was very nice and felt very homey. I tried closing the glass door but the super zombie caught up and to my horror a few more were piling into the backyard.

I managed to finally close the sliding glass door and I ran into the adjacent room. There I saw a small toddler, no older then 2 years old. He was playing with his toys. There was a TV on with some cartoon and I could smell food cooking. Then the sliding glass door broken into a billion pieces and 6 super zombies came crashing in.

The child looked up at me and smiled. A super zombie jumped into the doorway. He looked at the boy and then at me. He grinned and came at me crossing over the kids play area. I stood ready to fight when he disappeared and another toy popped up on the ground. The kid giggled. More super zombies poured in and every one of them ended up as toys.

The End.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Last night I had the strangest dream.

I sailed away to China.

In a little row boat to find ya.

But you said you had to get your laundry cleaned????

:confused:

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

You didn't want no one to hold you??

What does that MEAN???

And you said

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLE_emfAd74

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

I dreamed about you OP ;)

NoodleBox
Jul 11, 2009
I had dream that I played half-life 2

So I woke up and played half-life 2

Talis est vita

Mr. Bonky
Jan 28, 2001
Couple days ago, I dreamt that I met God itself. I was drunk the night before, not sure if that's relevant.

Ryen Deckard
Jun 28, 2008

My blood is red, white, and blue.
I had a dream lil b released a song with a cat.

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

I can wet the bed in the shape of Abraham Lincoln
I dreamed that Louis C.K. was trying to save some Golden Retriever puppies from drowning in a whirlpool.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
A giant lizard carried a small child onto the roof of his burning house and roasted the kid alive while his parents watched in horror.

Then I woke up 2 seconds before my alarm, why does that happen??????

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Nobility is sadly overrated.
I keep having this recurring nightmare where James Woods sits at the end of my bed, in the dark, and reads me The Very Hungry Caterpiller over and over and over.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Every sleep is a dreamless void :emo:

live free or dont
Apr 13, 2012
I was lying up in my bed, in the darkness and saw hundreds of green, slimy mutant like creatures with no eyes running from something in my hallway, right past the door and one of them stopped in the doorway and stared at me from the darkness. He had no eyes, only a bald, green veiny head with a huge mouth. HE screamed at me with this machine-like noise and seemed angry for some reason.

Then they started warping through the walls and crawling on my roof and screaming at me, so I woke up.

The next night I dreamt that I owned a vintage clothing store with actually no clothes on sale. Then some russian old people came in my store, went into the backroom and stole a keyboard from my closet so I fought them and drove them into the backyard. They seemed really reluctant to go through the back and apparently they died outside.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
A spiral staircase, the bottom of which has no lights and then a pair of menacing eyes lights up in the dark and oh god it's coming for me.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I dreamed that a real life friend of mine and I broke into a pharmaceutical company's treatment complex in order to rescue a friend of ours. We knew that the company would take in people who needed treatment, and then experiment on them Umbrella style.

The two of us got in, and found patient's clothing so we could blend in with the large crowd of patients. The way it seemed to work was that the patients were allowed to walk around wherever they pleased in the facility. There were washrooms, cafeterias, plenty of tables and benches, and some rooms set aside for sleeping. When it was time for one of your treatments, you would report to that particular room and have it done. Of course despite having free reign inside the facility, no one was allowed to leave.

My friend and I split up into the two different sections of the facility. At some point I managed to steal the cell phone off of a big-shot doctor who was clearly in with the nasty side of what was going on, but before I could go through it for information, I got to talking with another patient. She was talking about how her treatment involved the removal of her spleen, and how she was identified by her lack of a spleen as part of that particular treatment program. Apparently there are scanners around a certain part of the facility, and if it detects you have a spleen, it keeps you out.

I don't remember exactly what happened between that and the next part, but the next thing I remember is being in a washroom with a set of futuristic automated surgery tools, having my spleen removed without anesthesia. It hurt like a crazy motherfucker, but it was the last second, when it finally came out and flopped on the floor, when I completely lost it and vomited everywhere (fortunately not in real life, only in the dream).

I managed to ditch the tools and the spleen, but had a bit of a harder time blending in since I looked and felt like a train ran through me. I entered a large common room, determined to find a more private place to go through and ditch the stolen cellphone. As I walked around, there were a few single bathrooms (just a small room with a toilet and sink, rather than the stall kind of bathrooms) around, but every one of them was occupied. Around this time I remember hearing a soft pulsing noise that was starting to get louder.

There were no lineups for any of the bathrooms, but every time someone got out, someone else would immediately run out of the crowd and into the bathroom, as if they were trying to make sure there was no vacancy for me to slip into it. The pulsing noise started getting louder, and I began getting paranoid that the guards were on to me. I started thinking they might be able to track the phone, but there was no way I could ditch it without seeing what was on it, it might have the location of my friend.

The pulsing kept getting louder and louder, and I felt like the walls were closing in around me. I could see a pair of guards working their way through the crowds, and every time I got close to a bathroom I could lock myself in, someone jumped inside and locked the door.

Suddenly, the pulsing completely stopped, and I turned around to find the two guards had reached me, and were scanning me. I stood perfectly still as they both stared at the scanner. Finally, one mumbled "no spleen" and the two of them walked away.

At that point my alarm went off and woke me up, so I don't know if I ever found my friend. :smith: The food there was poo poo though, so I'm glad to be out.

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.
I dreamt a dream which I've been having on and off for about 20yrs.

I'm in the ocean and floating bodiless through it. Suddenly I'm swimming through thinly sliced cut-sections of dozens of different sea creatures - whales, dolphins, fish, turtles, sharks, penguins, seals etc. They're not real - more like projections.

There's a sense of time passing. Massive epic time..

Just as I pass through the final cut-section I'm walking out of the sea and onto a pristine beach.

Then suddenly I'm stuck in some sort of basement/garage. There's barely any light and I feel hunted. suddenly I'm terrified and running away from a shiny white rat the size of a dog. I can never quite see it though and it always feels like it is behind me and I'm absolutely terrified.

I nearly always wake up at that point.

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
I work for a very large EFL company in Taiwan and last night I dreamed that overnight the company grew 300% and suddenly I was teaching outdoor 20-minute English classes with 200+ Taiwanese 6-year-olds per class. About 15 of these classes per day. It was very stressful. A lot of my dreams are stressful.

Bat Ham
Apr 22, 2008

Bat Nan
I had the power to control the speed of time with my car's accelerator and brake. I got bored of it pretty quickly.

snorch
Jul 27, 2009
I can't really remember lots of the details, but it went something like this:

I'm part of a small team dispatched from the starship Enterprise to investigate a ghost ship that has been drifting through space. Once we are aboard the abandoned ship, we realize that the ship's computer has gone haywire and the AI is trying to kill us. This may or may not have been an actual Star Trek episode, I can't remember.

Anyways, I get back on the Enterprise and realize that all my ex-girlfriends are on board and want to sex me up.

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

A spiral staircase, the bottom of which has no lights and then a pair of menacing eyes lights up in the dark and oh god it's coming for me.

My grandparents' house is huge and dark and has a big spiral staircase down to the basement floors (there are two of them) that invokes precisely this fear. It's worst when you're there alone.

snorch fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Nov 20, 2012

almightyerin
Apr 16, 2007

The one the only. Accept no substitutes.
I don't recall what I dreamed last night but I'd sure love to know what my husband was dreaming about. He started yelling "nuh uh" at the top of his lungs, got up and rooted through his dresser, staggered out of the room, then pissed all over the bathroom floor and sides of the toilet. All the while yelling "nuh uh". I got up this morning and found drawers open all over the house.

(it goes without saying that I made him clean up the bathroom)

canned_fruit
Feb 4, 2008

Bat Ham posted:

I had the power to control the speed of time with my car's accelerator and brake. I got bored of it pretty quickly.

You literally do, just not by much.

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
I keep having this recurring dream where I'm on a massive old-time zeppelin, and Betelgeuse was on it telling me something but I can never remember what it is.

Otterspace
Jul 13, 2006

This is not a good idea.
I dreamt I was at my friend's old house and we decided to go find my old bb gun to shoot some targets. Then we had the great idea to look for old bbs on the floor of his basement. I knew I used copper ones years and years ago, but evey time I thought I found one, it turned out to be a tiny glass bead. I never found any bbs, or my bb gun for that matter. Later on I tried to walk down to my old house and was suddenly in the middle of a group of people all dressed in yellow clothing going door to door asking for donations, sort of like a yellow version of breast cancer awareness. Even though they had good intentions I was annoyed they were making it difficult to get home and vowed not to donate.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
I thumb-wrestled a genetically engineered chimpanzee- and let him win because he was pretty cool and wanted to win but wasn't aggressive. In the dream I was aware of the fact that a chimpanzee could easily bite your thumb off (and win by cheating) so I was concerned but as I grasped his hand and we did the one-two-three precursor to a traditional thumb wrestling match with the thumbs back and forth before the match begins I was comforted by the gentleness he displayed, so I let the little guy win.

He patted me on the shoulder and smiled at me when he won. Chimpanzees don't gloat when they win!

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Ceelo showed up at a park bbq with a bunch of fish and I was like, "why fish?"

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

I don't remember most of it but at some point there was some sort of auction for a coat that had been worn by a high ranking member of the Koumintang. It looked more like a cape or a judge's robes than an actual coat though.

FateFree
Nov 14, 2003

WastedJoker posted:

I dreamt a dream which I've been having on and off for about 20yrs.

I'm in the ocean and floating bodiless through it. Suddenly I'm swimming through thinly sliced cut-sections of dozens of different sea creatures - whales, dolphins, fish, turtles, sharks, penguins, seals etc. They're not real - more like projections.

There's a sense of time passing. Massive epic time..

Just as I pass through the final cut-section I'm walking out of the sea and onto a pristine beach.

Then suddenly I'm stuck in some sort of basement/garage. There's barely any light and I feel hunted. suddenly I'm terrified and running away from a shiny white rat the size of a dog. I can never quite see it though and it always feels like it is behind me and I'm absolutely terrified.

I nearly always wake up at that point.

If you or anyone else has recurring dreams or nightmares you can easily turn them into lucid dreams with a little training. Just need to rehearse what you will do next time when you see the sea creatures, namely do a reality check and then you can control it.

If I were you I would definitely face that rat when I became lucid and asked it what it was representing.

FateFree fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Nov 20, 2012

BattleCake
Mar 12, 2012

Started dreaming, and then realized I was dreaming so it ended up being a lucid dream (it also felt like I was in that sort of not-quite-asleep state you get when having night terrors, is this normal?). For some reason I was really horny last night so I ended up exploiting this dream to act a number of sexual fantasies to the point where I could feel the pain of my hour long real life erection in my sleep. Then something happened that made me feel very uncomfortable (don't remember this part), at which point I forced myself awake, felt much better, and then promptly fell into a dreamless sleep.

Yeah.

FateFree
Nov 14, 2003

I've been categorizing recurring themes in my dreams over the last month or so. It seems I like to dream about the shore, video games, and the apocalypse.

http://tracktacular.com/user-fatefree/tracker-dream/dreamsigns/video-games/page-1

Last night I had a dream that I was playing a crane arcade machine but the quarters I put in kept coming back out of the coin release. I kept recycling the money and playing over and over while little kids behind me started to cry that I was breaking it.

FateFree fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Nov 22, 2012

Nephielle
Mar 25, 2005

by XyloJW
I dreamed a dream about a friend who passed away. We were talking and stuff. ._.

IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos
Ok, I'll play.

Last night didn't amount to much. I realised I was dreaming in the dream (as an unemployed person, experience has taught me that this happens after the 7-hour mark) which leads, as always, into an unstable lucid dream, where I know I'm dreaming but have learned that altering things even slightly will cause me to wake up. So I tried to alter things and woke up, because I'm an idiot. Power tools two houses away and curtains really bad at stopping light didn't help. Stupid IRL interferences.

Two nights ago was better. Ok, I was on my usual quest, seeing as all of my meaningful dreams have me searching for something only I don't know what. Something to make my life worthwhile and reconcile what I once was and what I am now is the best guess. Anyway, I could fly (but takes a lot of effort), but my firearms and rapier sword were useless, all the usual junk. Running around a beautiful landscape built from fragments of memory meshed with computer game scenes, I eventually found a device I was searching for. It was an alien machine capable of reading the Elder Scrolls, which was momentarily weird then I remembered I already had 3 scrolls thanks Dawnguard DLC I had played recently (all these things are from that Skyrim game). Look, computer games, when they actually manage to mesh with my dreams, they mesh really well. I'm still running scenes from World of Warcraft though I haven't played that in over a year. So this device gave me 2 more scrolls, but I intuitively know I need 6 in total.

So, maybe I'll dream of a 6th scroll soon? All I know is, last I left off with that particular narrative, I was employed as a stable boy to some aristocrat who's daughter was in love with me. No idea how I got to that point. Still at least it's better than escaping from a nuclear reactor meltdown only to have guards telling me I can't leave the area.

Master Exploder
Aug 9, 2007

Awww yeah...
Last night, I had a dream I was shooting the Bushmaster ACR. Did it before in real life, but this time the receiver wasn't blowing hot gas in my face.

The night before, I dreamed I was dancing in someone's front yard with Jerry and George from Seinfeld.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Two nights ago I dreamt I was on a city bus, when someone outside tried shooting someone else. The bullet flew through the bus window, ricocheted off a pole and went into my stomach. I touched my stomach and saw the blood and started crying, three black women behind me were freaking out. They pulled me outside and laid me on the grass where a girl I worked with came and sat with me until the ambulance came (we happened to stop right at the end of her street, which is a very steep hill). In the distance I could see this weird wooden plank house...it had a turret like part that looked like it was about to burst, but it was just weird architecture. I was crying and crying and actually thought "I wish [fiance] would hear me crying and wake up".

Then some army guys came and took me to an army hospital where they took the bullet out of my stomach while I was conscious, so I put it on a necklace. Then I had a bloodied bandage around my waist for the rest of the dream, basically the rest was just walking around and telling people I got shot and it hurt.

I have lot's of really strange, vivid dreams. I started keeping a dream journal because I can remember them so well right after I wake up and it's cool to read them later when I've forgotten details or about them entirely.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I dreamed that my mom stole my pants and my brother had been seriously wounded while on a mission abroad. He came back in a wheelchair while disguised as my dad. Generally a lovely kind of dream but not as traumatizing as most of them.

Chemtrail
Dec 29, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.
I only remember the dreams I have during the full moon. Because they are hosed up. And they all have similar plot of someone trying to kill me and eventually succeeding at it.

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

We can rule them like gods! ...Angry gods.
I haven't worked retail over a year now (and I really haven't had a dream that I've remembered for a long time, so it's odd that you posted this), but last night I was dreaming that I was working retail again over the holidays and it was stupid loving busy and terrible and there were so many people and it was dark and late and they wouldn't leave and it was snowing and the roads were getting bad but we still had to be here for hours and clean up after all the rear end in a top hat customers and the boss was a huge prick and and and :gonk:

IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos

Toriori posted:

Two nights ago I dreamt I was on a city bus, when someone outside tried shooting someone else. The bullet flew through the bus window, ricocheted off a pole and went into my stomach. I touched my stomach and saw the blood and started crying, three black women behind me were freaking out. They pulled me outside and laid me on the grass where a girl I worked with came and sat with me until the ambulance came (we happened to stop right at the end of her street, which is a very steep hill). In the distance I could see this weird wooden plank house...it had a turret like part that looked like it was about to burst, but it was just weird architecture. I was crying and crying and actually thought "I wish [fiance] would hear me crying and wake up".

Then some army guys came and took me to an army hospital where they took the bullet out of my stomach while I was conscious, so I put it on a necklace. Then I had a bloodied bandage around my waist for the rest of the dream, basically the rest was just walking around and telling people I got shot and it hurt.

I have lot's of really strange, vivid dreams. I started keeping a dream journal because I can remember them so well right after I wake up and it's cool to read them later when I've forgotten details or about them entirely.

Yeah, getting dream-shot sucks. Not as bad as being drowned though. It's horrific. Word of warning: do NOT drown in dreams. It's actually physically painful. The only way I avoided it hundreds of times was by remembering I could breathe water. Not enough times unfortunately. Additionally, the sheer momentum of 30 metre dream waves is not to be trifled with. They drag you out into deep water when they recede. You see a beach - watch that surf, and be ready to run!

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010
I get the standard dreams about being able to levitate and fly around, but it just seems to piss everyone else off while I'm zooming around having a blast.

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

I have continuity in my dreams, they all take place in the same general area that I could map out and honestly not always sure where one night left off and another begins. So I'm probably lumping a few nights together here.

They're all really vivid too. I used to have tons of messed up nightmares as a kid and a bunch of seizures. I get sleep paralysis a few times a week and, kind of a contradiction I would sleep walk a ton as a kid.

Last night I dreamed I was in this cemetery that first showed up when I was in my late teens. It's divided up in a few areas. First theres the old part that's like a big swamp, there are no people there but rotting bodies just tossed around, hanging from trees and poo poo. All the gravestones are beat to hell and it smells like strong fruit.

This part of the cemetery is actually like a real place (just swampier and with more rotting bodies.) There's an old cemetery on Mackinaw Island, MI. It's hard to get to because the islands a big hill and it's at the top. Worth visiting in a morbid way, my mom and a friend of hers took me there when I was 11. The friend told me they have a casket race or something because one year it rained a ton and some girls casket popped out the side of the hill and slid down.

Probably bullshit but it creeped me out as a kid.

After that is a not so old section. Think mid 19th century cemetery. It's massive but all plain white wooden crosses. There's a church in the middle that look's like the church my mom got married in (I was maybe 7 at the time.) The real life church is also in a big field, just without graves.

Then there's the new part of the cemetery. This is full of tons of people and there's a pharmacy outside it. The cemetery itself is lowered into the ground about 10 feet with walls on 3 sides and a big hill with a massive church/dungeon on top on the fourth side. The graves themselves are massive, tons of statues and tombs and it's all cluttered like one of those Japanese cemeteries. There's also a bunch of streams running through the tombs.

I always fall in the streams and get covered in rotting bodies.

There's also a big white house in the middle. I started last night in the house on the second floor. Theres a big window and outside the window about a quarter mile away is a big hill with a few giant stones sitting in front of it. I slipped in the house and got pulled through the window then shot out to the big stones.

When I got to the hill it became an island with a path curling around and up. The water started rising and so I started running, then I see all these people wearing green climbing up the side of the hill and digging holes. I thought "why do they live here this is a cemetery they should only be here when they die. "

I made it to the top of the path, but there was another path going straight up another hill, it was very very steep and I had to grab the sides and shimmy up to climb it. But I got halfway up and I thought I was going to fall.

A few of my old friends show up below me and tell my to keep climbing. I make it to the top and theres a small grave in the middle.

I start crying then I'm in a friends truck. I tell him "I just remembered it's friday, so we can go out drinking."

Woke up and it was Tuesday.

Edit: oh yeah and the night before I dreamt that I did 9/11, and I was thinking "gently caress, I'm in a lot of trouble.

BrainDance fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Nov 20, 2012

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

A dream thread where the OP starts with with a dumb I-played-video-games-before-sleeping dream :downsgun:

I dreamed I woke up in my house, went to the freezer in the kitchen and took out a balloon dog (made from those long balloons) that was made of ice instead of balloons. I carried it in my arms to my bed where I sat down, hugged it and put it on the floor. This is when the dog turned its head around, 'looked' at me and jumped to my throat. I woke myself up with my own scream still feeling the freezing teeth on my neck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
I was walking down some fenced in railroad tracks with my fiance and a black guy with a stub barreled revolver told me he wanted my lovely trac phone. I gave it to him, then inexplicably followed him, I guess to get my phone back or something. Then Omar and some other random person showed up, and threatened him until he gave me back my phone. Then I turned back around and was back in my home town. I forget the rest.

It was a very odd dream. I haven't even watched the Wire in over a year.

Obligatory "I am not racist, I know a black person" statement.

Really though, the part that bothers me the most about the dream is that when he threatened to kill my fiance if I didn't give him the phone, I actually started arguing with him after I tossed him the phone that it was only worth about a dollar and lectured him about how he needs to hit higher value targets. That and I think that I was legit afraid that my fiance was going to literally murder me for losing my phone.

• Locked thread