Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
I didn't remember most of it, except for how it ended. It claimed to be a sports bar, but really just looked like a long well lit hallway. There was a bald man in a dark suit sitting facing away from me at the end of it. He looked like he was talking with someone, but I never saw who. Suddenly, I heard gunshots. and the man slumped over a little. I could see three bullet holes in the back of his suit. I just knew that the man was dead. A monkey jumped out from somewhere above him. It was holding a banana as if it were a gun. The bald man turned and looked at the monkey. To my amazement, it was Agent 47 from the Hitman series. He just started laughing, loudly, which is odd because I don't believe I've ever heard him laugh, and because he was dead. He was still laughing uncontrollably when he got onto a morgue cart that appeared from nowhere, and was just as magically whisked away. The monkey then walked over to a counter and grabbed and old phone off it. It looked kinda like this:

The monkey intertwined the banana into the phone cord, and let it hang there, satisfied with his work, he then grabbed the banana and smashed it through the phone, without damaging the banana at all. So now broken pieces of phone were just hanging off the counter, with a banana hanging in the middle of it. It was as if this were some hilarious calling card the monkey assassin leaves at the scene of his kills.

Then I woke up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
In contrast to my earlier horror movie dream, I had a dream last night where I had made friends with a talking blue jay and was looking for fun trees to climb. There wasn't anything else to it other than the blue jay kept making me laugh and the scenery was pretty.

Wet Bandits Copycat
Apr 18, 2004

I had a dream that I was living in the world of Valve's Half-Life series sometime after the games ended and earth started to return to normal-ish. I was working for a nature conservancy and I had the job of removing alien flora and fauna from the earth.

I basically ran around killing loving everything while spraying pesticides on alien plants.

It was a cool dream.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Reggie Fils-Aimes walked off stage at E3, and appeared in the doorway of my living room as if he'd walked through a teleporter behind the curtain, facepalmed like Picard, said "well, that was a trainwreck" and walked out my front door. Then I woke up.

Dire times for Nintendo.

Zvezda
Dec 12, 2009
I was on the London underground only it was more like an above ground rollercoaster made out of transparent tubes with totally vertical drops. Everyone thought it was normal but me.

All the passengers got off the train into a spooky underground chamber. There were yellow circles on the ground and we all had to stand in one. While everyone was looking for a yellow circle, zombies were released behind us. I didn't realise until one tried to grab me and we all ran like hell, pushing zombies to the ground and navigating this huge, crumbling chamber.

Then I think I woke up.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Apparently I talk a lot in my sleep. I've known this for years but every now and then I'm reminded of it. This morning my girlfriend and I woke up and she asked me what I was dreaming about. I'm usually really good with remembering dreams, but I could only remember bits and pieces of this one.

Vietnam! I was mowing down Charlie left and right. It was like the coolest parts of Apocalypse Now, Platoon and The Terminator all rolled into one! I remember thinking in my dream, "This war is pretty cool. I don't know what all the fuss is about :fsmug:" I stepped on a booby trap and a wooden spike went through my shoulder. I really felt the pain in my body, it was weird. I pulled out the spike and dove behind a fallen tree. Then I spent five minutes shooting shadows around the forest.

My girlfriend said in the middle of the night I was talking about needing to get helicopters to land.

Bloodfart McCoy fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Nov 24, 2012

Nic Cage dick cage
Jun 23, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Despite the fact I've never played the game and that I don't often remember my dreams, last night for the second time in a month I had a dream about Minecraft. I dreamt I was in a Minecraft house with Juliette Binoche who was wearing Ernest Hemingway slippers.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Apparently I talk a lot in my sleep. I've known this for years but every now and then I'm reminded of it. This morning my girlfriend and I woke up and she asked me what I was dreaming about. I'm usually really good with remembering dreams, but I could only remember bits and pieces of this one.

Vietnam! I was mowing down Charlie left and right. It was like the coolest parts of Apocalypse Now, Platoon and The Terminator all rolled into one! I remember thinking in my dream, "This war is pretty cool. I don't know what all the fuss is about :fsmug:" I stepped on a booby trap and a wooden spike went through my shoulder. I really felt the pain in my body, it was weird. I pulled out the spike and dove behind a fallen tree. Then I spent five minutes shooting shadows around the forest.

My girlfriend said in the middle of the night I was talking about needing to get helicopters to land.

You need to post here more often.

Last night I dreamt I was having an interview with Will Ferrell in an airport terminal. I bombed it.

The interview, not the terminal.

Dengue_Fever
Sep 21, 2011

I dreamt I was in some building that a plane crashed into. As the plane crashed into the building I saw luggage about to fall on my head and grabbed a glofclub to swat them out of the way, saving my own life.

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.
I dreamt that it was Dec. 5th and my rent was a few days late and then I woke up in a cold sweat before resolving the dream-issue. My Spirit Teacher says this dream means: "You need to set up that goddamn automatic payment ITS SO GODDAMN EASY YOU IDIOT" and I think he's right.

Plastic Scouser
Aug 16, 2006

"You just..say these things."
Had a great dream involving an infected zombie/vampire guy with an infected cat familiar who was after Kenny Dalglish. Luckily when he got to him I was there with super strength and super breath, blew the zombie mans infectious breath back at him then took a grip inside his mouth and broke open his head. I left him on the street as a warning. I woke up feeling very guilty though, I can't help feeling like I set up Kenny to be captured and only jumped in to save him when I realised I was superhuman. I could still feel his teeth imprints in my hands from breaking his head open.

DrMelon
Oct 9, 2010

You can find me in the produce aisle of the hospital.
I think one of my worst dreams was the one where it started raining rocks - tiny sand-like pebbles at first, but building up into football-sized stones crashing through the air. I vividly remember experiencing pain and the weight of the stones through that dream - and the sensation of feeling my ribs implode and my bones crumble. It ended when one hit me in the neck and I tasted blood. :gonk:

It was the most singularly awful nightmare I've ever had.

Grei Skuring
Sep 12, 2011

:norway::thumbsup:
I was hanging around a gas station late at night, observing a very strange situation. Tommy Wiseau, director of The Room, had pulled up on a gigantic oversized ATV, toting a pretty big shotgun. He was surrounded by lots of typical rednecks and for some reason, a fat Adam Sandler. Tommy threw me the shotgun and I caught it perfectly. Pumping it was extremely difficult, but I managed to blast Fat Adam Sandler and a bunch of rednecks for no particular reason.

In the next dream, I was considering dressing up as Austin Powers. I (naturally) thought it would be pretty stupid, so I didn't.

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Went looking for apartments. Flipped open the catalogue and saw a whole lot of pokemon shaped apartments going for 800 a month or so. Then cycled over to a huge mansion and saw a room on a highish floor that overlooked the entire city of Columbia. Guy informed me that people like to honk on their way to football games so I shouldn't expect much sleep on Saturday morning.

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012
You know, I'd be less worried about my 16 year old daughter dating a successful 40 year old cartoonist than dating a 16 year old loser.

I mean, Jesus, kid, at least date a motherfucker with abortion money and house to have sex at where your mother and I don't have to hear it. Also, if he treats her poorly, boom, that asshole's gonna catch a statch charge.

Please, John K. Date my daughter... Save her from dating smelly dropouts who wanna-be Soundcloud rappers.
I was working at a gas station next to a college.

Me and my coworker were getting hosed up on Xanax. A drunk girl asked for two packs of cigarettes. I put them on the counter and asked for ID. She showed her ID and then grabbed them and started walking out without paying. I yelled at her to stop, that she didn't pay, but she just kept walking. So I hopped over the counter, and she started to run. I chased her out the door to her car. She was turning her key in the ignition, so I open and sat down in the passenger seat. She got out and started running again, but I grabbed her and began dragging her back into the store.

When I got back into the store, she was screaming bloody murder. Screaming "rape," screaming "help." I was just trying to catch a shop-lifter.

My boss told me to let her go. I did and she spat at me and called the police. My boss informed me that it had been illegal to detain a shoplifter against their will...

The rest of my dream was trying to avoid the police.

Thulsa Doom
Jun 20, 2011

Ezekiel 23:20

God Of Paradise posted:

I was working at a gas station next to a college.

Me and my coworker were getting hosed up on Xanax. A drunk girl asked for two packs of cigarettes. I put them on the counter and asked for ID. She showed her ID and then grabbed them and started walking out without paying. I yelled at her to stop, that she didn't pay, but she just kept walking. So I hopped over the counter, and she started to run. I chased her out the door to her car. She was turning her key in the ignition, so I open and sat down in the passenger seat. She got out and started running again, but I grabbed her and began dragging her back into the store.

When I got back into the store, she was screaming bloody murder. Screaming "rape," screaming "help." I was just trying to catch a shop-lifter.

My boss told me to let her go. I did and she spat at me and called the police. My boss informed me that it had been illegal to detain a shoplifter against their will...

The rest of my dream was trying to avoid the police.

This reminds me of a dream I had once. I was being chased through a Minority Report-esque futuristic city. Lots of parkour, jumping from one stairwell to another, that sort of thing. I knew I had to go into one particular building. When I finally made it to the top floor, there was nothing but this really trippy water... thing that I can't describe because it only makes sense in dream logic. A path through a pond with no edges, basically, just hanging in space like something out of a painting.

Robert DeNiro was there, and had an big thing on a table under a cloth. He told me he was Stephen Strange and it was the hammer of Thor.

I remember being really upset because there will never be a movie where Robert DeNiro plays Dr. Strange.

Lhet
Apr 2, 2008

bloop

I infiltrated a building at Microsoft by climbing down a vent. I then proceeded to start working there as a sound/UI/graphic designer. I was trying to do well while hiding the fact that I was never actually hired.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

You need to post here more often.

Last night I dreamt I was having an interview with Will Ferrell in an airport terminal. I bombed it.

The interview, not the terminal.

On the same note, I once had a dream that I had to interview Bill O'Reilly in a bar. I kept trying to tell him what a douche I thought he was, but the other people in the bar kept talking over me and asking him questions. I couldn't get a word in. All of a sudden Glenn Beck walks in the bar and Bill and I start throwing punches at each other.

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

I have a hard time remembering exactly what happened in my dreams last night, because I dream every single time I sleep. Usually something that happens the next day will jog my memory of it and I'll get major deja vu. I'm seriously jealous of everyone who says they don't dream, wonder what that's like.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
Okay so I had a really cool dream:

I was an invisible presence in a weird retro science fiction-y TV studio where an insane TV host had an artificial studio audience composed of 'living television people' with scan lines and pixels all over their bodies like they were made of TV stuff.

The host, who looked like a bespectacled mad scientist, was running a mad combination sitcom and game show on separate sound stages in the same huge studio space - running between them and playing charismatic MC to the audience.

On each of the sets, ordinary people (I presumed they were all kidnapped for this) were competing for their lives/souls or something - by trying to get the most ratings and approval from these artificial audience members.

They were in various inane sitcoms where they were forced to read out terribly terse and cliched lines. They were also in equally inane game trivia prize shows where they were forced to answer questions correctly or incorrectly according to a script - meaning if they were meant to lose, they had to lose or the audience would hate them. (There was also something here involving a Price-is-right-style roulette whell constructed out of dead fish inside microwave ovens...I don't know either.)

If a person forced into this "game" of trying to win "ratings" lost audience approval, their bodies would begin to turn black-and-white and then they would be sucked into a VHS casette that the host would put into a VHS monitor on a large wall of monitors, each with the faces of people trapped inside VHS tapes - all of them struggling to break free from the inside of horrible sitcoms, bad reality shows, bad games shows, and similarly lovely programming.

A teenaged kid got on this show and was very belligerent of the host though - he was deliberately going outside the lines of the script forced on him and trashing the sets. For some reason the host was unable to trap him, because the artificial audience liked him so much. Eventually the kid smashed the monitors and the MC's former victims flooded out and strapped the MC to a running-man style chair sled and fired him inside a VHS tape of an after school special about kids avoiding sex predators, with him cast as the pedophile who gets perpetually hunted down by cops and humiliated for all time.

The dream ended with the kid blowing the walls off the studio and the fake audience evaporating in the light, as the formerly trapped people were able to leave free.

It was a dream that played out like a semi coherent story and had me rather entertained. The kid hero in it was a little badass too, and reminded me of sarcastic teen heroes from 80's movies.

Edit: I think my dream was partly fueled by this, because the MC looked like the psychologist/MC-Host in this movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqksSN6K_V0

Spacedad fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Nov 25, 2012

Crunk Abortion
Mar 5, 2009

Young based lord and I look like JESUS
Short and sweet: I dreamt that Geezer Butler fell ill and that newly unemployed Mike Mills was tapped to fill in for him while he recovered. Mike then wasted no time loving up all of Sabbath's songs with his back up vocals.

picosecond
Dec 9, 2006

one millionth of one millionth of a second
I was diagnosed with a brain lesion. Surgery would cost way more than I had to repair, so I decided to fix it myself. First I made a small brain out of cookie dough, then I connected a keyboard, monitor and Ethernet cable to it. I saved all the info I could find online about my condition and brain surgery into the cookie dough brain, then popped open the top of my head (it was on a hinge) to pull out my own brain. I placed it in one of those plastic things you get sandwiches from a deli in then plopped in the cookie dough brain. Suddenly I couldn't talk because I hadn't loaded it with instructions on how. :doh:

I saw the lesion, cut it out and placed one of those tiny band-aids on it -- the ones that girls put on their legs when they cut themselves shaving. Satisfied with the outcome, I closed the plastic and left my brain there while I went to a friends' house to help him build a new porch. When I got back I realized that leaving my brain out in the open air like that for a few hours wasn't a good idea. Sure enough, it was all mushy and falling apart when I got back - like a soggy block of ramen noodles. I tried to put my brain back together, cell by wrinkly cell, but it didn't work. I sat there at my kitchen counter feeling bitter that my good brain was done and I was stuck with this cookie dough brain that couldn't talk and didn't know anything except building porches and performing brain surgery. :smith:

picosecond fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Nov 25, 2012

Epicenter
Dec 17, 2003

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I've had a great deal of strangely vivid dreams lately, that I attribute to having moved so many times in a short period while making the transition from homeless to my new apartment. I'm often not sure where I'm waking up. :) So, I've had some pretty wacky dreams, lately. Usually they're one of the following, and typically just last an hour or so (Real time), so I might get one or two dreams I can remember a night.

Then, there are little "too realistic" dream fragments that are close to day-to-day life that I get them mixed up with my actual memories. Does this happen to anyone else?

Anyway! These are going to start from the rational ones and go into the ones that I can't begin to explain.

Repeat Dream: I have to or want to visit someone. They live up in a high-rise apartment. I don't much like heights. I don't mind flying too much, but I was a little apprehensive about it at first. Actually, in some dreams, it's 600+ floors up, which is outright nonsense. I'm not afraid of heights awake, just in dreams. It's not a fear of height, it's a fear of the structure I'm on collapsing. Or the elevator falling. It doesn't help that I just watched "Speed" again recently. I always liked that movie. drat you Dennis Hopper (RIP).

2 Weeks Ago: I drempt that I was in Japan, but on a strange water based ride similar to those at Lake Lanier Islands in Georgia. They were in the dream, though, supposed to be a traditional Japanese water sport. The dream turned them into an odd water-based roller coaster. I hate roller coasters. I got on one recently, and I can't believe I had the balls to do it. The odd thing is that part of the tradition was that, mid-ride, some sort of little walruses would come jumping out of the water. It was supposed to be cute, apparently. Then on the climb back up to the final hill of the coaster, there was a huge torrent of old video game consoles and games. Probably stuff I got there originally and had to sell later.

Also, you're supposed to get your shoes washed away and just pick them up later, as though you are going to tell them apart from six trillion other scattered shoes on the beach?! Beaches suck, anyway. How stupid.

Most memorable and bizarro dream. I had to give my sister a C-Section. But she wasn't giving birth, I guess. I just had to kind of um, use, an Internet-based camera-chat interface to learn how to cut into my own sister and install lights to light her abdomen as a festive jack-o-lantern. Oh god what the hell was going on in my head (aaaaaaaaaaaaaa.)

can anyone spare an ice pick and some clorox :aaa:

Epicenter fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Nov 25, 2012

Mach5
Aug 1, 2004

Shatfaced!
I keep having this dream where I'm standing in sort of Sun-god robes on a pyramid and a thousand naked women are screaming and throwing little pickles at me.

ImDifferent
Sep 20, 2001
I don't often remember my dreams, but last night I dreamed that I had four uncooperative guinea-pigs to wash.

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

The ghost of a god is no man.
I have at least one pretty weird dream per week. This year I started writing some of them down again. Generic disclaimer that most are really boring to anyone who's not me, and I write them down while half-asleep so some stuff doesn't make sense. And I don't know why ponies keep working their way in there; I don't even watch the show.

http://pastebin.com/FzaZst78

DavidAlltheTime
Feb 14, 2008

All David...all the TIME!
I'm glad this thread is here. I had a terrible dream the other night and I haven't told my wife because it'll freak her out but I need to get it out of me.

We're walking in a bad neighbourhood with lots of people just hanging out on the sidewalk looking menacing, and we need to get something from a store and mail a letter. When we turn to go into the store this guy confronts us and asks for my money, not begging, but mugging, and I tell him no, and he pulls this really weird tiny switchblade on me, like the blade was the size and shape of a thumbnail. It made it worse that it was so small, and dirty looking. It's hazy here, but I think I stabbed him with his own knife.

But here's the horrible part: we decide to not go to the store, but let's just mail the letter and get out of here, so we start to cross the street to the mailbox, and this red sportscar drives past really close to us. We keep crossing towards the mailbox and the red car takes a left and goes into the parking lot that's on the other side of an aluminum fence from the sidewalk and the mailbox. The parking lot is empty and the car heads towards us. I think "It's weird he's choosing to park right by the mailbox... oh well", and he speeds up and crashes right through the fence and mailbox and loving crushes my wife. and I lose it and try to lift the car off her and I somehow can but her legs are crushed and shes missing a hand, which I find but I can't bring myself to touch it and it's got bright green radiator fluid on it and so she picks it up with her other hand.

The dead lifeless hand of my wife will haunt me for ever. gently caress.

Hogo Fogo
May 10, 2010

I had a great dream today:
I drew a picture and was complimented on it by Adolf Hitler.

Felt good.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.
This was actually two nights ago, but I didn't have internet access.

I was in a huge classroom, considerably wider than it was deep. The room was lit with a sickly yellowish-green light, and only at the front where the chalkboards were. The back of the classroom was a wall with windows all the way across, but there was nothing to see out of them but thick fog. The desks were not completely full with students, but close. The room seemed very "dizzy" to me, and I knew if I walked I would stumble. There was a teacher, an old man with a ratty robe, but he just seemed to lurch quietly back and forth. I sat in the dark and silence for what seems like hours. Then the teacher approached a female student, and slowly started trying to lick her thigh. Without being told, I knew, "the growth" was back. A couple students and I walked up to him in a slow, detached way. They held him down on the ground, on his stomach. I lifted his robe, and revealed his back. It was absolutely covered in small, thick, vaguely star-shaped scars, like many things had been dug out of his skin. Near his shoulder blade, I saw a purple, bulging, throbbing growth. I knew it was THE growth, and that it had come many times before, and it would return many times in the future. It was about the size of a marble. I took a knife from my pocket and cut it away. The teacher did not squirm or move at all. The female student watched dispassionately, and I distinctly remember looking up to see saliva smeared on her bare thigh, below the hem of her shorts. We let the teacher back up, and his eyes were very cold. He returned to the front of the room.
At this point I sat back down, and stared straight ahead. The students around me began to slowly change, but only in my peripheral vision. Their eyes became much smaller and darker, and the skin around them became black, fading to a bruise-colored green at the edges. Their mouths became sharp. They began making circles with their thumbs and forefingers, at which point the digits would begin fusing together. They would hunch in their chairs. And at some point during all of this, they would start giggling roughly. If I looked directly at them, they would revert to their normal selves, at once instantly and slowly. I did not feel any malice for or from these creatures, only that they wanted me to give myself over to the transformation and become one of them. I was profoundly apathetic, so I let it happen. As I started to giggle, I looked into the far, dusky-green corners of the classroom and saw huge furry shapes lumbering around glacially.

For some reason I snapped back into cognizance and pried my fingers apart. I stopped giggling. I opened my eyes all the way, and stood up straight. I knew that I had been in this classroom for years. Had never left it, in fact. Nor had I ever entered it. I turned around to look out the windows, and as I did so the fog cleared. The view was one looking down at a strange angle on a dead city. No lights shined or fires burned, and buildings everywhere were covered in ash and were crumbling into one another. The horizon was not parallel with the floor of the room, and I understood why the room was so "dizzy." The view slowly, steadily slid by, and I realized we were floating through the air. I could see the classroom from the outside, black and burned, and trailing a sinuous tail of floating debris.

I knew, at that point, that I was in Hell.

(I will never eat apple pie and whipped cream at midnight again, I swear)

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Occasionally, I have a recurring dream where I'm in a car, in the driver's seat, and it's rolling uncontrollably downhill. Typically in reverse.
I try to use the brake, but it barely works, and the e-brake never exists.

The really annoying thing about it, is that I've only driven once in my entire life.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
Normally I don't dream, or at least don't remember my dreams, but last night was a weird one.

I dreamed that the website I've been working on launched and there was a big party for it with lots of people. It was in a big garden and there were lots of people there, including lots of beautiful women.

I remember constantly being called away from three women I was talking to, one of which I found myself quite attracted to, and then at one point when being called away I tapped one of the others on the shoulder - a sort of "be right back" tap - while looking the one I liked in the eyes. Amusingly this is something I would probably do in real life. Mr. Smooth, that's me. :downs:

Anyway, I finally get back to chatting up this one girl when from across the garden I see another girl in a black dress with bright green hair. She also had a very vivid tattoo all the way around her left arm. She looked kind of like the girl who played Ramona Flowers in the Scott Pilgrim movie. I remember her sitting down and trying to get my attention and then giving this sort of "Well, what are you waiting for?" eyebrow waggle.

And then my cat jumped on my head, woke me up and I couldn't get back to my dream with the pretty girl. :saddowns:

gobbledygoat
Jun 4, 2011

Ask me about
Steaming Early-onset Accessperger's

Free Logical Fallacies only in 2014!
Do not listen to a thing I say.
I dream almost every night since going on medication, here's one that stuck with me (as much as these do I suppose):

I was with a group of 5 friends and one girl who I don't know IRL but was a friend aswell, we were being persecuted and chased down for having sort of weird lovely super powers. Except no one loving used their powers at all and I had no idea what their powers were, mine was fairly obvious in that I had a loving skull for a head, and it was filled with bugs. Writhing and squirming they fell everywhere I went and I had a hard time seeing because they were always crawling out of my eye sockets and getting in the way. So anyways we were getting chased by some mysterious government agency and had to camp out in the woods, we hung out on a nearby beach for a while and drank beer and overall had a chill time. But come nighttime no one else wanted to share a tent with me cause I had a goddamn bug filled skull and would get bugs all up in their poo poo, so I had to sleep alone. I'm afraid of the dark :smith:

Yeah they're normally filled with weird plot holes and often end with me getting the shaft somehow, depression is a strange beast.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
Had a recent dream that I was in line to become the next Pope. Which is pretty weird since I'm an atheist. I even acknowledged this in the dream. I tried explaining to the Cardinals that having an atheist as the head of the Catholic Church would be a bad idea, but they weren't having any of it. I was going to be the next Pope and that was that.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Last memorable dream I had I was in an Asylum. A really hosed up asylum where they had us do crazy poo poo. I kept explaining that I was dreaming and everyone in my dream kept telling me that I only thought that because I was crazy and that I should take my meds. They had me completely convinced that I was insane and that I wasn't really dreaming near the end when I finally woke up.

That Which Squeaks
Aug 28, 2006

"Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you."
-Bill Belichick
I don't remember my dreams often, and though I've taken melatonin before (which is supposed to give you very vivid dreams) I still didn't remember any dreams. However a few nights ago I took some to get some sleep staying in a hotel room and dreampt I was in a Buckingham Palace/White House hybrid. I was at a big dinner with a bunch of guests, including Obama and the Queen, the latter of whom I helped upstairs after dinner (she thought I was very funny). I then decided to explore and after a few boring rooms found a really small room full of cardboard boxes with stacked towers of old electronics in them. I was surprised, and was going to look around, but then realized in the middle of these boxes was a bed, where John McCain was lying down in a full suit, staring at me. I said "Sup John?" and closed the door. Next thing I knew I was with the mother/a daughter of a German family I knew when I was a kid, and we had dinner next to some Roman ruins. We were about to explore when I woke up.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
I've got a whopper here, and as I dreamed it, I kept getting the feeling that it was inspired by some 80's movie or something.

It's a two parter with two different things going on:

In the first dream, it was about a supposedly haunted house that my sister lived in on a hill. Strange poo poo happened like things moving on their own. My sister lived there with some dude, and they lived long enough to get a feel for how often the strange things happened. Like, he would go "okay, right about now, pick up the phone and say "hello". If you did, a voice would say "john", then hang up. Didn't matter if it actually rang or not. We all sat around in the bedroom and just watched and waited. Soon enough, posters and objects on the wall would start moving, the faces would change expressions and wink, things like that. I had stayed the night there, and was woken up in the middle of the night by a chair suddenly rotating and dragging back and forth.

Somewhere in my dream, there was a kind of moment where everything was explained from a movie-watchers point of view. A long time ago some evil man stuck some poor kid in a dark pit inside this big, heavily reinforced tank/bulldozer like device. Just a big hunk of reinforced metal. These tentacle/centipede like creatures started burrowing in the kids flesh, distending it in a painfully grotesque manner. It didn't kill, but instead turned him into some kind of really strong mutant like creature. The evil man himself had turned into a mutant too, but a different kind. He would order the thing that was once a kid to drag the big heavy rear end machine he was in to slam it into poo poo. He was strong enough to destroy anything with it since it would demolish virtually anything due to it's size and density. At some point he slammed it into the hill, and just sort of stayed there, long before the house was put up. It turns out that in addition to being strong, he had other strange abilities. All those "ghostly" hauntings were actually him trying to reach out to us. Lonely, I guess.

That was kind of long, so I'll wait a bit before putting the other up.

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?
I keep dreaming about my awesome old car. I miss my Thunderbird :(

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
I was a generic anime school girl last night - I haven't even watched anime since college! I was friends with two brothers, Rei and Junpei, who lived alone in an improbably large and bizarrely-decorated house. Rei was a Nice Guy, while Junpei was intensely creepy and kept trying to have sex with me.

lolll
May 11, 2005

propaganda turtle
I was preparing for the city I lived in to turn into a horde of zombie-like beings. I was high-society and lived with a group of others who had escaped in fancy apartments that were really experimental, architecturally. They were high rises so we were able to connect them via planks of plywood and etc so the top apartments could be combined.

Earlier in the dream I'd tried to stop whatever was happening by infiltrating a place that was going to release some sort of toxic chemical/magic into the water table and air that was going to cause all the people to become sluggish but violent and mindless. Somehow was special enough that it wouldn't affect me along with the group I was a part of.

The culture of the group bothered me, though. Even though it was the eve of the magic-zombie-angry-person apocalypse they all wanted to have a party and act like nothing was wrong, and because this was such an ingrained part of society in this group I couldn't do much but roll my eyes and walk away or I would have been ostracized. I think the commodore from Boardwalk Empire was part of the group. And Jimmy's mom from that show.

So the poison that was to be released on the populous to turn them into zombies wasn't actually a poison, so much as a wave of particles or magic of some sort. And our group was special because we were able to handle these particles for some reason.

After my failure to infiltrate/stop the people who were going to do this it was too late, though it would be several days before the effects started in. However, until that period of time I gained supernatural abilities. I could work with the particles in my mind and manipulate them. I understood how they worked, so I was able to do things like fly, morph things, and shoot particle lasers with my mind. Flying scared me, though.

The end of the dream has me climbing (have no idea why I didn't fly) around on the outside of the construction scaffolding we'd used to set up our rooftop islands, feeling sad.

That's it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulldog
Oct 14, 2012

Mach5 posted:

I keep having this dream where I'm standing in sort of Sun-god robes on a pyramid and a thousand naked women are screaming and throwing little pickles at me.

I just finished watching that movie! Classic!

• Locked thread