Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
I had a weird one last night and no idea why - started out with me being at the gym, working out and chatting with people, nothing out of the ordinary. I finished, went to the locker room, and when I opened up my locker I found a bunch of old computer hardware (no loving clue). I pulled it out and looked at it, I remember there were a couple motherboards and 3 video cards - a GTX 570, a Voodoo 5 5500, and I don't remember the third one. First thought was "man, I thought I lost this, this would be pretty cool to show someone" rather than "why the gently caress do I have computer parts in my gym locker??"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Not last night, but this thread reminded me of a dream I had years ago, when I was 15.

My family lived in an older house at the time, 2 floors with a semi-finished basement. My room was down in the basement, had some faded green floor tile and a drop ceiling, and in the corner of my bedroom area was a water pipe with a meter on it, looked like this one:

Once in a while it would make a fast ticking sound for a few seconds and stop - not a big deal. Until one weekend, I was asleep and having a semi-normal dream: I was riding a Greyhound bus with a group of friends and we were headed somewhere. We get to an intersection in town and are stopped at the 4 way stoplight, and some guy I didn't notice in the back of the bus stands up. He's dressed like a gangster from the 30s, with a black pinstripe suit, fedora, the whole works. As soon as I look in his direction, he pulls out a tommy gun and starts shooting EVERYWHERE, people are ducking and screaming and the last thing I remembered was the bus driver slamming the gas, taking a sharp left turn, and I lost my balance and fell down the steps near the front bus door.

I woke up and realized the sound of the tommy gun was that water meter ticking furiously in the corner.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Alright, so after last night's dream (and a few others over the last couple weeks), I'm convinced that melatonin seriously messes with my brain.

Had a dream last night, can't remember all of it but what I do remember is being with a few friends at a party (no idea whose house it was) and was a little drunk. Decided to drive home buzzed despite their protesting, it was dark out and the house I was at was in the boonies somewhere - nearly zero streetlights and it was pitch dark outside. I get in my car and start driving, through a few winding roads, and pass a small, older neighborhood with some nice houses...looked like a fairly upscale place, all the houses were big, multi-story places and they all had their holiday lights up.

Apparently it had been snowing or was icy, because I lost control of my car while checking all the holiday lights out, and started spinning out of control wildly. Weird thing was, I was sliding sideways and NOT slowing down at all, it seemed like I was picking up more and more speed. My car smashed through a few fences, kept skidding across a bunch of peoples' yards, and I finally had an "oh poo poo" moment when I saw a house with one of those decorative-type rock walls, maybe 4 feet high or so. I closed my eyes and the passenger side of the car slammed hard into the wall, stopping me dead, and I felt every bit of the jolt. Got out, saw that the owners of the house had come out to see what happened, and I remember saying "holy poo poo...I'm so sorry, please call 911" and clearly remember feeling quite a bit of pain.

Somehow ended up later in a clinic of some kind, getting checked for injuries, and didn't have anything serious. Went literally next door to the insurance office to get everything cleared up with that, and no sooner did I walk into the building, I woke up. Definitely one of the more weird, frightening, and extremely vivid dreams I've had...I can still remember how cold it felt and the jolt and sound of the car hitting that wall.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Had one last night that was rather odd, I don't remember all the details but enough sticks out that I woke up all :wtf:

I was in this mansion with 2 friends, a big 3 story place, looked kind of old and had a big staircase right by the front door. Anyways, my friends and I wake up in one of the many bedrooms of the mansion, not sure how we got there - we were thinking we somehow got kidnapped and knocked out/drugged so we couldn't remember anything. One of them found a note saying we were part of some "game" to escape the mansion, all we had to do was get downstairs and out the front door without being killed.

Now, there was nothing out of the ordinary when we looked out the door - we were on the top floor, looking down over the staircase, seemingly nothing in our way (no people, obstacles, traps, etc.). So all 3 of us start down the first set of steps toward the second floor landing, and we see what looks like a jail cell - it opens up and some guy in a goofy looking cowboy suit (think Cowboy Curtis's outfit from Pee-Wee's Playhouse) comes walking out. I somehow knew it was a trap, he wasn't threatening but I knew he was "planted" by whomever the kidnapper was. It just popped in my head that this guy was set up to act like he'd been captured too, try to talk us into taking him along to escape, and he'd kill us before we got to the front door to escape. One of my friends went to talk to him and I yelled "Don't talk to him, he wasn't kidnapped, it's a trap!" and the only way to get past him was to ignore him completely (somehow ignoring his presence meant he couldn't attack you...no idea).

Two other guys attacked from the downstairs area, coming up the stairs as we all descended, and I remember one friend beat the poo poo out of one guy while I grabbed a lighter and a can of hairspray, and lit the other guy's face on fire (again, no idea). We ran for the front door, the cowboy guy from earlier tried blocking us from going past, so I grabbed a shaving kit from a stand by the door and stabbed him to death with the straight razor inside of it. I remember the cowboy looked like Carson Daly, so I didn't feel bad when he keeled over and we all escaped and "won" the kidnapper's game. :psyduck:

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Last night the one I had wasn't really creepy, just kinda...odd.

I drove to upstate NY to visit my dad during the winter, whom I haven't spoken with in years due to a major falling out we had and his drug/alcohol problems. Anyhow, I get to his place, park my car and get all my stuff brought inside. My grandma (who's been deceased since 2004) answered the door, looking like I always remember, and gave me a hug. I remember thinking something wasn't right about her...she looked a lot younger and a bit heavier, and her face wasn't quite right. It hit me that she'd passed years back, and I remember thinking "that's not my grandma...who the hell is that woman?" but apparently it wasn't enough of an issue to keep me from going upstairs to one of the spare bedrooms to unpack my things.

My dad came home shortly after, hugged me, and was pretty much drunk and high from what I recall. He was stumbling around and saying weird, nonsensical gibberish things, barely able to stand up straight. He asked to borrow my car, I told him hell no, and he stumbled back to his own car and left. From that point it was kind of spotty, I remember meeting a few of his new neighbors, and one of them grew and sold weed to people in the neighborhood. I recall thinking it was a mistake to have traveled all the way to see my dad and getting caught up with all these sketchy people, so I went back to his house and started packing my stuff up. I got help from a neighbor to make the process faster, and while packing my trunk, I found a bunch of cigars (no idea why or how) that were all damp and soaked from melted snow. In the middle of getting my final bag to the car, my dad drove up in the driveway and almost hit me, then stumbled out all angry and tried to keep me from leaving. I told him it was stupid of me to come back, he wasn't going to change, and I hated seeing and hearing him drunk and high all the time. Got in my car, pulled out of the driveway, and got a ways up the street to the gas station to gas up my car and use the bathroom. I woke up when I got out of the car to go to the gas pump, and was very confused.

• Locked thread