Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Meis posted:

Last dream I remember was not too fun. It was one of those dreams where I wasn't present, just a bodiless observer, and it looked like a video game cutscene.

I have dreams like this and I've never known anyone else who does, cool! Maybe it's the videogames. I guess it's probably the videogames.

Last night, I was observing a little girl who was on the run from the illuminati. She was sneaking onto planes and looking at the positions of other planes on a tablet PC she had, so she could escape from any illuminati chasing her. It reminded me a bit of the boardgame Scotland Yard, or the 90s game show Wanted. The only other thing I remember is that she owned a spaceship and her name was Captain Dwarves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Meis posted:

Actually that was the first one that felt like a cutscene. Before then any of my dreams that were like that felt like watching a TV show. I don't even watch TV that much... Must be the videogames.

Oh, actually I meant the whole bodiless observer thing. My dreams are always live action like a TV show, and I don't even have a TV. Videogames!

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles
Well, last night I had my brain spent an entire dream telling me the longest shaggy dog story type joke ever. This was the first time I've laughed myself awake. I didn't even think that was possible. The joke will only make sense if you are Scottish, but hell, the fact that it makes sense at all in the waking world is an incredible loving achievement as far as I'm concerned.

It started with me in the kitchen of the caravan I stayed in when I travelled to Blackpool on holiday this summer. I was immediately aware something was wrong, I felt disoriented, because I was aware I was experiencing a past event. My sister was talking to someone, and then sent them out of the room to talk to me alone. She said "I know this is a little disorienting, but you've been pulled back in time. No, I don't know why, the same thing happened to me half an hour ago." I had a look around the room, and became aware of the fact that the entire place was not actually the caravan, but an exact mirror image of it. I raised this with my sister, who said that aside from the whole time travel thing, everything seemed normal to her. "Oh," I said, "that's worrying, because it suggests I've not just been pulled through time, it looks like I've been pulled into a mirror universe."
Which is a bit of a concern, of course, becuase it might mean I was now trapped in a caravan with cannibals or something. But they seemed okay, so I asked a few questions to double check. Sure enough, it was all a mirror image, everyone drove on the right, for example (and they drove on the left on the continent and America).
Eventually, I turned on the tv to see what was happening in this crazy mirror world. The news was on and I caught the tail end of some news piece on a war somewhere, followed by a puff piece in which the government was proposing to make l33tp34k an optional second language in schools, followed by the sport section, in which the headline was that the Great Britain team, consisting mainly of Scottish players this time around, had reached the semi finals of the World Cup.
I turned to my sister and talked to her about this. I explained that where I came from the constituent nations of the UK competed in football tournaments independently and that Scotland hadn't qualified for a World Cup in over a decade. She was rather taken aback by this. "Do you follow football much?" I asked, "I mean, I'm guessing you would since my sister from my universe doesn't and..."
"Yeah," she said, "I'm really into football. I support Inverness, they're top of the league right now, and they're the largest club in Scotland,"
"Huh, that's interesting. In my universe, the two biggest clubs are Celtic and Rangers." I said.
My sister's eyes went wide with surprise. "Your universe is really weird," she said, "Here, Rangers are a Third division team!"

• Locked thread