Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Two nights ago I dreamt I was on a city bus, when someone outside tried shooting someone else. The bullet flew through the bus window, ricocheted off a pole and went into my stomach. I touched my stomach and saw the blood and started crying, three black women behind me were freaking out. They pulled me outside and laid me on the grass where a girl I worked with came and sat with me until the ambulance came (we happened to stop right at the end of her street, which is a very steep hill). In the distance I could see this weird wooden plank house...it had a turret like part that looked like it was about to burst, but it was just weird architecture. I was crying and crying and actually thought "I wish [fiance] would hear me crying and wake up".

Then some army guys came and took me to an army hospital where they took the bullet out of my stomach while I was conscious, so I put it on a necklace. Then I had a bloodied bandage around my waist for the rest of the dream, basically the rest was just walking around and telling people I got shot and it hurt.

I have lot's of really strange, vivid dreams. I started keeping a dream journal because I can remember them so well right after I wake up and it's cool to read them later when I've forgotten details or about them entirely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

IronClaymore posted:

Yeah, getting dream-shot sucks. Not as bad as being drowned though. It's horrific. Word of warning: do NOT drown in dreams. It's actually physically painful. The only way I avoided it hundreds of times was by remembering I could breathe water. Not enough times unfortunately. Additionally, the sheer momentum of 30 metre dream waves is not to be trifled with. They drag you out into deep water when they recede. You see a beach - watch that surf, and be ready to run!

Yes! Holy poo poo, I have many, many dreams about water. Sometimes it's these impossibly huge waves, or just a really high tide, sometimes it calm and basically as far as the eye can see but I definitely can relate to the "giant swell pulling everything back into the water" dream.

Also, teeth falling out, or trying to run away from something but only being able to move in long, slow strides. Also, trying to scream but my voice is gone or really hoarse, usually in conjunction with the running one.

Every year I also get this one recurring dream after the school semester wraps up; I wake up in the morning and holy poo poo! Today is the final exam! But I didn't study! And I also forgot I was in the class and therefore did not go to class all year!
Gets me every time, never fails to make me uncomfortable.

54 40 or fuck fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Nov 20, 2012

• Locked thread