Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
I dreamed I was watching a fleeing group of several people having their bodies sliced apart before my eyes by a mad scientist child who was performing grotesque mutant surgeries in hyper speed.

Some of the things I watched:

-The child tore out the brains from the skull of one poor sap, and then jumped over his head, unraveling the guy's folded brains into a worm-like noodle. He roped this noodle around a collection of bones he had removed from several of the other nearby people, and applied an electric current to it. The bones came to life, pulled by activated tendons and begin madly slicing apart other people, turning some of them into monstrous creatures that then ripped into their friends.

-The child tore into the back of the head of one guy, and replaced part of his brain with a vice-like pair of metal blades that were gnashing like teeth. The front of the guy's face had this soulless bemused grin like a crappy family photograph, as if his personality had been removed. He backed up to one of his former friends, one of the other soon-to-be-victims, and the back of his head clamped down on his the guy's face. The guy began screaming as whirring dental-drill noises flared up, and burning smoke and stench rose from the guy's trapped head. He was in so much pain that he reached up and clamped his fist over the side of the skull of his friend-turned-vice-monster, and crushed part of his skull by squeazing reflexively in agony. (Which didn't stop it or free him.) When his former friend's face fell away, I saw a perfectly sliced-through cross-section of the guy's head....and then a bunch of finger-bone-like protrusions came out from this mass of perfectly sliced flesh and began clicking like insect mandibles. The whole front of his sliced face now looked a bit like the underside of a horseshoe crab, but with fingerbone-like mandibles.

-The child sewed the tendons together of two people, forcing them to spear each other on their own exposed rib bones, until they were merged in a grisly manner into something resembling a four-legged insect, with bones sewed into their skin resembling carapace.

There was also this "Tales from the Crypt" vibe going through all of it, like these guys kind of deserved what they were getting, as they had mistreated the mad scientist boy horribly. It was a grisly massacre where they came out as malformed monstrosities that expired soon after often shredding apart their former friends in similarly grisly fashions. Almost like the boy was some mad genius who knew how to jury rig a human body into a weapon that would destroy another person or convert them to another destructive tool in a similar fashion, before shortly dying.

This is one of the most hosed up and grisly dreams I've had in forever - yet I was lucid dreaming through it the whole time like I was watching an entertaining horror movie, and knew that it wasn't real but a dream. It was still pretty intense regardless.

Spacedad fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Nov 23, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

In contrast to my earlier horror movie dream, I had a dream last night where I had made friends with a talking blue jay and was looking for fun trees to climb. There wasn't anything else to it other than the blue jay kept making me laugh and the scenery was pretty.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

Okay so I had a really cool dream:

I was an invisible presence in a weird retro science fiction-y TV studio where an insane TV host had an artificial studio audience composed of 'living television people' with scan lines and pixels all over their bodies like they were made of TV stuff.

The host, who looked like a bespectacled mad scientist, was running a mad combination sitcom and game show on separate sound stages in the same huge studio space - running between them and playing charismatic MC to the audience.

On each of the sets, ordinary people (I presumed they were all kidnapped for this) were competing for their lives/souls or something - by trying to get the most ratings and approval from these artificial audience members.

They were in various inane sitcoms where they were forced to read out terribly terse and cliched lines. They were also in equally inane game trivia prize shows where they were forced to answer questions correctly or incorrectly according to a script - meaning if they were meant to lose, they had to lose or the audience would hate them. (There was also something here involving a Price-is-right-style roulette whell constructed out of dead fish inside microwave ovens...I don't know either.)

If a person forced into this "game" of trying to win "ratings" lost audience approval, their bodies would begin to turn black-and-white and then they would be sucked into a VHS casette that the host would put into a VHS monitor on a large wall of monitors, each with the faces of people trapped inside VHS tapes - all of them struggling to break free from the inside of horrible sitcoms, bad reality shows, bad games shows, and similarly lovely programming.

A teenaged kid got on this show and was very belligerent of the host though - he was deliberately going outside the lines of the script forced on him and trashing the sets. For some reason the host was unable to trap him, because the artificial audience liked him so much. Eventually the kid smashed the monitors and the MC's former victims flooded out and strapped the MC to a running-man style chair sled and fired him inside a VHS tape of an after school special about kids avoiding sex predators, with him cast as the pedophile who gets perpetually hunted down by cops and humiliated for all time.

The dream ended with the kid blowing the walls off the studio and the fake audience evaporating in the light, as the formerly trapped people were able to leave free.

It was a dream that played out like a semi coherent story and had me rather entertained. The kid hero in it was a little badass too, and reminded me of sarcastic teen heroes from 80's movies.

Edit: I think my dream was partly fueled by this, because the MC looked like the psychologist/MC-Host in this movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqksSN6K_V0

Spacedad fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Nov 25, 2012

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

TShields posted:

There's a Steam sale going on right now, and I bought a game called "Mark of the Ninja" and played the gently caress out of it. I've had a fever/cold type thing going on for a couple days now, and last night as I was trying to fall asleep, I kept seeing the animations in that game going through my head, especially the hallucinations you start having towards the end of the game. It was a little unnerving..

Yeah that's normal. A combination of your brain reviewing what you did during the day to basically write a 'hard copy' (which is how you learn and get better at things) with the stress the fever/cold is putting on you.

Sometimes with fever dreams it feels a bit like you're exposed to the 'raw' memory or image you're looking at, without any mental defenses up. So uh, a graphic animation of killing some guys with a cartoony character might become really raw and visceral in a fever dream.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

Also - has anyone ever had a dream that they were, as their adult selves, forced to repeat a grade-school or high-school class? Apparently this dream is common. I had it the other day and "enjoyed" being mortified in front of a class of kids as I repeated grade 4 math, and did badly at it.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

I had a dream earlier this evening where I was in a neutral car sliding dangerously sideways down a steep slope and looking for a way out. I've trained myself since childhood to automatically wake up at the start of a nightmare, so I smashed the car window and woke myself up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

I saw this short film many years ago, by Dark City and The Crow director Alex Proyas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwFOdc0sljg

Last night, I dreamed I was in a version of this film. But it was going on longer and I felt feverish throughout the whole ordeal. I got to experience first hand the disorientation of listening to a vinyl record in a room and then changing location in a flash to somewhere outdoors.

• Locked thread