Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dark Grapefruit
Jun 3, 2006

All cans are welcome and equal in your city, regardless of can content, and whether empty or full.
In my dream I was really big into genealogy and wanted to trace back my ancestry as far as I could. In the obscure stacks of some forgotten research library I uncovered a book that told me that my father's side of the family were descended from dragons. Thousands of years ago, they were the biggest and most powerful dragon clan in Ireland (where my family is descended from irl). They had an uneasy co-existence with humans and basically inspired the generic European dragon imagery; living in caves, guarding gold, kidnapping young maidens etc. As the human population increased - and especially as Christianity spread to Ireland - dragons increasingly became seen as evil and were hunted down. To avoid extinction, many of the dragon clans chose to transform themselves and live among humans. To this day, anyone who has my surname by birth is a half-dragon and can use some magical powers. (The bloodline is preserved through the name itself, because names are magic)

Following an incantation in the book, I was able to transform into a hybrid human/dragon form (human size and body proportion, but with scales and claws and wings). The book called this a "drakonoid" and explained that it was the best I could probably hope for since I wasn't a full-blooded dragon. I couldn't breathe fire and I couldn't fly (only glide a bit) but my claws made me excellent at climbing, so I climbed up to the roof of the library, which looked to be part of a very old university. The rest of the dream was just climbing around the buildings on campus.

I'm impressed by how narratively coherent this dream was. Usually they veer off in a completely random direction halfway through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread