Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Necroneocon posted:

Before we do the whole Marie backlash because she's popular train, can someone answer my question about why she won't go outside because we need a "spark" in our relation? I'm post-Kanji if it helps.

Since her scenes have a lot of character cross-over, she probably won't do anything until you get Rise/Teddie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

I hadn't realized that the Resist X abilities essentially replaced Wk with Str - that makes Narcissus (Aeon 24) a great early-ish choice for putting maragi/mabufu/magaru/mazio on. Enough slots for that, Resist Phys and Resist Fire and an empty for whatever. Maybe Rampage or something?

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Golden Battler posted:

Man, the new Shuffle Time is crazy. I got really lucky with Magician, and by the end of the 3rd dungeon I had a single persona with Auto-Tarukaja, Apt Pupil, Power Charge, and Brave Blade. :getin:

e: worth mentioning that it started with a Light physical, and got hit with Magician three times, upgrading the same move every time. I wonder if that's intentional, or I just got absurdly lucky?

Magician is great since it doesn't completely screw you at random like the skill changes in P3P.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Dr. Video Games 0156 posted:

For those of you who powered through this and are near/at the end, a few questions:

1) I somehow missed Quests 67 and 68. I knew the end of the game was coming up and I was scouring the city for them, but the new dungeon came & went and now I'm on the final day of the True Ending and I guess that means I missed them since now I'm locked in TV land just like the original. I don't want to miss them again on NG+ and the guides on gamefaqs don't have them yet...any advice?

2) Similarly, the guides on gamefaqs only offer the briefest wishy-washy explanation about how to get (or what causes you to miss) the miss-able books for the "read all books" trophy. With as much as I love this game and as much as I don't normally care about trophychievements, I feel like it would be a shame to do everything else but be missing a platinum because I leveled up a social link too quickly or something.

Anybody here have more insight?

I think that the book you can get from hanging out with Strength (The O-Cha Way) is only missable if you are doing the basketball version. If you go with Soccer you shouldn't have any issues.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Pistol Packin Poet posted:

I'm surprised this question isn't answered in the OP: Should I buy a Vita just for Persona 4: Golden? I love this game to death. It's my favorite RPG ever. Should I buy the goddamn system for one of my favorite games of all time?

Yes. I liked P4 a lot and Golden only adds to the experience.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

TheJoker138 posted:

I think the way it works in this game, unlike Persona 3, is that if you stay in a dungeon too long you start hearing that, and then he'll be in one of the treasure boxes if you haven't opened them all yet. You'll be really thoroughly warned about not wanting to open it by your support character, and if you ignore it you have to fight him. The first time I had no idea what it was so I went for it and got killed in a single turn. This time it was right at the end of going through an optional dungeon Floor 1, so I said gently caress it, and then won.

What level was your party at?

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Ah, cool, I might take a shot at him next time. I'm right about 70 with my crew.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Aeon and Jester do have point requirements. I didn't have a matching persona most of the time, so it took a couple of spend times per link.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Pollyanna posted:

That reminds me, is there a Round 2/Full Stats Max S-Link guide out yet?

I think the KADFC guide on GameFAQs has a Round 2 guide near the bottom. Not sure if it's updated for the new Golden content.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Downright shameful question here: on a weapon, does the HIT stat indicate how often the character equipped with it will score a critical hit or how often their physical attacks will connect in general?

It's overall accuracy. I'm not really sure how the formula works, but 90+ hit weapons are noticeably more accurate than something with a hit in the mid-70s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Really? I'm pretty sure that Die For Me! and Samsara are 100% kills unless the monster resists hama/mudo.

Edit: Apparently that's not true. Huh.

Tricky fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jan 21, 2013

• Locked thread