Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
You will experience the joy of infinite bear puns, instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

RentCavalier posted:

I can't stop laughing at this picture. It's just so...it's just...so...perfect.

Best part was him constantly ordering Kanji to refill his glass.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Finally get to sit down and play, and Yu Narukami fits the name spaces. Man, picking a name was so much easier this time :v:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Whaa, there's no 0 AD? Man, I might actually learn things in Golden!

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Moldy Taxes posted:

EDIT: Are party members suppose to have voiced lines when they say things in the dungeon? I noticed the music volume goes down when the dialogue box appears, but they don't say anything.

Not all of the time, no.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Lord Ephraim posted:

The biggest thing for me is scene skip. I see there's a feature in the OP, but what does it entail? Can everything with text be skipped instantly? I love playing the game but there's some things I rather skip on replays.

You hit Start during a cutscene to bring the option up. Hit Start again to zip through the cutscene, and Start another time to resume it.

There's a text log for cutscenes if you press Select, too. It even replay the specific voice clip for each line.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

That's it. You pick your cards directly now, with knockdowns and All-Out-Attacks increasing your chance of getting Shuffle Time.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Marie is my new favorite NPC. "He bought me meat. He is a good person." :swoon:

I really want to steal her hat, though. It's like Junpei all over again.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Moldy Taxes posted:

I don't understand that complaint. Wouldn't weaving someone into the story so well that it's like she was never not there be a good thing?

Yea, that's a stupid complaint. Well-integrated new characters should be the standard.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Mailer posted:

XOXOFUCKXOXO

This is a great representation of the old fusion system. So many fusions lost to reflexes.

e: So many Yu's on the SOS system. :allears:

e2: Ohhh, the more people that send you aid, the more HP and SP you recover from it.

Schubalts fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Nov 23, 2012

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Her hat is magical, and she does that thing where you rapidly mutter a string of words under your breath. Also, yea, she's some of the most obvious new content.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Necroneocon posted:

Too early, eventually when you pop in the car they'll be like, take her out and she'll be all "well i'm angsty and pronounce things wrong so DEAL WITH IT"

You can just go in and out of the Room from the 18 onward, until the event triggers. I like her party member interactions.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Speedball posted:

How do you find the fishing rod parts, again? The lady at the shrine needs a red goldfish...

Spoilers, I guess? Just in case. Give something to the thirsty/hungry kid in the shrine, to get a ladybug. Bring jewels to the Shiroku Pub to get access, then give the ladybug to Shiroku's fish. You will get a fish hook and bread crumbs. Give the old fisherman at the riverbank the fish hook, and get a fishing rod.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

I love seeing all the bubbles for people who didn't spend time with Nanako at every opportunity. Soulless monsters, the lot of them.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

I forgot how many Link options require Courage, geez. :negative:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Is this Witch Detective book a Twilight callout or something? Girl moving to a new school, "Vampires are involved.", "...The content of this book was almost physically painful for you to read."

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Yes, I just got the SUITS! I am set for life now. If only we could combine the Nose Glasses with the Suits.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Oh god yes, Golden's version of P3's "hit on girls" scene is amazing. There's horror movie music! I'm dying here.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

It's always worth a try if you have nothing else to do.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

You should be able to find the net somewhere, then I guess that unlocks bug-catching for you. You just need to bring a bug to the pub, I don't think it needs to be specifically from the kid.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

I just learned a skill by contemplating the vastness of the ocean :psyduck:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

It's just a rare card, made even rarer by the limited card slots.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Was it the Lady in White? She comes and goes as she pleases.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Holy crap, going to the theatre gives bonus stats and level-ups! And this coffee is so drat good I passed out. I love Okina City.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Biggest decision in the game: Rare accessory, or a Growth 2 card? :ohdear:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Social Link skills are pretty good. You shouldn't be worried about gimping yourself, especially since you can cover any gaps with your own Personas.

Dr. Ohnoman posted:

I totally suck at this new fishing minigame, by the way. I know the old one was basically a QTE but I'm pretty good at those, dammit. :saddowns: Can't seem to get the timing down in the bug catching mingame either, I press the button when the ! comes up but it still tells me my timing "might have been off."

Fishing is rough, but you gotta be patient with it, like a real fisherman. Reading the fishing books will help a lot, too.

The timing is rather generous for bug catching. "Might have been off" is just one step below perfect timing. Try to time it for right when the shaft of the net reaches the unshadowed part of the wooden post behind you.

e: Why is "un-subtle sub-buttle" so funny? I can't stop giggling.

Schubalts fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Nov 25, 2012

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

It is worth it. Use your scooter as soon as you can.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Dr. Ohnoman posted:

That's the +50 SP weapon for Yukiko, right? On my last playthrough of the vanilla version, I kept that for the rest of the game. It's not as if she'll be doing that much physical attacking, and more SP is always a good thing. Maybe there's a weapon somewhere that gives her +100 SP or something like that, but I've never found one.

The Amaterasu Fob is another great item to find. +30% Max HP. Chie can Rampage so many times now :swoon:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Yes, you can go to the BEACH. And you can fish there, swim there, and contemplate the vastness of the ocean. Swimming gives you stat boosts, and contemplating can get you Persona boosts.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

You'll get an event where everybody else decides to go get licenses, then you can go on bike dates after they pass their tests.

And go ride your scooter and unlock the beach.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Tricky posted:

I think that the book you can get from hanging out with Strength (The O-Cha Way) is only missable if you are doing the basketball version. If you go with Soccer you shouldn't have any issues.

Going way back to this, I just got this book and I'm doing the basketball version.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Try ending the quiz show with a tie, it's great.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Marie wrote a rap about clowns! :allears:

Now I wish there was a rap battle event.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Yea, the compendium was always there. Only The Answer from P3:FES lacks the compendium.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Rinkles posted:

So someone must have gotten to the "Fsteak" scene by now. How did they wiggle that reference into there? I'm aware of how it was in the original Japanese, but I can't think how you'd make the reference without it being obviously stilted.

She asks what 'steak' is short for (beef steak), decides that's dumb because it doesn't have any part of the word 'beef', and says it should be 'fsteak'.

Schubalts fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Nov 27, 2012

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

You can pry my fsteak fskewers from my cold dead hands. :colbert:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

New Game + is when you can really crank out Links.

Meiteron posted:

On a different note, I've been feeding bugs to the fish at the Shiroku Pub for awhile now but after the Meiou Crickets I can't figure out what to give it next. The lady asks for a rare bug, and I have 2-3 more kinds, but apparently none of them work. Is there another place to grab bugs other than the shrine, or do I just have to wait now?

What bugs do you have? The shrine is the only place to catch bugs, but Tanaka's program can have bugs and fish for sale.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

The cafe chooses your equipped Persona.

Cake Attack posted:

In August, do you actually have to do your summer homework, or does it just provide extra knowledge boosts or something among those lines? I can't remember.

You have to do it, but it does give extra knowledge boosts. You're even forced to on the 30th or 31st.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Sex_Ferguson posted:

At first it takes a bit, but I ranked up the last 5 ranks of it in December and they were all very easy. In fact if Adachi's S. Link is any example I think some of those ranks are dependent on what part of the story you're in.

Marie's is heavily dependent on story progress. Her Link requires you to get Kanji and Rise before you can max it, as the events feature the whole group.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Superstring posted:

Spoil it! Let your failure serve as a lesson for the rest of us!

My failure, too, apparently. I could not resist the PerSwagna playthrough.

• Locked thread