Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Persona 4: Golden is a remake of 2008’s Persona 4 for the PS Vita. The game features additional Personas, Social Links, new story events, and BIKES! The original game was a turned based RPG developed by Atlus, and was praised for its story, characters and gameplay. Persona 4 uses an innovative gameplay system that is half dungeon-crawler, half school-life simulator, both of which feed into each other. Persona 4: Golden was released November 20th in NA, and is scheduled for a February 22nd released in Europe (although Vita’s are region free)

Story:

Persona 4 places you in the role of an unnamed high school student (canonically Yu Narukami), who’s recently moved to the rural town of Inaba, a small town which has recently been struck by mysterious murders. Following rumors of “The Midnight Channel”, a TV show that supposedly shows on turned off TVs on a rainy midnight, you and your friends discover a mysterious world within the TV, which seem to be related to the murders. With the power of your Personas, manifestations of your inner self, you and your friends investigate the TV World and the string of murders plaguing the town.

Characters:

Yu Narukami:

Your avatar in the story. Originally from the city, you’ve moved to Inaba for the year because of your parent's work. In combat, you have the unique ability to change between multiple Personas, diversifying your combat options.

Yosuke Hanamura:

Pretty much your sidekick, Yosuke is the son of the manager of Junes, a local department store. For better or for worse, Yosuke is your average teenager. At the end of the day, he means well, but can be a jerk along the way. In combat Yosuke is well-rounded: capable of healing, doing decent magical and physical damage, and using some buffs/debuffs/status effects. Voiced by Yuri Lowenthal.

Persona: Jiraiya
Arcana: Magician

Chie Satonaka:

Your classmate, Chie likes Kung-fu and fsteaks. Chie mainly fights with physical attacks, but can also use some Ice magic. Voiced by Tracy Rooney in the original, and Erin Fitzgerald in Golden.

Persona: Tomoe Gozen
Arcana: Chariot

Yukiko Amagi:

The heiress to a local Inn, Yukiko is intelligent but introverted. In combat, Yukiko can heal and use powerful fire magic. Voiced by Amanda Winn Lee.

Persona: Konohana Sakuya
Arcana: Priestess

Kanji Tatsumi:

A first-year delinquent, Kanji is hot-headed and awesome. Beats the crap out of enemies with a folding chair, and occasionally lightning magic. Voiced by Troy Baker.

Persona: Take-Mikazuchi
Arcana: Emperor

Rise Kujikawa:

A renowned idol, who returns to her hometown of Inaba hoping to take a break from show business. Rise doesn’t actually fight alongside you, but rather supports you while you dungeon crawl, analysing enemies and providing other benefits. Voiced by Laura Bailey.

Persona: Himiko
Arcana: Lovers

Teddie:

A bear who lives inside the TV world, although even he doesn’t know why. Beary good in combat, because he can use powerful Ice magic and healing spells. Voiced by Dave Wittenberg in the original, and by Sam Riegel in Golden.

Persona: Kintoki-Douji
Arcana: Star

Naoto Shirogane:

An ace defective detective brought in by the Inaba Police to investigate the murders. He’s somewhat interesting in combat, using light and dark aligned instant kill magic, costly but unblockable almighty magic, and some physical skills. Nobody actually knows who voices him :iiam:

Ryotaro and Nanako Dojima:

Your uncle and your cousin. Your hosts during your stay in Inaba. A hard-working member of the police force, Dojima raises his daughter, Nanako, when the TV is busy. Because of this, and because of her deceased mom, Nanako is unusually mature for her age. Voiced by J.B Blanc and Karen Strassman.

Arcana: Hierophant (Ryotaro), Justice (Nanako)

Arcana: Justice

Marie:

A new character added for the remake. Marie works as an attendant at the mysterious Velvet Room, the otherworldly place where your main character fuses new Personas. Marie is also one of the new Social Links in the game (more on those later), representing the Aeon arcana.

Combat:

Persona 4’s gameplay is a twist on the standard JRPG battle formula. If one of your characters hits an enemy weakness, they’ll get an extra turn to attack, and the enemy will go down. Hit a downed enemy and they’ll miss a turn, or down every enemy and all your party members can use a powerful team attack on all foes. Gameplay tends to be fairly strategic, buffs and status effects are useful, and even random encounters stand a chance of killing you.

Furthermore, while your allies have predetermined stats and skills, the main character can change between Personas at will. Different Personas have different skills and different stats, meaning the main character is by far the most versatile and powerful party member. Which is good, because if he dies, it’s game over.

New Personas are acquired after battles, or more importantly through the game’s fusion system Outside of dungeons, you can fuse various old Personas together to gain stronger personas of a higher level. The new Persona inherits skills from the old Personas, although some Persona’s can’t inherit some skills (so Big Fire Dude can’t use Big Ice Attack.) New to Golden is the much, much demanded ability to choose which skills a Persona inherits. The result of a fusion is determined by the Arcanas of the ingredients, and their base levels. Multiple types of fusions exist, double and triple fusions are the standard, while specific fusions of greater numbers of demons exist too.

Social Links:

Counterbalancing the dungeon-crawling aspect of the game, is the simulator aspect of the game. The entirety of Persona 4 takes place over around a year, with you playing out nearly every day in between. During the day you go to school, and explore the city of Inaba. After school, you can spend your afternoon doing things like eating an ungodly amount of ramen, or more importantly, spending time with your peers.

Throughout the city of Inaba are various important characters (each corresponding to one of the Major Arcana), with whom you can build Social Links. As you spend time with these characters and learn their stories, your Rank in their Arcana increases, allowing fused Personas of the same Arcana to get large experience boosts, and at Rank 10 letting you fuse the ultimate Persona of that Arcana. Party members also get various bonuses as their Social Link Rank increases. In Golden, these skills have been extended to include new skills (although not always new skills, but rather skills they learned just from leveling in vanilla P4.)

Furthermore, new to Golden, are so-called Bike Skills. At various points in the game you can go on Bike dates with a party member, giving them to option to learn a new Skill.

Time management is important, as in the midst of all this Social Link fun, it’s also necessary to clear a dungeon before fog rolls into town, because of plot (the weather can be easily checked).

Tips and Advice:

-The Hermit Social Link (The fox at the shrine) has a side advantage of letting you pay money for SP restoration at the entrance to a dungeon, letting you restore SP without leaving the dungeon for the day. Money per SP restored goes down as your rank goes up, so take advantage of this. Here’s a guide to completing his requests, although apparently they’ve changed some of the requests for Golden: http://persona4.wikidot.com/quests
-Similarly, party member Social Links are more valuable than links with non party members.
-Don’t worry about maxing every link. Just relax and enjoy the game.
-The game has three endings: A good ending, a bad ending, and a true ending. The bad ending is triggered in late December. After some dramatic plot events, Yosuke will ask you a series of 6 questions. Answers these questions right to avoid the bad end. (The right answers are 3,1,3, 2, 3, 2). To get the true ending, go to Junes after the game has seemingly ended, even if the game tells you there’s no reason to.

New Features:

-Improved Graphics
-Choose which skills Personas inherit
-Two new Social Links: Marie and Adachi
-New Personas, as well as third tier Personas for party members (Unlocked by reaching Rank 10, then spending time with them again after 1/10)
-New difficulty levels (Very easy, easy, normal, hard, very hard)
-More Voice acting
-New animated cutscenes
-New areas (Beach and a ski resort, Okina City, increased access to Inaba at night)
-New events (Halloween, Skiing!)
-BIKES! (You can get around town on motorbikes, and your party members learn new skills by going on Bike dates with you)
-Tag Team attacks
-Wi-Fi features. Use SOS to connect to other players, gaining HP and SP depending on how many you connect with. Furthermore, you can also see what other players are doing at the same time of the game you’re at.
-Gardening! (Which gets you items that can do things like cast Makarakarn)
-Bug Catching Mini-game (Use them as bait for the Fishing Mini-game!)
-A Quiz show mini-game
-Scene Skip
-The game is extended to February 24th (so long as you avoid the bad endings)

Reviews:

Metacritic: 94
RPG Fan: 98
GameInformer: 85
Famitsu: 9/9/9/8

Media:

English Trailer

New Movesets: (Stolen from Gamefaqs)

Yosuke:

Persona:

-Jiraiya: Resists wind and weak to electricity.
-Susano-o: Nulls wind, resists fire and weak to electricity.
-Takehaya Susano-o: Absorbs wind, nulls fire, and weak to electricity.

Skills:

-Garu
-Bash
-Dia
-Sukukaja (Lv. 5)
-Makajam (Lv. 10)
-Magaru (Lv. 18)
-Tentarafoo (Lv. 23)
-Garula (Lv. 29)
-Power Slash (Lv. 34)
-Magarula (Lv. 40)
-Wind Boost (Lv. 44)
-Wind Break (Lv. 49)
-Garudyne (Lv. 53)
-Masukukaja (Lv. 60)
-Magarudyne (Lv. 64)
-Brave Blade (Lv. 69)
-Wind Amp (Lv. 73)

S. Link:

-Trafuri (Rank 2)
-Dekaja (Rank 4)
-Auto-Sukukaja (Rank 6)
-Diarama (Rank 8)
-Evade Elec (Rank 10)

Bike:

-Confuse Up (Rank 1)
-Megido (Rank 2)
-Green Wall (Rank 3)
-Makara Break (Rank 4)
-Diarahan (Rank 5)

Exclusive:

-Wind of Youth: Mediarama + Masukukaja.

Chie:

Persona:

-Tomoe: Resists ice and weak to fire.
-Suzuka Gogen: Nulls ice and weak to fire.
-Haraedo-no-Okami: Absorbs ice, nulls light, and weak to fire.

Skills:

-Skewer
-Tarukaja
-Bufu (Lv. 6)
-Skull Cracker (Lv. 11)
-Mabufu (Lv. 14)
-Rampage (Lv. 20)
-Assault Dive (Lv. 22)
-Counter (Lv. 24)
-Gale Slash (Lv. 29)
-Apt Pupil (Lv. 33)
-Auto-Tarukaja (Lv. 36)
-Black Spot (Lv. 38)
-Counterstrike (Lv. 43)
-Heat Wave (Lv. 46)
-Power Charge (Lv. 52)
-High Counter (Lv. 61)
-Rainy Death (Lv. 67)
-God's Hand (Lv. 70)
-Agneyastra (Lv. 74)

S. Link:

-Rebellion (Rank 2)
-Ice Boost (Rank 4)
-Revolution (Rank 6)
-Bufula (Rank 8)
-Evade Fire (Rank 10)

Bike:

-Hama (Rank 1)
-Mind Slice (Rank 2)
-Hamaon (Rank 3)
-Tetra Break (Rank 4)
-Bufudyne (Rank 5)

Exclusive:

-Dragon Hustle: Heat Riser to the whole party.

Yukiko:

Persona:

-Konohana Sakuya: Resist fire and weak to ice.
-Amaterasu: Nulls Fire, resists electricity, and weak to ice.
-Sume-Omikami: Absorbs Fire, nulls electricity, and weak to ice. (Not listed but this is most likely it.)

Skills:

-Dia
-Agi
-Me Patra
-Maragi
-Media (Lv. 16)
-Agilao (Lv. 21)
-Recarm (Lv. 26)
-Fire Break (Lv. 30)
-Diarama (Lv. 33)
-Maragion (Lv. 39)
-Mediarama (Lv. 43)
-Fire Boost (Lv. 45)
-Agidyne (Lv. 51)
-Diarahan (Lv. 55)
-Samarecarm (Lv. 59)
-Mediarahan (Lv. 65)
-Maragidyne (Lv. 68)
-Salvation (Lv. 74)
-Fire Amp (Lv. 76)

S. Link:

-Mudo (Rank 2)
-Divine Grace (Rank 4)
-Amrita (Rank 6)
-Mudoon (Rank 8)
-Evade Ice (Rank 10)

Bike:

-Valiant Dance (Rank 1)
-Marakunda (Rank 2)
-Red Wall (Rank 3)
-Spirit Drain (Rank 4)
-Mind Charge (Rank 5)

Exclusive:

-Flower Flame: Severe fire damage to all enemies.

Kanji:

Persona:

-Take-Mikazuchi: Resists electricity and weak to wind.
-Rokuten Maoh: Nulls electricity and weak to wind.
-Takejizaiten: Absorbs electricity, resists physical, and weak to wind.

Skills:

-Mazio
-Zionga
-Rakukaja
-Kill Rush
-Regenerate 1
-Elec Boost (Lv. 27)
-Fatal End (Lv. 34)
-Cruel Attack (Lv. 38)
-Mazionga (Lv. 40)
-Torrent Shot (Lv. 44)
-Elec Break (Lv. 48)
-Ziodyne (Lv. 54)
-Vile Assault (Lv. 58)
-Matarukaja (Lv. 60)
-Maziodyne (Lv. 67)
-Primal Force (Lv. 73)
-Elec Amp (Lv. 75)

S. Link:

-Dizzy Boost (Rank 2)
-Masukunda(Rank 4)
-Power Charge(Rank 6)
-Regenerate 3 (Rank 8)
-Evade Wind(Rank 10)

Bike:

-Media (Rank 1)
-Atom Smasher (Rank 2)
-Blue Wall (Rank 3)
-Speedy Recovery (Rank 4)
-Mediarama (Rank 5)

Exclusive:
-Kan no Hanamichi: Chance of causing down and dizzy. All foes.

Teddie:

Persona:
-Kintoki-Douji: Resists ice and weak to electricity.
-Kamui: Nulls ice, resists wind and darkness, and weak to electricity.
-Kamuy-Mosir: Absorbs ice, nulls wind and darkness, and weak to electricity.

Skills:

-Mediarama
-Bufula
-Energy Shower
-Traesto (Lv. 36)
-Mabufula (Lv. 38)
-Ice Boost (Lv. 40)
-Matarukaja (Lv. 42)
-Ice Break (Lv. 44)
-Diarahan (Lv. 49)
-Bufudyne (Lv. 54)
-Marakukaja (Lv. 58)
-Amrita (Lv. 61)
-Gigantic Fist (Lv. 63)
-Mabufudyne (Lv. 67)
-Mediarahan (Lv. 70)
-Ice Amp (Lv. 72)

S. Link:

-Auto-Rakukaja (Rank 2)
-Recarm (Rank 4)
-Marakunda (Rank 6)
-Samarecarm (Rank 8)
-Evade Elec (Rank 10)

Bike:

-Dekunda (Rank 1)
-Life Drain (Rank 2)
-Mustard Bomb (Rank 3)
-White Wall (Rank 4)
-Evade Physical (Rank 5)

Exclusive:

-Kamukamu Miracle: Random effect: All allies and/or all foes' HP and SP fully recovered; All allies and/or all foes downed; All allies and/or all foes inflicted with random status ailment; Nothing happens.

Rise:

Skills:

-Full Analysis
-Third Eye (Lv. 43)
-Healing Wave (Lv. 63)
-Certain Escape (Lv. 72)
-Relaxing Wave(Lv. 77)

S. Link:
-Treasure Radar (Rank 3)
-Enemy Radar (Rank 6)
-Weakness Scan (Rank 10)

Bike:
-All-out Attack Level 1 (Rank 1): Increase stages incrementally increase all-out attack damage.
-All-out Attack Level 2 Rank 2)
-All-out Attack Level 3 (Rank 3)
-All-out Attack Level 4 (Rank 4)
-All-out Attack Level 5 (Rank 5)

Naoto:

Persona:

-Sukuna-Hikona: Resists light and darkness.
-Yamato-Takeru: Nulls light and darkness and resist fire.
-Yamato Sumera Mikoto: Repel light and darkness and nulls fire.

Skills:

-Tempest Slash
-Agidyne
-Garudyne
-Mudoon
-Hamaon
-Deathbound
-Tetrakarn (Lv. 56)
-Mudo Boost (Lv. 60)
-Hama Boost (Lv. 62)
-Makarakarn (Lv. 64)
-Mamudoon (Lv. 68)
-Mahamaon (Lv. 70)
-Vorpal Blade (Lv. 73)
-Megidolaon (Lv. 75)

S.Link:

-Invigorate 1 (Rank 2)
-Mind Charge (Rank 4)
-Invigorate 2 (Rank 6)
-Heat Riser (Rank 8)
-Invigorate 3 (Rank 10)

Bike:

-Bufudyne (Rank 1)
-Ziodyne (Rank 2)
-Tetraja (Rank 3)
-Myriad Arrows (Rank 4)
-Angelic Grace (Rank 5)

Exclusive:

-Shield of Justice: Invincible for 1 attack. All allies

Cake Attack fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Dec 2, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Reserved

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Captain Walker posted:

How about Teddie? I did not like Dave Wittenberg, is Riegel any good?

Honestly, I can bearly even tell the difference between the two.

e: Missed the obvious pun.

Cake Attack fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Nov 21, 2012

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

jerkstore77 posted:

Can someone tell me more about the time limits imposed on this game?

I really don't like games with time limits and like the freedom to grind out levels/skills/whatever without having some time limit over my head telling me I have to press on. Even if there's plenty of time to complete the game, I still tend to not like it.

I understand the day/night cycle, but hearing that the game "takes place over the course of a year" has me worried.

You have a couple of weeks from when a dungeon first becomes available to beat it. Entering the TV world takes up the afternoon (and I think the evening too). You can spend as long in the TV world as you like, but leaving the TV world and coming back another day is the best way to recover SP. Otherwise, you need to pay money to the Hermit Social Link, or get lucky with an Arcana Chance after a battle.

Early game it'll probably take 2 or 3 attempts to clear a dungeon, but later in the game it's possible to clear it in a day.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Speedball posted:

Okay, where did you get that image for the Deadly Dojima Duo? That is...absolutely hilarious.

I was looking up official art for Dojima on google images and it came up. Originally, Nanako and Dojima were separate entries, but I combined them when I found it.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Wondrous Magus in the second dungeon have to be the most annoying enemy ever. If two of them choose to attack the MC, you're dead. Sure, you can silence them easily, but they're fast and show up in groups of three later son.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Dr Pepper posted:

Holy crap I've hit Operation Babe Hunt 2.

It was everything I ever wanted and more.

I just got there too, that was fantastic :allears:

Bad things happening to Yosuke will never not be hilarious.

Bikes are also the best, Dojima is the coolest uncle.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

How do you progress the Adachi social link? During the day the game tells me to talk to him at night, and at night he's busy too.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

In August, do you actually have to do your summer homework, or does it just provide extra knowledge boosts or something among those lines? I can't remember.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Nate RFB posted:

I guess that sounds about right. Do you start seeing the early Personae of those arcana relatively soon?

My first Aeon and Jester were both around level 19 and 20 respectively, or so I recall.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Zetta_Slow posted:

Now, can I do only one Lover link per game? Or can I just do the Lover link whenever I complete one for a female?

At around Rank 8 in their social link, you'll have the option to start dating some girls (i.e any age-appropriate girl). The game makes this choice fairly clear. If you don't choose to date them, this doesn't prevent you from maxing their slink or anything of the sort, there really aren't any important consequences. You can date multiple girls at once, but that would make you a jerk and don't be a jerk.

The Lovers slink is Rise's slink, and only has the name because that's her Arcana.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

I don't think I've ever managed to max Moon. You think I'd do it this playthrough, since I've seen every other Social Link maxed, but nope, late September and she's at Rank 1.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Nanako and Dojima both need expression. Nanako needs max expression at one point, while Dojima needs rank 4 expression.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Do you actually need Diligence higher than Rank 3 for anything? Nothing immediately comes to mind.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

You need Expression to continue Nanako's link at various ranks. When you talk to her, it should say something about how your expression needs to be at least X.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Is there a guide to the new Hermit Rank 10 quest? Someone posted something earlier, but I don't even have some things they assumed I did (bug-catching net, etc.)

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

DeathBySpoon posted:

I don't know about the whole quest, but you get the bug net by bringing the boy at the shrine a drink- he'll give you some bugs and tell you that he lost his net. Talk to the girl at the shrine at night and she wants a Red Goldfish. Bring her one and she'll give you the net.

Anyone know where you can find the items to make the +50% EXP items from the pub at night? I need Magatsu Xandrite (I have 4 but don't know where I got them) and Ryugu Stones, which I have none of. Another question- do your weapons affect physical skills, or only basic attacks? And does your Persona's strength affect basic attacks, or only physical skills?

I got Magatsu Xandrite from gold hands in Heaven.

e: Now that I have the bug-catching net, how I do actually do the bug-catching minigame? And what bug does the river Guardian need as bait?

Cake Attack fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Dec 2, 2012

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

One more question. How do you max the Adachi social link? I automatically advanced to Rank 7 in the hospital. Is it all automatic from here on out, or do I have to get the new ranks manually?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

The new bad end is pretty messed up :stare:.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

DeathBySpoon posted:

Spoiler tag how you get the new bad end? Also, for the bonus dungeon, do I have to have Marie in a romantic relationship or just maxed? I already went with Chie and don't want to have to put up with a depressing Valentine's day- I can just get the dungeon on round 2, if so.

For the bonus dungeon just max the link I believe.

As for your second question (don't mouse over this unless you've beaten vanilla P4). On 12/5, choose Adachi as the killer, but then choose the new option to keep quiet to protect Adachi (only available if you've gotten to Rank 8 with him. Ranks 7 and 8 are automatic.). There'll be a bunch of dialogue choices after this, to get the bad ending go along with Adachi and don't try and pin the murder on him.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

DeathBySpoon posted:

Thanks for the answers. I've got one more question- when is Adachi supposed to be available? I just finished the August dungeon and I've only been able to get to rank 2.

He goes back and forth between being available at night and day. During the day he's at Junes, at night he's in the south of the shopping district.

You can't spend time with him if someone's in the TV.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Yeah, I didn't like the new voice at first but once I got used to it it grew on me. She still has the occasional reading that's too shrill/shouty, but she's good and fits the character better.

e: Although yeah, it's funny to hear her coming off of Virtue's Last Reward.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Volt Catfish posted:

I honestly cannot -really- tell the difference between Riegal and Wittenberg's Teddies. If you had told me his voice actor was different a couple weeks ago I'd call you a loving liar.

Also who was NewChie in VLR? Because no bells are being rung here...

Yeah, Riegal is a dead-ringer for Wittenberg. I can't tell the difference except for the very occasional time where he'll deliver a line differently then I remember.

NewChie was Quark in VLR.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Snix posted:

I've been reading that the Valentines event is depressing if you have a harem (I.E. CANON YU RUN.) So, with female S.links, is there a way to max them without romancing them? If that link isn't maxed yet, is there a way I can unromance it? And while I'm at it, I just completed Void Quest but haven't activated Kanji's S.link yet. Is there something in particular I'm supposed to do? And can I still access the T.V. world during the added time at the end of the game?

It's easy to max them without romancing, the game will give you a prompt right before a choice that will lead to you going out with a girl. Choose the obvious non-romantic option and the link will continue with some slight changes to account for the fact you're not dating.

Kanji's link is activated by talking to a girl in the practice building, who'll talk about bullies or something. Talk to Kanji on the first floor of the school after that to initiate his link.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Nah, he avoided that. My guess is that [snip]

e: I was wrong, edited to avoid a needless spoiler.

Cake Attack fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Dec 3, 2012

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Yes, it happened to me, although Chest Keys are easy to come by now anyways.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Strange Quark posted:

How long do I have to do the Jester link? It's still sitting at 2 in September which kind of worries me.

It needs to be Rank 6 by 11/2.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Strange Quark posted:

Argh. Is there a list somewhere of the link's availability? I haven't been seeing him around when I check Junes.

For ranks 3, 4 and 5, he's found at the gas station at night. It's still fairly inconsistent, he can't be linked with when someone's in the TV, and even then it seems fairly random.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Is it possible to catch the River Guardian on cloudy days in January (like how you could catch it on cloudy days in December in vanilla P4)?

e: Yup, you can.

Cake Attack fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Dec 4, 2012

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Cirosan posted:

Are there any special requirements to getting to see the epilogue besides just reaching the True Ending? One source says that you need to be in a romance with Marie, while others say that reaching the True Ending and also clearing Marie's dungeon will suffice.

I didn't romance Marie and still got the Epilogue, but I did clear her dungeon.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Holy hell, does marie's boss music unlock? That was awesome. I'm tempted to make a whole other save file just so I can listen to it again if need be.

It's from the Nevermore: Reincarnation album. Here's the song on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0KGRjTIa7I

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Shouldn't it be December? I don't think she's available in January/February. Unless maxing it in December caused that to change.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Moriveth posted:

I just went with the music club because I'd seen most of the drama club from Giant Bomb's endurance run.

I'm not a creeper, I swear.

I've just been running through Yukiko's dungeon getting quest items. It's really satisfying to be able to run through the levels so quickly (though I still fight Shadows so I can get money).

Any tips for dealing with money hands at early levels? I always end up wasting far too much SP on them and they run away before I can kill them.

Early game your best bet for the Money hands is to have Chie use Rebellion/Revolution, and then just pray for a crit.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Tam Lin resists Fire and Physical, which should probably be enough to defend against Yukiko and Chie. Naoto's more unpredictable, but unless he uses Megidola he shouldn't do too much damage.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

OmegaZultan posted:

Can I get both guardians In the winter and if so what are their weather conditions?

Yes, and cloudy.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

If you're talking about why Yu is amazing you've got to post the King's Game scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSMCDlMJSvc

Also, Naoto actually sounds like a guy in Japanese, who woulda thunk?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Captain Tolerable posted:

I've been meaning to say, awhile back I made a Yaksini because of the forecast, and I have been getting bunch of shuffles and not to mention skillups for it, and luck with the cards that improve abilities. Is there any reason I should gear towards another Persona? Am I playing this wrong for using a low level Persona up to the much higher levels because of how good its stats have gotten?

You can get by for a while, but base level factors into calculations, and some powerful skills you won't get by magician arcana cards, so you'll want to fuse again.

Not immediately, you can easily get through two dungeons on one persona of it's really good, but eventually.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

Man I don't know what I did wrong but the Shadow Teddie fight took me about a billion years. I didn't see the weakness thing at all so I figure I messed up my personas but still ugh.

Nah, he's just one of a couple bosses that are gigantic slogs. Nothing to do but work through it.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

King of Solomon posted:

Your most recent save is a couple days before the choice, but you can speed through them pretty quickly with the event skip option. It's not too out of the way.

It's easier than that just save while you're talking to be people in the shopping district about the murders and if they've seen anybody suspicious. The choice is in the scene at Aya right after you do that. Less than 5 minutes will be stuff you've already seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

PureRok posted:

This game has new battle music? I've put about 40 hours into it and I don't think I've heard any new music yet.

The main battle theme is new.

• Locked thread