Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

PLANES CURE TOWERS posted:

Ending spoiler:

For the accomplice ending, all you need to do is select 'join him' when you visit Adachi by yourself, right?

The choice for the accomplice ending happens when you decide he's the culprit in the scene outside of Aiya

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

I usually switched between teams of Yosuke/Chie/Yukiko and Naoto/Kanji/Teddie. I'd probably would have tried having Yosuke and Teddie together more often because Junes Bomber is hilarious but I didn't like having two people with the same weakness.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

AG3 posted:

Naoto has the coolest critical animation though. That counts for a lot!

Kanji's is pretty awesome too.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Parker Lewis posted:

I picked up that cheap Persona 3 Portable a few weeks ago and have been playing through that before I take on P4G.

I was really loving it for the first few hours but now I'm getting a little burnt out. Am I supposed to be able to run through all of the available tower floors in one night or is that only possible because I'm playing on Easy?

After the full moon I'm going in and clearing out the entire dungeon in one session until I hit the next barrier, and then I spend a whole lot of time just doing [social event] -> [study before sleep] day after day.

This doesn't feel right, am I doing something wrong? Once in a while my party members tell me we should go to the tower, but I've already cleared it out days ago. Did I break the game by making it too easy?

There's really no reason not to just clear your way to the next barrier in a single night. Though you're gonna want to wait to do it just before the next full moon (about two days prior) instead of right after the previous one because (I'm not sure you reached that point yet) Elizabeth/Theo will call you occasionally and tell you about people who've gone missing and are trapped in Tartarus. You have to rescue them before the next full moon or they'll die.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Shadow Junpei is terrifying. :stonk:

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Hell, if you watched the anime first before playing the game you might have actually been surprised by the revelation that Naoto's a girl since Mary McGlynn does a way more convincing boyish voice than the actress in the game does.

Wiseblood fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Sep 2, 2013

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Double post

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

ApplesandOranges posted:

Naoto's a lot better than in the original, because now access to all six elements is possible, and the Persona has no weaknesses. The flipside is that there isn't really a skill to hit multiple opponents except for physical attacks, which you have better characters for (Chie, Yukiko, even Yosuke).

Mahamaon and Mamudoon. :colbert:

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Besides the gameplay improvements I liked the story better and find the characters WAY more likeable in Persona 4.

Though Persona 3 does have Koromaru which is a huge point in its favor.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Iceclaw posted:

That's actually something that's missing to P3/P4: a fight against another persona group, with equal numbers on each side, each with their own movesets and elemental affinities.

And pathetically easy to defeat.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

And then a huge anti climax when you one shot them with a mind charged Ragnarok. (Which would technically be two shots I guess...)

EDIT: Honestly all the story related bosses (even the final boss) were way too easy in P3. The guardians were the only fights to pose any real challenge.

Wiseblood fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Nov 13, 2013

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Suspicious Cook posted:

They missed a real opportunity for a new character whose shadow represents his crippling gambling problem.

His boss fight would basically be the Fortune fight from Persona 3.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Dehry posted:

It better not be a Teddie bear giveaway

What if they were made of 100% pure Teddie fur?

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

I'm guessing in the English dub Johnny Yong Bosch is gonna give him that weird squeaky voice he used in the anime.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

ApplesandOranges posted:

Failing that, have Yosuke Sukakaja Chie and use Rampage, you should be able to land at least one or two hits on them, hopefully critting them and getting a One More or All Out Attack.

It's weird, I thought Chie learned Apt Pupil at some point but I can't find it in her skill lists. Might be my imagination, or the wiki's outdated and I can't be bothered checking my own game.

She learns Apt Pupil at 33. The wiki has her learning Bufula at 33, but that's an S.Link skill now.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Captain Oblivious posted:

Yukiko becomes hilariously, retardedly strong when she gets her P4G unique fire spell.

Goddamn girl. Just god drat.

And if you take her on 5 bike rides she gets fuckin' Mind Charge on top of that.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAefGu7EIOk

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Danbri posted:

...the best.

I know this is crazy, but I thought original Teddie was a little too dry in places. Teddie should be constantly full of WAY too much energy, and Sam Riegel nails it.

On the other hand, Dave Wittenberg's Shadow Teddie was WAY better. He sounded so sinister compared to Reigel who basically just did a super deep voice.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

I did like that one of her "poems" was basically a lovely rap song.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

This is the only good thing about Marie's optional dungeon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyNanTAsU3s

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Suspicious Cook posted:

If you've played Fire Emblem: Awakening, I think she did Lucina as well.

That's Laura Bailey (Rise).

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

At least he hasn't heard Japanese Teddie/Kuma's voice yet.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Rise goes back to being an idol and is immediately disgraced when people find out she's Yu's girlfriend.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

BearDrivingTruck posted:

So in general, how useful are skills that inflict status ailments? I've always passed them up in Vanilla, but am I missing out on anything?

The only one I ever got much use out of is confusion (panic in Golden).

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Endorph posted:

Not to mention the fact that in Mass Effect you're a superior officer to all these people, while in Persona you're just some kid who's in the same school as them.

In ME3 there's dialog to hit on Joker at one point as female Shepard and he's the only one to point out how inappropriate that is. Joker, the guy who wants to gently caress a robot.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

I don't remember them even pulling the "I'm your shadow" trick with Yu at all.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

What are you guys talking about? The Persona 3 MC was voiced by Laura Bailey. :colbert:

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

When you trigger Chie's follow up attack on a boss it's actually a different attack called Galaxy Kick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Apparently Marie's title in Ultimax is "Tsundere Poet of the Hollow Forest".

• Locked thread