Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

You make my korokoro go dokidoki.
Does anyone have the URL to those screensavers you can use along with the cover that came with the game? I remember someone posted it either here or on the Vita thread a while ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

Sex_Ferguson posted:

I don't even understand how SOS actually works, like I've pressed the button and sent help, but what has it actually done?

You press the button, other player gets free health and sp. You press SOS to also recieve free boosts from other players. It's like one big circle-jerk. :v:

There's no reason not to do it between every fight other than the annoying little alarm that goes off every time.

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

Oh, man.

I was looking at my rescue request log and one person had the best message ever.

This guy had a picture of Nanako with the text reading "Every Day's Great At the Meat Dimension."

TheLoser fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Nov 26, 2012

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

Speedball posted:

In Marie's third-level S.Link they bring up the fact that Chie always wears green. And then she goes clothes shopping and inadvertently keeps picking out green outfits. Ahahaha.

Even better: She has some kind of subconscious attraction to the colors that make green together.

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

Speedball posted:

OH, man, can you imagine the kind of stuff Dojima's shadow would say or do?

I'm picturing it looking like a wild and carefree surfer dude.

His shadow would probably end up resenting having to take Nanako or some such. It would probably be the single most :smith: dungeon/boss ever.

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Question about the custom difficulty:

You can't do the optional boss on NG+ if you choose Easy right? So how does the game factor in the different settings for whether you can fight the boss or not? (Maybe you can fight the boss on easy and I'm wrong)

Edit: They made the superboss get 2 turns in a row, which also means the time limit for the battle is cut in half... I don't think I'll be getting that trophy

I'd like to know this as well. I'm interested in just blasting through NG+ just for the sake of rushing through every fight and to try max out each S. Link.

edit: How do sentences, work, again?

TheLoser fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Dec 2, 2012

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

Schubalts posted:

It even has a chance of inflicting Rage, if I remember correctly.

If i were hit by a bus stop sign, I'd be pretty enraged as well.

My only real complaint about this game so far is that there's just too many good things for my teammates to learn. Social links give your buddy additional skills and its just too hard to pick the 10 moves I want them to have. :negative:

TheLoser fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Dec 14, 2012

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

Sankis posted:

I fished up a gun.

The Japanese coast is their equivalent to the Hudson, I guess.

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

Liquid Penguins posted:

Should I just stop using the sos or is there actually a point to it?

It's free health/sp. There's literally no reason not to use it.

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

Liquid Penguins posted:

It makes every battle last 15 seconds longer for 5hp/3mp which in my bizarro world is way too long to be worth it. Unless, of course, I'm missing something.

Amounts gained change in proportion to your max hp/sp and the number of people who respond to your signal. If you get two or three people onboard, the gains can be pretty massive.

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

So apparently Nanako gives you the paper armband earlier in the game than in vanilla. I ranked first in the July finals and she gave it to me. Now I have MC with a fully leveled Black Frost with +5 to all stats. Shadow Mitsuo didn't even stand a chance.

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

I think they made the guardian(s) easier to catch since they didn't have a rumble feature to use. I caught both on my first try. I have no idea how I'm supposed to carry that thing on my bike to show the old man. That thing's ridiculous.

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

HitmanAndQuitIt posted:

Ghoul is the sauna, and he appears semi-regularly for me.

And do the girlfriends have any benefits? In my original playthrough I think I romanced Rise, but that was a long time ago. Does it only change story?

It only affects how you interact with them outside of the main story. All of their persona/social link benefits will stay the same whether you stay friends or romance them.

There's supposed to be a very bad moment on Valentine's Day if you date more than one girl. I'm doing my usual process of pretending to be a playa womanizer just so the game can kick me out of the habit for my NG+.

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

Ok the void dungeon boss is totally loving stupid. I spend so much time and SP dealing with his fear and exhaustion poo poo that I can't do enough damage to him. When I finally break his main thing he just rebuilds it in two turns so I can get maybe one attack in because everyone else is trying to dispell the fear so he doesn't instant kill my party. I'm on my last day (I think?) and I don't have enough SP regeneration things to last even half the fight if I don't use teddie's energy shower to dispell the exhaustion.

The fight is so long and not fun at all.

Teddie's energy shower can be helpful for that fight. I usually just replace Yukiko for him in that fight. He knows mediarama right away and can act as a decent multi-purpose character.

If you haven't already, fuse Black Frost and level him up to get Agidyne. Mind Charge+Agidyne=Unstoppable.

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

Nessa posted:

Yosuke - June 22

Of all the characters, I had to share a birthday with the stupid homophobe. If it weren't for the fact that Yosuke's a typical teenager and naturally that stupid, I would hate the fact that the guy's supposed to be your best friend.

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

Zetta_Slow posted:

Is there any point of me doing quests in NG+? I finished them on my fist play through and I was wondering if I need them to face Margaret or to get additional costumes?

They're only useful for money and items, really. The game doesn't really punish you for not doing them.

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

You guys weren't kidding about Valentine's Day.

The worst was probably Yukiko. She asks if you're serious about being in a relationship with her and then immediately apologizes and blames herself. :smith:

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

There's nothing better in NG+ than introducing early bosses to a charged up Yoshitsune.

edit: Careful about spoilers.

TheLoser fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Dec 27, 2012

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

Sankis posted:

Aside from asking Chie for her phone number, are there any dialog options that require NG+?

There's also one for asking Yukiko for her number and eating Mystery Food X.

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

The killer should just be whoever you say it is. My first choice would be Nanako every time.

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

Captain McStabbin posted:

So I've been playing for a while and I didn't think I was too under leveled at the low to mid seventies for Izanami's dungeon. Then I got to the boss and managed to clear her, only to be immediately thrown into another boss fight? How are you supposed to keep your team mates alive for the final megidolaon spam before she switches? My party was set up with Chie dealing physical damage, Naoto on magic damage, Yukiko switching between burning leaves and healing, with me bouncing back and forth between doing damage with Tam Lin and healing with Raphael. Honestly, I just don't see how you're supposed to fight a second boss immediately afterwards, considering you can't really buy SP-recovery items. I've heard that Yoshitsune is good for the fight, but I'm wondering if it would be worth the grind, seeing has how I haven't seen a whole lot of golden hands.

Great game though, and I'm really looking forward to new game+.

You want to keep a soma or two around because the final boss can be a bit of marathon (although not nearly as bad as the final boss in P3.) Try fusing a persona that knows debilitate; it's almost necessary to beat the boss on your first go. I know Trumpeter can be pretty useful in that fight.

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

Does anyone know of it's possible to ctach the Guardian during the winter? I swear, it wouldn't show up during the foggy days and now it won't show when it's snowing. I wanted to complete all quests and now I can't give Daidara a fish for him to create his masterpiece :(

edit: It took quite a bit of patience, but I got it eventually.

TheLoser fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Jan 5, 2013

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

Neeksy posted:

Took me forever, but I finally encountered and beat The Reaper during my first trip to Heaven(?).

Do you get anything other than a trophy and kickass sword, like a key item for summoning? Not that I'm complaining about the sword.

If you keep beating him, he'll continue dropping the best weapons for the rest of your party. Not worth the effort, in my opinion.

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

There's nothing worse than going through NG+ cleaning up everything and then accidentally locking yourself out of the bonus boss. :negative:

That will teach me for making assumptions on how this game works.

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

End game stuff:

You have to max Margaret's social link and beat the optional boss in Heaven before the final day. Right after getting the orb from Igor, you have to immediately go back to the velvet room to talk to Margaret. That's when she'll request to see you. Like an idiot, I talked to Izanami and went straight to the TV world and SAVED like an idiot. Now talking to Margaret won't accomplish anything.

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

If you don't play the game using all of your party members without getting a lot of status ailments, the trophy's virtually impossible.

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

cheesetriangles posted:

Spoilers for end game contained. So I got the true ending and read Adachi's letter but I didn't see anything pop up to say I had maxed the social link. I had it at level 6 before Nanako got kidnapped. Am I missing something? My NG+ doesn't have an item for it either.

You missed your chance to level up further.

Without spoilers. In December, the game will ask if you want to go visit him in the middle of the story. You must have skipped it.

e: fb

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

I played my first run of P4G on Normal thinking it would be like my first run of the game years ago. Dead wrong.

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

Once you fuse Yoshitsune, you have pretty much won the game. The final boss goes down after a handful of power charged Hassou Tobi's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

Wiseblood posted:

Apparently Marie's title in Ultimax is "Tsundere Poet of the Hollow Forest".

As it should be. :colbert:

• Locked thread