Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

Tagging the streets and humming the bassline.
I got this and Playstation All-Stars yesterday, and I'm almost ashamed to say I put more time into Battle Royale. Granted, I didn't really have 2 hours in one shot to put into this game, but I can say that it looks really good. New Chie is fine too, all of you people are crazy. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

Beat Shadow Yosuke, finally. Shoji Meguro's score really helps these scenes, and it's good to know I've finally started this game. Only a hundred more hours to go! :woop:

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

Tried fighting the optional boss in Yukiko's dungeon. That went a little less than well. Glad they made the new restart from last floor option. I would have hated to lose all of my progress getting there.

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

Bubba77 posted:

Im level 18 and he always uses rampage on his second turn which I can not survive. Im guessing Fire is his weakness since his first move is to shield himself from it. Any tips?

He absorbs fire, that's just to trick you :ssh:

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

Is there a trick to making Arcana cards appear in Shuffle Time? Is that connected to your Social Links? I haven't seen a single Magician card yet, and I just finished Kanji's dungeon.

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

poo poo. My luck is terrible in this game too. You would not believe how many times in a row the sweep bonus hosed me out of half my experience points.

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

Pollyanna posted:

Who's non-anime Naoto, then?

No one knows! :tinfoil:

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

Okay, so I just made it to the Secret Laboratory, so I'm a little far off the Christmas event, but when I get there, if I finish that dungeon before Christmas, I'm locked out of hanging with any of my max S-Link characters? Am I just reading into this incorrectly, or is that what actually happens?

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

Oh! Okay, thanks for the quick answers. I'll keep that in mind when I get closer to there.

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

Oh my god, the quizzes are both the best thing and the bane of my existance. Stop answering so many questions. Chie!

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

I got roped into being in a relationship with Rise because I didn't want to feel like an rear end in a top hat for just standing there, but I was already in one with Chie. I sure can't wait until Valentine's Day! :suicide:

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

Man, I don't know what happened, but after having way too much trouble in Void Quest and Secret Laboratory, the November dungeon was like nothing for me.

Those Golden Hands popping up all over the place probably helped a lot though. Holy poo poo there was so many.

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

Doing the battles in this after you get Rise is a little... odd? Yeah, let's go with that. With all the sexual poo poo in this game, you think I would be able to tolerate the smallest things. I can take the dominatrix shadow, I can even take the technicolour stripper. The thing is, Rise has a line where if I hit an enemy's weakness, she'll sometimes say how I "really get her going" and it just makes me feel weird.

It's just ice magic, Rise. Christ.

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

Endorph posted:

I think she's just messing around? I mean she goes "That's hot!" if you hit an enemy who's weak to fire magic. What teenager hasn't made some dumb sex jokes? It's not like she's literally propositioning you.

That's true, and like I said, I'm okay with all of the weird sexual stuff in this game. It's just kind of weird when right after I hit an enemy's weak spot she decides to flirt with me via a line that could be taken extremely sexually, even if it isn't. (Mostly because once you learn a weakness, you never stop exploiting it, so I hear that line a lot.)

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

Rascyc posted:

Spoilers: half of Rise's lines are sexual (may be a slight exaggeration).

But yeah the karaoke room (or whatever) scene will probably blow your mind.

I'm just past the November dungeon. I know what you're talking about. Either way, this game is great and holy poo poo, Golden Hands can make you so overpowered it's not even funny.

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

Seriously, I know the canon couple is MC/Rise and all, but could they have at least picked a better time to decide that? Me comforting a sad person like a good person probably would makes me their lover, but if I don't I stand there like a moronic rear end in a top hat. The fact that they added a new event to make you feel like an rear end in a top hat for having multiple girlfriends is even worse, because if you go with anyone, odds are you're going to be with Rise as well, but if you aren't then you're missing out on really good skills for her in the dungeons, or being an rear end in a top hat to her. I have nothing against Rise as a character or anything, it's just the way you're roped into that is a pain in the rear end.

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

Wait, how did you get a time skip after Heaven? Did you get a bad ending or something?

Also, unless I'm wrong, you should have until February to max her link.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

Really Pants posted:

Why does Dojima hold his coat over his shoulder, even when it's raining and he's carrying an umbrella in the other hand?

You dare ask my buddy, Brojima such a silly question?

(alternate answer: I don't know, I guess because it looks cool and it's kind of a detective stereotype to smoke and carry your coat over your shoulder)

• Locked thread