Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Ramagamma posted:

The game I almost bought a Vita for. Can't justify it though since I'm still sitting around July in the PS2 one. I had no idea they changed the voice actors for Golden though, that's kind a bummer.

They only changed Teddie and Chie, I haven't heard them in Golden yet but it wasn't THAT bad in the fighting game.

Also since I'm sure "I want this game but I don't want a Vita" is gonna pop up in this thread a lot here are some Vita Facts:
  • You can get a Vita bundled with Assassin's creed+memory card for $200 in a lot of places now. Previously it was $250+Games+Memory card. Keep an eye on deals in your region these holidays.

• If you have Playstation Plus you get Uncharted, Gravity Rush, Wipeout and some other stuff for free. If you have PS+ on the PS3 you automatically get all this if you bought a Vita, if you don't it's $50 a year. It's $120 worth of games, it'll keep you busy for a while.

• It's better at playing PSP games than the PSP was, the screen is bigger but keeps the aspect ratio and it looks great. You can get PSP versions of Persona 1, 2, and 3 (I think it's currently only $10) on the PSN and play them on a Vita. A lot of people completely skipped the PSP and there's some good stuff that is now pretty cheap on there.

• As of the latest firmware it's great for playing PS1 games too, I bought FF9 on the PS3 and never got around to playing it so I transferred it to the Vita and beat it there.

• On top of the PSP/PS1 library it's actually seen a lot of releases this past couple of months, there's a nice library of games on there although there are a lot of ports of console games.

• NOBODY ELSE HAS PERSONA 4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I just noticed that in addition to getting -Dyne spells of every element, Naoto is the only party member with no weaknesses (Weaknesses stay when you rank up in Golden, even at the new ranks).

Looks like they really want people to try out new parties, but on the other hand Chie and Yukiko get Hama and Mudo now too.

I'm gonna do Teddie/Naoto/Kanji just because my team last time was the complete opposite.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Nate RFB posted:

What? Really? Ugh, that really bothers me for some reason. Is there at least a way now to equip an item to negate a certain element like in P3?

Well now what happens is at Rank 10 instead of the new Persona having no weakness they get Evade *Weakness* skills, but I'm assuming they take up one of the now very limited skill slots.

Also Yukiko and Teddie both get the Evade skills when they never lost their weakness before so it's a bit of a buff to them.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Oh my god why did nobody mention this game has optional "TV channels" on the main menu that:

Have a jukebox channel
Have a channel explaining the jungian psychology between actual terms like "Persona" and "Shadow"
Have live videos of a concert where they perform persona soundtracks hahahaha

I guess it updates eventually with cutscenes you see and stuff

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I like Chie's new voice :shobon: I never liked the old voice though.

Volt Catfish posted:

It's not GOTY unless they made Naoto viable.

Did...did they?

I haven't gotten that far yet but looking at the changes in the OP they did. Naoto has no weaknesses (everyone else keeps a weakness now), gets the skill that evades every element, can learn every -Dyne spell and Mind Charge, gets Heat Riser (raises every stat on a character), now gets the spells that can reflect a physical or magic attack, and since the spells are all mana heavy gets passive MP regen.

Seems alright!

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Schubalts posted:

Finally get to sit down and play, and Yu Narukami fits the name spaces. Man, picking a name was so much easier this time :v:

Yeah I did the same thing, I want to get back to the P4 Arena story mode after this and it would be weird to see him changing names again

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

New stuff question:

I got the fishing rod, but when can I catch my own bugs instead of stealing them from kids? Also the patch next to my house is obviously for gardening but I can't interact with it yet. I'm about to start dungeon 2.

HiKaizer posted:

It took me mucking around with the voice feature to realise you can go to Aiya at night. This is pretty awesome. Also I'm one of the Yuu people, it's pretty amusing when people go "Hey Yuu." :v:

Battles are much easier then when I started to play this on Hard on my PS2 this year though. I decided to go through on Normal mode. It's a refreshing change I guess, but I'll be playing a harder difficulty on NG+ for sure.

In a weird twist Aiya is actually closed at night if it's raining. No double rainy day beef bowls :(

New players should know that Rainy Days change your schedule a lot. Lots of S.Links aren't available if it's raining, different rare enemies pop up in dungeons that can unlock totally optional equipment, the Aiya diner sells a Rainy Day bowl that boosts ALL of your stats.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

4/29 (morning)- Showa Day:

Into TV
Into TV
Into TV
Ate at Aiya
Ate at Aiya
Into TV
Ate at Aiya
Into TV
Into TV
Ate at Aiya
Went straight home

I hope it's the same guy who went straight home the first day he could go into the TV :allears:
One of my friends did that the first time he played P4. "I just need to get to the next dungeon this other stuff doesn't do anything right I'll just sleep every day"

Also I forgot how much of a bummer Nanako can be, it's comical. "Hey Nanako I bet your mom is..." "SHE DIED"

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

W.T. Fits posted:

They show up both in battle and in the dungeon.

Also your party members comment on them if you talk to them inside dungeons.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

You can garden without taking up time, if you just never maintain it. You still get S Link bonuses for harvesting and replanting too. The plants do stuff like take you out of dungeons or give SP so it's definitely worth paying attention to. I'm assuming the ones you get later will do some good stuff.

Maintaining your garden makes stuff ready for harvest faster and increases how much you get.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

DrManiac posted:

[e] This is the first vita game I played that didn't have the ugly rear end system default save screen.

I think that was a Sony requirement for a while, off the top of my head Nier on the 360 had a cool looking journal to save your game and the PS3 version was the ugly system screen. This is relevant because one of the endings goes through your saves and deletes them and it's a lot cooler to see the journal entries fade away than seeing DELETING PLEASE WAIT.

W.T. Fits posted:

Then again, I may have been slightly overleveled since I went back and redid the castle to get Yukiko's special weapon before clearing the bathhouse in the same day.

I just unlocked Kanji and he's level 25. My highest character was either 19 or 20.

I could tell I was behind when all the fusion forecasts told me stuff like "Fuse *this guy you will not have for 4 levels*" but I didn't want to waste time leveling the characters I'm not gonna use.

I forgot how long it takes to get your whole party too, I just got Kanji and swapped out Chie, and I'll swap out Yukiko for the next party member but if I remember correctly there's a couple more dungeons before you get the last member so I'm gonna have Yosuke sticking around for a while, so I might as well level him.

The game just feels wrong when you ignore the Yosuke/Yukiko/Chie S.Links, I remember why I used them all first time through. You see them so much the S.Links feel like part of the actual story.

Strange Quark posted:

Physical skills tend to better in boss fights since bosses usually don't have any bosses to exploit and physical skills are on average stronger than magical ones.

Light physical attacks like Cleave have a base power of about 130 while Agi/Bufu/Zio/Garu are all 80.

Yeah for such a mechanics-heavy game it's really weird that they don't break down the numbers for you. "Small amount of physical damage" can be anywhere from 120 > 200, and some that say "Small amount" are actually multi-hit so they can do more than the moderate damage skills.

Also they all have different critical hit rates, something I didn't know until I looked up the numbers just now.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

OmegaZultan posted:

Holy poo poo they make you feel like the biggest fucker if you have multiple girlfriends on Valentine's day.

How the hell did you get to Feb 14 already

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

VarrosAnon posted:

Just started playing this, after getting my white AC Vita on Friday. I played like a week of FES, but I'm liking this a lot more. Feels more... thoughtful? The translators just did a better job on localizing this on a deeper level, I think. I do have a question though - should I be worried about using too many items? I used one when fighting Shadow Yosuke- not too much of a spoiler but I don't want to ruin it for anyone and had to use a medicine. I know it's a small deal, but I just want to make sure when it comes to items I won't screw myself over in the first dungeon or anything.

Yeah this game has excellent localization, it manages to remind you you're in Japan without having all the awkwardness from a bad Japanese translation.

Don't worry about using items, that's what they're there for. I've played P4 before and still had to use a lot of healing items in the first several dungeons.

Anyway you want to use stuff like Medicine and Value Medicine early - they only heal 100 HP which is great early on but eventually not worth it. They also make the early game way more manageable, Value Medicine in particular is the only way to full heal your party early on. Even the stuff that stays useful all game like Revival Beads is still worth using because later on it's trivial to buy 30 of them if you need to.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

OmegaZultan posted:

Beat the game. I really loved all the new stuff tho I didn't get a chance to do the Adachi link.

Highlights of the new stuff for me are The Rock Band scene, the Beach scene, the ski trip, and the new epilogue

New dungeon was interesting, had a tricky boss.

I didn't care much for the Marie S-Link but the eventual payoff in the end of the game was worth it.

Oh and it took me 57 hours to beat the game with a party of Chie, Yosuke and Yukiko each sporting their new ultimate personas and MC using Yohitsune for the most part.
You can start that link really early btw. I've read some weird stuff on how you're supposed to max it though...

And Jesus man I was bedridden all weekend and I still "only" got 15 hours in

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I can't believe I played this game when you lost all progress for dying. I just got a game over and only had to restart a floor but I lost 2 level up persona cards that have my rakshasa auto attack buff, a gold treasure box, and a rainy day monster I didn't have and I'm already annoye.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Len posted:

I forgot how sad it was that Nanakos big dream is to just go to Junes with her dad :smith:
Did you read the cards she wrote in the bamboo thing she brings home around June with her wishes and what she's thankful for? I think it's new to Golden.

Nanako continues to be the most depressing thing

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Sex_Ferguson posted:

Also, question. Adachi seems to stop actually letting you advance his S. Link at points, the game'll say stuff like "Let the investigation advance and try again then" and I'm assuming that basically means more of his S. Link is unlocked with story progression?

I think that actually comes up if you haven't cleared the current dungeon yet. At least that's what it looks like to me, I was using the Voice feature to check what other players were doing and they were able to do S.Links with guys I couldn't, your party members will sometimes lose S. Link opportunities because they have the prompt that they want to go into the TV instead. If you beat the dungeon early those prompts won't come up and they'll be free.

In Adachi's case I guess it's possible that I had just maxed it out at the current point and other players hadn't but I assumed it was a dungeon thing.

The voice feature makes me second-guess myself :v: WHY CAN EVERYONE DO LINKS WITH AI MY COURAGE IS STILL TOO LOW AM I BEHIND

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Cirosan posted:

A question, if I may. I played through the original Persona 4 and my copy of Golden is due to arrive in the next day or two. I've skimmed over most of the new features, but I'm still kind of unclear on how exactly the SOS mechanic works in terms of finding people.

Does the SOS feature only work if you have people on your friend list? Does the game just check for players on the same floor as you? Is the PSN even involved, or can you just have nobody registered as a friend and still get help?

It randomly sends it out to other players. I don't think they even have to be in the same dungeon, just in any dungeon at the time.

You click SOS in between battles. Someone randomly gets a popup and can click "Assist". You get a boost in your next battle to HP and SP depending how many people assisted. It's only from when you click to your next battle, you have to SOS after every battle if you want constant help.

It's a small boost but if you do it every single battle it adds up (I get annoyed so I don't)

Laex posted:

How do you trigger combo attacks? I keep getting the Yukiko and Chie one at random and I wonder if there's any way to control it.

If you do an All Out Attack and there are still enemies left you can do a Combo Attack.

It will only activate if you have the following in your party:

Chie+Yukiko
Kanji+Naoto
Yosuke+Teddie

So you can only have 1 potential combo attack at any one time and depending on your party there might not be any.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Laex posted:

Regarding SOS, it can get hilariously overpowered, I don't know wether its just a random chance or it gets more powerful if you let it run without engaging combat for a while but I was getting something like 40-50 health and SP at Yukiko's castle :shobon:

It keeps requesting until you get into a battle or change floors I think, so yeah if you SOS and wait 10 minutes you could have enough people that said yes to give you lots of HP and SP. Also I noticed it's % based so if you're level 50 and go back to Yukiko's castle you get more than you used to while mashing Rush through enemies.

You can game it if you're patient.

THE AWESOME GHOST fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Nov 26, 2012

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I told a friend to play through P3P, he thought it was alright but he's in love with P4. I think it's mainly the dialogue, it's a lot funnier, better written and acted than P3.

Compared to the original P4 Golden feels easier in some ways and harder in others. A lot more of the random shadow battles were kicking my rear end on normal, I definitely don't remember the first dungeon already having guys that can hit your weaknesses but that don't have weaknesses themselves. Also I don't know how much extra time they added but there's so much additional poo poo to do (even at night) that it feels like it's gonna balance out. I don't have time for you Kanji I gotta ride scooters

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Axle_Stukov posted:

They actually just redid this fight from the ground up. Her HP is about double what it used to be now, and both her and the prince have some different moves. Overall it's more on par for being the boss of the first dungeon.

Yeah it actually makes sense now, the difficulty curve in P4 on PS2 was basically a \ shape.

You can always play on Hard :v:

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Gyre posted:

I've really warmed up to Chie's new VA. She can be a little loud but for the end of her S. Link and any romantic stuff she's really good. There's just the right mix of hesitancy, hope, and dorkiness. I really wasn't planning on doing Chie for romance again since I did her in the original P4 but the VA nailed the "I want to protect you" line so hard I decided to roll with her again.

Which is really to my detriment since I feel too guilty to go the pimp route, but eh, that's life.

Dredging this up from two pages back, but what did Nanako wish for in your game? I have a sneaking suspicion it's different depending on what you wish for, because her's were hardly depressing in my game. I wrote "I hope to play with Nanako more" or something like that, and the wishes on the tree from her were something like "I hope dad doesn't get hurt" and "I want to spend more time with big bro".

I wrote the same thing as you and one of hers was something like I'm so happy I finally have a big bro which I guess could be seen as happy but I saw it more as she was living her life up to this point in crushing loneliness. Maybe I'm just assuming everything she says is sad so I read it that way. Hearing W...Welcome Back When her dad comes home drunk, going from her usual cheery tone to wariness was like watching someone's childhood end before your eyes

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Is there any way to bring the +Exp weapons with you to NG+?

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Dr. Ohnoman posted:

Between him and Ose, the Void Quest dungeon was an absolute cakewalk. Black Frost's Mind Charge + Fire Amp + Agidyne just wrecks the boss, and when they eventually used Red Wall it was time for Power Charge + Atom Smasher. :black101:

A charged-up Atom Smasher can also kill a golden hand in one turn if they're enraged. If they're not, they still lose half their health.

You can get Power Charge/Atom Smasher earlier than Ose if you get Oni (Strength) but Power Charge is his last skill.

I accidentally fused one in Dungeon 2 and I'm at the boss of Dungeon 3 and still using him. No weaknesses, immune to fire, resists physical, a lot of strong physical attacks for how early you get him, Power Charge, and Endure.

Weirdly enough I'm about to beat Dungeon 3 and I'm not a high enough level to fuse Black Frost, the first time I played P4 I had him at the beginning of that dungeon.

OmegaZultan posted:

Oh man, I just found out you can alter the variables of difficulty in NG+. You can pick between the standard diffs or create your own custom difficulty and control how much damage you do/recieve, how much money and exp you gain, and how retries are balanced.

Max damage given/taken, let the war of attrition begin. :getin:

This is actually awesome. Basically set it to max Gold and EXP but make the enemies tougher so stuff just happens faster.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

They took away save points because now if you get a game over you can always restart a floor and bosses have their own floors. I don't know if you can still do this on very hard.

Also have they tweaked exp gain on normal or am I just getting through dungeons too quickly? I beat the third dungeon and still can't fuse Black Frost. I've been putting off the quests where you revisit and the optional bosses so that could be it too.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Hey did anyone mess around with getting Skill Cards from Chagall Cafe?

1)Is it random which Persona they choose for skill cards? Is it the main one you have equipped, or any currently in your deck?

2)It looks like each Persona always has a specific skill card they give up. Can it be given up even if it's their next skill to be learned? You can see the card symbol and name of the skill in that case so I thought it should work.

I'm wondering how much easier I could make those Margeret requests basically.

I never see people going to Chagall when I check what other people did that day so maybe a lot of people are just ignoring it.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Sex_Ferguson posted:

(Late-Game Spoiler)If you maxed Marie's S. Link then there's more story content in the form of a new dungeon in February, otherwise you're basically just getting some extra days for S. Links.

Oh what the hell I've been ignoring that, didn't realize it was that big of a deal.

If you want to know which S.Link unlocks a new dungeon read that spoiler before you get to the end and realize you missed it.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

commander nojj posted:

Does anyone else find themselves humming/whistling that drat Junes jingle at random throughout their day??

I am officially hooked on this game. I don't like being tied down to a console for RPGs nowadays as I'm a busy person so having the luxury of sleep mode at any time is amazing.

No but I got my wife a gift today and the "cheerful" S. Link music kept playing in my head :v:

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Sex_Ferguson posted:

Spoilers for Jester Max Rank.

Adachi: You're a dumbass.

Amazing.
I read how you get this max rank but do you need to go through with it to count as finishing every S Link for the ultimate Persona? Not sure how that's supposed to play out.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Jester S. Link spoilers:

DON'T CLICK THIS IF YOU DIDN'T BEAT THE GAME

Oh I thought you need to get the new bad ending to max out Jester, didn't know there's more than one way to do it.

Dr Pepper posted:

Teddie wearing the agent set is amazing.

When you're wearing costumes in a dungeon make sure to press square and talk to all your party members about it, they all have unique lines of dialogue for when you wear a costume and when they wear one. The lines seem to change too depending on your party compisition.

There's so much crazy tiny stuff like that you could miss. I had an S.Link with Chie where the guy asks her about Yukiko, I saw them in the dungeon together and Chie brought it up and Yukiko brought up stuff from her own S. Link scenes too. It changes depending on how far in you are and I think if you're dating both of them they bring it up too?

THE AWESOME GHOST fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Nov 29, 2012

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I knew that the Ai and Naoto S. Links can be reversed so I looked up what I had to do to avoid it; I never knew Ai's could be broken completely so that you can't finish it for the rest of the game. Man why are Moon Arcana always the most annoying.

Also I found out why people have been leveling Rise the soonest, she gets WAY more stuff in this than she did in the original (Her skill list in the OP is wrong). She’s been getting upgrades almost every S.Link level and some of it is new.

HiveCommander posted:

4th? you mean Shin Mitsuo Tensei right?
I had the MC at lv50 for that, and the rest of the party was between 46 and 49. I had more trouble with Shadow Teddie, but I was horribly unprepared to fight 2 bosses in a row, especially when Shadow Teddie was capable of hitting 2 of my party member's weaknesses

I beat that dungeon at 37 on Normal :v:

It wasn't easy either, I lost 3 or 4 times and Black Frost really makes that battle easier but is level 38. On the other hand every time I unlock a new party member they're like 5 levels above me so that's cool.

What level does the next one join? I'll see if I can continue the trend of having my main party be higher than the MC

THE AWESOME GHOST fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Nov 29, 2012

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

jtm33 posted:

I just beat Shadow Mitsuo. Quite comfortably too. I'm playing on hard, party members around level 45. He only managed to reform his shell once, and the damage he was doing was just not scary enough. I'm playing on Hard too. The most annoying thing he did was Dekaja, which meant another turn of Matarukaja. Agidyne + Fire amp was useful.

I expected Hard to be a lot more difficult so far, it is only my second playthrough.

Black Frost makes a huge, huge difference in that fight. Also I guess at too low of a level his double Gigadyne just wiped out my whole party before I could heal it, I didn't spend enough time keeping his attack down/my defense up.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Volt Catfish posted:

I thought you could fix broken S Links?

You can fix Reversed S.Links. Ai's actually BREAKS, not reverses. It's possible they changed that I dunno.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Schubalts posted:

What causes her's to break? I've never had it happen.

When you're getting to Rank 9 you can tell her "I think we need to take a break" and she'll never talk to you again

Lord Ephraim posted:

Level 55 I believe. Which by the time I get that character I will probably be level 60 or above.

Seriously, golden hands everywhere. I think their spawn rate skyrockets during thunderstorms. It's the only time I go dungeon sprawling.

drat I wonder if I can beat this at like, 45.

I want the last 3 characters you unlock for my party so there's no point leveling before they join really.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I never knew those stacking rules, thanks. Explains why Oni with resist physical took like, no damage from attacks.

I guess this also means you can overwrite elemental boosts on allies if you want to get them the elemental vows.

Is Invigorate stacking worth it? Naoto learns all 3 ranks so maybe rank 2+3 and the MP cost reducing accessory would make Megido actually worth it.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

The Grimace posted:

Seriously, after playing P4:Arena and this revamped version of P4, I cannot wait to see what Atlus has in store for Persona 5. Golden has seriously been the feel-good game of the decade. It's hard to shut the game off when I constantly think to myself, "just one more day..."

This game is so good, makes me want to actually go finish the P4Arena story mode. I got annoyed that the whole thing was ultimately about a completely new side character related to a P3 character.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

I really hope Persona 5 comes up with a battle system that's not awful.

They made a game for this and it's called every other SMT series

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Endorph posted:

To do a quick summary: Yosuke is a bit of a jack-of-all-trades early on, later on he becomes more of a buffer/nuker.
Chie is a physical damage dealer through and through.
Yukiko is a healer/fire nuker.
Kanji is a lot like Chie in that he's a phys damage dealer but he's a bit beefier than her and his magic is worse.
Teddie can be tuned to do just about anything: Ice magic nuker, healer, buffer. The only role he can't fulfill is phys damage dealer. It's best to focus on two of those things and making him a nuker/healer just makes him a clone of Yukiko but with ice, so basically he can be a nuker/buffer or a healer/buffer. I guess you could tune him to do all three things at once, but I never tried that.
Naoto's in kind of a weird place. Very good at killing random enemies due to having both instant kill elements (and in P4:G, Electric and Ice magic) in dungeons but against bosses the only real option is mind charge + Megidoloan. It does good damage but chews through SP like woah.

That said, the Protag's wild card system means you can use literally any party you like, so long as you shore up your party's blind spot with him. The guy can do such insane damage that making him your healer probably isn't ideal, but you can still do it if you really wanna use Chie/Kanji/Yosuke or whatever.

They've changed Naoto significantly to get every single target Dyne spell if you go on Bike Dates. I have Kanji and Teddie, so I gave Naoto Fire and Wind and every element is covered. Also Invigorate 2+3 so SP isn't as big of a deal for Naoto as it used to be.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I always assumed Kanji was had better magic. He get's -dyne spells, while Chie doesn't go beyond Mabufu and Bufula.
He has the worst magic stat and horrible SP but does get the whole range of skills. He even gets healing skills now on bike dates.

I think Chie can unlock further ice skills now so Kanji is definitely the worst at magic.

Edit: Jesus this band scene is the most anime thing

THE AWESOME GHOST fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Dec 1, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I did Yu Narukami because when I played P4Arena I kept thinking THAT ISN'T HIS NAME until I got used to it.

Meiteron posted:

Maxed my last social link (Temperance) on the first run of a fresh file with exactly one day of free time left before the dead run towards the endgame. :toot:

I'm in end of October (haven't started Heaven event yet) and just realized my Understanding is at like, 3. There's no way I'm raising it fast enough to get the Tutor S.Link finished by the end, I was focusing too much on maxing Expression for Dojimas and Courage for Fortune (Knowledge seems like it gets to max early even if you're not trying).

Tutor is a night link though and I've finished Dojimas and Hospital so you think it's possible to finish it even if I have to raise Understanding first? It's only 3 days a week so I don't know if that's even possible.

I definitely messed up this time through, like I wasted days when an S.Link wouldn't level with someone because I didn't know there was a boosting event coming up.

I also have a feeling I'm going to miss Adachi because I don't get the rules of his S.Link and there's a cutoff where if you aren't high enough it stops leveling.

I haven't even started Hanged Man but he's available 5 times a week so that should be easy to finish up.

I wasn't trying to max everything out but now that I'm realizing it might be possible I'm going to at least try.

• Locked thread