Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

How does Card Shuffle work now? I'm used to the three card monty from P3P. This game's Shuffle just seems to be... pick the card while it's face up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Is Mr. Hosoi supposed to be the Japanese Mr. Garrison?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Dunno if it's been asked a billion times or not, but in the Void Quest dungeon, what floor do I get the key in? I know you gotta fight the Killing Hand. It's just that most walkthroughs say 7th floor, but I can't find it.

Edit: Found it.

Detective No. 27 fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Jan 10, 2013

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Does anyone have the Slink rank up sound effect handy? It would make a fantastic text tone.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'm in the November Dungeon right now. I was told that if I beat the boss, time automatically skips to the last day to save Nanako. Is this true? If so, when's the last day? I figure I should spend as many of those days grinding and leveling up social links as I can.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Looks like she got the dungeons mixed up then. Thanks!

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I bit the bullet and ordered the first part of the Persona 4 anime on blue disc. If I'm at the November dungeon right now, would I be able to watch all of part 1 without spoiling myself?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Nessa posted:

Hope you like the dub!

The Blurays don't have a Japanese language option.

I don't really mind. I'm not a super sperg about these things when it comes to anime. Live action is a different story.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The Grimace posted:

It's never too late to translate Eternal Punishment, Atlus. You hear me?

It's never too late. :(

On one hand, I would really like this. On the other hand, it would break the straight line of sequential Persona games I have on my Vita's home screen.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Ok, it's December, I know about the timeskip if I beat the dungeon. My confidant says that the optimal day to beat it on is December 22nd, but he played it on PS2. I assume the day is the same on The Golden. In that case, is December my final chance to complete Naoto, Rise, and Kanji's social links?

I'm also trying to finish the Hermit social link. What's the best way to get the Big Fish? I already have two in my inventory, but I didn't fish them. I assume you gotta fish them yourself?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I know about the rewards for spending Christmas Eve with whoever. The FAQ I'm following doesn't mention anything about New Year. Is there any benefits to spending the day with anyone particular?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I hate to ask a question every time something comes up, but is it possible to get everyone's third Persona in January as long as you have their SLinks maxed?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

You guys have been extremely helpful. What exactly does Kamui Miracle do? Googling seems to say it inflicts random status ailments on my party members. What are the benefits to this?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I know it's easier to catch the River Guardian in fog/rain, but is it still possibly, albeit, a low chance to get it on a regular day in January? Load/reload for an hour before finding out it's impossible.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Larsson posted:

You can catch it on a regular day too. Just keep pulling your bait in until the water starts rippling like crazy. I caught mine at night FWIW.

I won't lie though, it isn't common.
I gotta use the Inaba Jewel Beetle, right?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I caught the River Guardian! To catch the Sea Guardian, I need to use Genji Beetles, right?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Larsson posted:

Yes, and he puts up quite a fight so save beforehand.

(Make sure you talk to the old dude first)

Talking to the old man did the trick! Hell yeah! You're now my fishing-senpai!

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Really Pants posted:

Where can I get stuff for my shelf? I need more model robots for when girls come over.

Also, what does "Everyone is charged up and focused!" mean? Is Rise seriously dropping free combined Mind/Power Charges on the entire team? If so, do they stack with the normal sort?

The guy at the hobby store will be open at night time. He'll just give them away. They're good for gaining diligence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

CharlestonJew posted:

If you make enough models (I believe it's 4) and display them on your shelf, you'll "feel more like a man" and get a boost to all of your social stats. Wish I knew that before I maxed everything out...

That's what pushed it over the edge and got me maxed out.

• Locked thread