Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
You can buy a digital code from GAME for 40GBP.

You can unlock Shadow Mewtwo in-game without the amiibo card, incidentally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Oh my gosh where is Miitomo. I can't believe I am looking forward to Miitomo. I think it's much more the allure of Club Nintendo 2.0.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
I should probably be asking this in the apple games/apps thread, but does anyone know if they can have both the japanese and english versions of an app on an iphone? I have a japanese nnid for my imported 3ds, so I'm going to use that nnid for miitomo but I'm worried about magically loving up one or both of my nnids/miitomo accounts when the US version comes out...

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

From another forum, you need to use a VPN to access the Japanese version of Miitomo. Just wait for the worldwide release.

Also, they will associate your NNID's country of origin with the respective regional Nintendo Account. Won't screw up anything, but you will likely be forced to use the Japanese Miitomo.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Fremry posted:

They seem to have issues pricing the digital downloads. I bought a physical pre-order of Twilight Princess HD because it was $48 and came with the Amiibo, while the digital download was $60.

The digital version is actually only $50.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Saoshyant posted:

From another forum, you need to use a VPN to access the Japanese version of Miitomo. Just wait for the worldwide release.

Also, they will associate your NNID's country of origin with the respective regional Nintendo Account. Won't screw up anything, but you will likely be forced to use the Japanese Miitomo.

If you do have a Japanese NNID account, you don't need a VPN. I'm not in Japan and I can use it fine without one, but by NNID account is (Note, I'm on an iPhone, can't speak for the Android version). And yeah, the only region in the app right now is Japan. And you can make more than one Mii, but you can't have multiple region accounts logged in. I'm pretty sure they are not going to support that :shrug:.

But I'm enjoying it. It does not use your NNID friends list, so you need to add people to it (either by connecting via Twitter or Facebook, meeting in person, etc). A few of my friends got it right when it launched too, so I have a few there. Answer questions to get the coins is pretty boring, but I do love the picture creator.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
:allears:

Getting pumped for a week from now when I can buy Earthbound on the 3DS. Hopefully we'll see more NA Virtual Console action going forward into spring/summer. I wanna get some of that sweet loot that Europe's been sitting on.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Nintendo just made Metroid Other M available to download on Wii U in Japan, apropos of nothing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiQ5FFZGp3k
Lovin that coverart.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

somebody on twitter says miitomo is bad and just mining ur fave products for consumer profile digi-points. sounds like a killer app for jivjov

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
N-n-not consumer metrics! Those bastards!

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Agenta Khaulan posted:

Most major titles have released at midnight so I don't see why not. Hell a few games have released sooner at least with Xeno Chronicles X it did.

It is indeed coming out at midnight. The eShop says so now.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Super No Vacancy posted:

somebody on twitter says miitomo is bad and just mining ur fave products for consumer profile digi-points. sounds like a killer app for jivjov

Oh god they might find out what games I play!!!!

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I want Nintendo to know what games I am playing.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Super No Vacancy posted:

Oh poo poo, yet another company wanting to know my consumer metrics :geno: Welcome to the future muthafuakas! :unsmigghh:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Hello Nintendo I like Samus, Metroid and Nintendo Directs

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

I was gonna say something negative about this but then I remembered I'm actively bummed about there being no VC Cho Aniki outside of Japan, and realized I no longer had an argument.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i don't think shantae is even close to relevant to that

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

So we don't actually know what's going on with the US version of Miitomo or something? I was going to buy Pokken tonight, but I was hoping to get points for it or however it works.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

knowing NoA they could make people wait all the way until E3

but Apple is having an event later this month and I wouldn't be surprised if Miitomo pops up there since Nintendo on iOS would be a thing Tim Cook would brag about inbetween namedropping Drake and having fake conversations with co-workers

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Miitomo comes out in the rest of the world "this month".

The leaked Twilight Princess Picross pictures were dated for March 31, so...

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Davincie posted:

i don't think shantae is even close to relevant to that

Both games are good

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Cho Aniki is a fun gimmick but all the games suck to varying degrees.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Muscle March is the game Cho Aniki always should have been.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Hey Europe, there's a Pokken demo on the eShop, apparently.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Shoehead posted:

I was gonna say something negative about this but then I remembered I'm actively bummed about there being no VC Cho Aniki outside of Japan, and realized I no longer had an argument.

It's still on the Wii Shop Channel in NA at least.

That is, I haven't heard of it being delisted.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

Hello Nintendo I like Samus, Metroid and Nintendo Directs

Me too

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If Ninty is tracking my game playing metrics I'm going to leave Metroid Prime trilogy running on the Wii u constantly whenever I leave the house

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

They are gonna log it as Other M and you will cry.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

How can I explain to Nintendo that I only play Senran Kagura for the deep storylines?

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

irlZaphod posted:

How can I explain to Nintendo that I only play Senran Kagura for the deep storylines?

There's no need. Nintendo understands.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Learn calligraphy, just in case you need to offer a letter of apology.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
In case you needed another reason to check out SmileBasic while it's on sale, the developers just published the results of their latest programming contest, complete with download codes. That's a lot of game for five dollars, not even to speak of what you can do on your own, or things that didn't make it or weren't submitted to the contest. They're probably going to do at least one more jam like this once the cross-compatible WiiU version comes out. Jump on it!

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

SmileBasic Program
code:
10 FIND EUROPE
20 PRINT "WHAT'S A EUROPE?"
30 RELEASE NEW VERSION
40 GOTO 10

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Tempura Wizard posted:

In case you needed another reason to check out SmileBasic while it's on sale, the developers just published the results of their latest programming contest, complete with download codes. That's a lot of game for five dollars, not even to speak of what you can do on your own, or things that didn't make it or weren't submitted to the contest. They're probably going to do at least one more jam like this once the cross-compatible WiiU version comes out. Jump on it!

Holy poo poo what? Looks like I'm picking this up. Is there a repository for these programs?

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Wamdoodle posted:

Holy poo poo what? Looks like I'm picking this up. Is there a repository for these programs?

#smilebasic on twitter, pretty much, or you could check out Smileboom.com if you wanna navigate google translated Japanese. Or maybe you just know Japanese, I don't know :shrug:

They do have cloud storage, though, which is what those public download keys are for.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Wamdoodle posted:

Please consult the very friendly and comprehensive OP of the local Petitcom thread
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3747033

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

deadly_pudding posted:

#smilebasic on twitter, pretty much, or you could check out Smileboom.com if you wanna navigate google translated Japanese. Or maybe you just know Japanese, I don't know :shrug:

They do have cloud storage, though, which is what those public download keys are for.

homeless snail posted:

Please consult the very friendly and comprehensive OP of the local Petitcom thread
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3747033

Thanks to both of you :tipshat:

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Wish the new Nintendo Club would be out already. Sucks that purchases made in the pre-creation don't count it seems.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Can I still use Miitomo if I don't have friends?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

elf help book posted:

Can I still use Miitomo if I don't have friends?

They don't let you in the door without a plus one