Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
I went searching for the old donkey kong country games today and saw that they weren't on the e-shop anywhere. Did a bit of digging and saw that they had been removed. Any particular reason why? Any word if they're ever coming back?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

elf help book posted:

Should I get Mighty Switch Force 2 on Wii U or 3DS?

They didn't do an HD version of Mighty Switch Force 2 on the Wii U like they did with the first one, so it's pretty much a port of the 3DS game from what I gather. They're price the same and everything. I'd say get the 3DS version since you can just take it wherever. I have no idea if they're going to do an HD version of 2 like they did the first, either.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Agreed, you should definitely get it on 3DS if you have the option.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Fibby Boy posted:

I went searching for the old donkey kong country games today and saw that they weren't on the e-shop anywhere. Did a bit of digging and saw that they had been removed. Any particular reason why? Any word if they're ever coming back?

They never explained why they were pulled and haven't given any indication that they'll be back.

osmo_au
Feb 13, 2004
Can any PAL goons clarify something for me please?

"ZombiU (Wii U) - €9.99 / £7.99 until January 2"

Im thinking of buying a Wii U today and taking advantage of the ZombiU sale. Has the sale already finished at the start of the day, or is it still valid until Midnight tonight (its the 2nd here in Sydney)?

Thanks

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
AU/NZ eShop runs on UK time, so it should still be valid until midnight, yeah.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I can't be arsed waiting up for the NOA press release, I'll post it in the morning. Seems like NA will be getting Mega Man X2 on Wii U VC, plus the Bravery Default demo on 3DS, among other things. PAL-land may or may not be getting Contra 3 (not Probotector!) on the Wii U VC, too.

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

I can't seem to find the Bravely Default demo in the NA eShop. Do releases not come out until later in the day?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

mcpringles posted:

I can't seem to find the Bravely Default demo in the NA eShop. Do releases not come out until later in the day?
It's usually around noon EST

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

European 3DS eShop is updated and Mario Tennis is indeed on there. I'll get it with my £5 from Wii U Deluxe if Dr Luigi isn't on the Wii U shop today.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

homeless snail posted:

From what I can tell the AR gimmick stuff is just a side thing that'll they add more puzzles to over time with spotpass. I think there's some legit Chibi Robo stuff in there, but Chibi Robo has done so many things across the series I'm not totally sure what "legit Chibi robo stuff" is anymore. Other than something I want to do, anyway.

They made sequels to Chibi Robo? :psyboom: Holy poo poo, what's the best way to get a hold of these? The GC original was awesome.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

They made sequels to Chibi Robo? :psyboom: Holy poo poo, what's the best way to get a hold of these? The GC original was awesome.
There was one for the DS I think.

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Kacho of My own little gaming world

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

there was Park Patrol on the DS and the new one coming out next week and also a japan exlusive DS one that I forgot

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

irlZaphod posted:

There was one for the DS I think.

2 for DS actually. One got released in America the other did not.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I know the best way to not get hold of Chibi Robo ever is to live in Europe. :(

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Sakurazuka posted:

I know the best way to not get hold of Chibi Robo ever is to live in Europe. :(

The original was definitely released here as I had it at one point. I will have to try the sequels! I assume there is a fan translation for the second DS one?

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

The Bravely Default demo is now up in the NA eShop.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

PAL-land may or may not be getting Contra 3 (not Probotector!) on the Wii U VC, too.

Just Mario Tennis on 3DS and nothing on Wii U from what I could see. No wonder they didn't bother with PR this week.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Is anyone else having problems with their cards going through? The eshop keeps refusing the visa debit card that I used before a bunch of times.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Seems like NA will be getting Mega Man X2 on Wii U VC, plus the Bravery Default demo on 3DS, among other things.

About loving time! Now release SMB3 and LttP this month and all will be well.

Oh, and they still have those GB Megaman games to get to as well, of course.

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

They're what's for dinner

DrManiac posted:

Is anyone else having problems with their cards going through? The eshop keeps refusing the visa debit card that I used before a bunch of times.

I dunno, I remember reading that the eShop doesn't take visa debit. I know mine's never worked.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

robodex posted:

I dunno, I remember reading that the eShop doesn't take visa debit. I know mine's never worked.

I use visa debit and it works fine for me

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

I use visa debit and it works fine for me

Same.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
So, either NOE'S PR intern is still on holiday (possible) or PAL-land's not getting any new eShop releases this week (also possible but less likely). Hmm.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Also here. It's never been an issue

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother
It may be that in a fair bit of Europe (including Germany where I think noe is based) the 6th is a public holiday. Epiphany and all that. They may not be back to work until tomorrow.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

So, either NOE'S PR intern is still on holiday (possible) or PAL-land's not getting any new eShop releases this week (also possible but less likely). Hmm.
I want to believe that this is why we haven't heard anything about Chibi Robo in Europe, and not because that game isn't coming out here.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Well it wasn't mentioned in the NOE Direct, either...

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Shelf Adventure posted:

It may be that in a fair bit of Europe (including Germany where I think noe is based) the 6th is a public holiday. Epiphany and all that. They may not be back to work until tomorrow.

The 6th isn't a public holiday in the part of Germany where NoE is located.

Sooo I guess we're not getting anything this week.

Champeenship
Oct 9, 2012

DrManiac posted:

Looks like my Visa debit was hit with the same thing. Customer Service wasn't any help, especially given that the error code given was for generic connection problems.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Dunban posted:

The 6th isn't a public holiday in the part of Germany where NoE is located.

Sooo I guess we're not getting anything this week.

NOE'S PR comes out of the UK, I think, so I'm not sure it'd matter either way.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

DrManiac posted:

You didn't end up using it for a lot of small transactions recently did you? Every year around the Steam sale, lots of people have their cards end up restricted. Call your bank and see if it's got any blocks on it.

Bastard Man
Nov 15, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Are the ambassador games not available who weren't in the program at all? I wanted to buy Yoshis Island today on 3DS and it isn't even in the store. I don't care about them giving the games to early 3DS buyers for free, but they straight up won't even let others buy them at all?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

correct, you can't buy them. Gotta buy an ambassador 3ds and system transfer it onto yours if you really want them.

Glimm
Jul 27, 2005

Time is only gonna pass you by

Bacon Drew posted:

Are the ambassador games not available who weren't in the program at all? I wanted to buy Yoshis Island today on 3DS and it isn't even in the store. I don't care about them giving the games to early 3DS buyers for free, but they straight up won't even let others buy them at all?

I think this is true, because Nintendo is insane.

Bastard Man
Nov 15, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Glimm posted:

I think this is true, because Nintendo is insane.

They are insane, but I didn't think they were stupid. A ton of people would impulse buy Yoshis Island at 10 dollars. Especially after 75,000 people watching Trihex playing it earlier today.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
I don't think it's that they won't sell them at some point (they're selling the NES games after all), just that they haven't bothered to get the GBA emulator to a saleable state yet (it doesn't have save states, suspension, manuals, etc. that're standard for every other system on VC).

Bastard Man
Nov 15, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Box of Bunnies posted:

I don't think it's that they won't sell them at some point (they're selling the NES games after all), just that they haven't bothered to get the GBA emulator to a saleable state yet (it doesn't have save states, suspension, manuals, etc. that're standard for every other system on VC).

Ahh ok. So it's less that they want to keep them exclusive to the ambassador people and more that they aren't even ready for sale.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
GBA games aren't being "emulated" on 3DS, as far as anyone can tell; they seem to be running in a legacy hardware mode that precludes all the usual VC bells and whistles like savestates and whatever else, and if that's the case there's probably no "fixing" them, hence why they're unwilling to sell them.

They will be bringing GBA games to the Wii U VC at some point, though. Go figure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Yeah, running the GBA Ambassador Titles disables things like street pass if you have them open, so the emulators could use a lot of work.