Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
Man I don't think we even have Zero 2 in the US yet, and you guys are already getting 3? drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I guess, unless you desperately need it on WiiU or don't have a 3/DS it's easier and cheaper to by the DS Zero collection. (Unless that has any horrible problems I don't know about.)

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Nah, the Zero Collection is pretty spot on and great.

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

When SEO just isn't enough.
Man I haven't played an Asterix game since The Great Rescue on Mega Drive. It was pretty weird and oppressive.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

ChaosArgate posted:

Nah, the Zero Collection is pretty spot on and great.

It even has control remapping even though its sort of limited compared to the Wii U VC's.

Zero Collection is pretty cool but I'm not sure how easy to come by it is nowadays.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

less laughter posted:

It's spelled Phoenix

Yeah I know, typo that got cut/pasted (and went unnoticed until now).

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

RMZXAnarchy posted:

It even has control remapping even though its sort of limited compared to the Wii U VC's.

Zero Collection is pretty cool but I'm not sure how easy to come by it is nowadays.

You can grab it for like $20-30 online, it's not that bad.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
I'm insulted that SMT4 is for less than Conception II.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Adding Titties to your game costs $3 extra dollars, it's in the 3DS rules.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I just got a shipping notification from Club Nintendo for a non-existent reward item.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

epitasis posted:

I just got a shipping notification from Club Nintendo for a non-existent reward item.

Was it your Smash Bros soundtrack? I had the same issue, tracking number thing didn't give me any results, and then it showed up about a week later in the mail.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Must be? Though I already received that like two weeks ago minimum.

gameface
Nov 23, 2007
I was looking through my old game cases for Club Nintendo codes one last time and found a code I never used for a 'game' I imported. I put game in quotes because it's not really a game, but the old European DS Lite Opera browser. I'm not going to explain why I bought it, but I wanted to give the code here in case it's still usable and someone wanted the Stars, and I didn't know where else to put it. I'm pretty sure it's expired, though. It doesn't say Club Nintendo on it, but "Nintendo VIP 24:7".

Nintendo DS Browser, Europe: 31GKY7E0RV1H1G79

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
I gave it a try, but no luck I'm afraid. Appreciate the effort though!

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
There's a new firmware update for 3DS; it lets you save and switch between custom home menu layouts, adds some new theme filters to the theme shop and adds some amiibo stuff to the settings menu for non-New systems, in anticipation of the Amiibo reader peripheral, I guess.

Still no Badge Center, though.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Has anybody been playing the new Pokemon Shuffle stages or just me? It got new special and main stages but does anybody know if it got more expert stages? I had basically beat everything before this update but I hadn't S-ranked all the stages so I only had 19 unlocked.

Goddamn why is that game so addicting? I wish I could just pay $5 for it and have it be all paid for and not give them money for pay to win stuff.

Zoo06
Jul 20, 2007

The Lobster posted:

Has anybody been playing the new Pokemon Shuffle stages or just me? It got new special and main stages but does anybody know if it got more expert stages? I had basically beat everything before this update but I hadn't S-ranked all the stages so I only had 19 unlocked.

Goddamn why is that game so addicting? I wish I could just pay $5 for it and have it be all paid for and not give them money for pay to win stuff.

Try Pokemon Trozei (If you haven't already) for a similar play style. At least you don't have to wait for hearts to recharge and there's no pay to win poo poo.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
I've been playing the new stages. Milotic is mercilessly hard. Generally there's been a big difficulty spike all over.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

The Lobster posted:

Just get Pokémon Battle Trozei.

Jadaris
May 9, 2003

I am Leto, Lion of Atreides

The Lobster posted:

Has anybody been playing the new Pokemon Shuffle stages or just me?

I would if I could get past loving Mega Gengar.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Rexroom posted:

I'm insulted that SMT4 is for less than Conception II.

There's actually a bit more content in that game than SMTIV (each girl has a "friend" and "lovers" version of their events.) Also, none of the story is locked behind DLC like in SMT IV.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

But SMTIV is actually good

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Dehry posted:

There's actually a bit more content in that game than SMTIV (each girl has a "friend" and "lovers" version of their events.) Also, none of the story is locked behind DLC like in SMT IV.

On the other hand, SMT IV isn't poo poo.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
SMTIV is a year older and not a game licensed from Spike Chunsoft.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Spike Chunsoft needs to stop making creepy games and make the third loving Zero Escape game, drat it!

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Spike Chunsoft needs to stop making creepy games and make the third loving Zero Escape game, drat it!

Didn't they say that they weren't making any more of those?

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
Quick question... someone recommended to me that I download Pokemon Bank to get the last 10 coins that I wanted. I did so and did the pre-play survey for 5 coins. Is there a post-play survey for 5 more coins that will come after a certain time, or will I need to hunt up 5 coins elsewhere?

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

I really dislike Trozei. I like the play style of Shuffle better. I've had Trozei since it came out and eh... Shuffle is just better imo.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Sudden Javelin posted:

I've been playing the new stages. Milotic is mercilessly hard. Generally there's been a big difficulty spike all over.

Put Feebas in your team and you shouldn't need to use items to win.

Denim Avenger
Oct 20, 2010

Excelente
h

Zoo06
Jul 20, 2007

Jadaris posted:

I would if I could get past loving Mega Gengar.

Try using Haunter if you caught it. It took me a while to get through that. Never really needed items for anything but Mega Glalie and Mega Mewtwo. This Onix is proving to be a pain in the rear end, though.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

JustJeff88 posted:

Quick question... someone recommended to me that I download Pokemon Bank to get the last 10 coins that I wanted. I did so and did the pre-play survey for 5 coins. Is there a post-play survey for 5 more coins that will come after a certain time, or will I need to hunt up 5 coins elsewhere?

Don't quote me on this, but I think yesterday was the last day to register for enough time to get a post play survey. You would be cutting it close waiting for it.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Dehry posted:

Don't quote me on this, but I think yesterday was the last day to register for enough time to get a post play survey. You would be cutting it close waiting for it.

I thought that it was until the end of the month. To be on the safe side, I will download another freebie tonight to put me over the edge... hopefully.

I have 1245 coins right now and I have already picked out three games worth 650 that I definitely want to get. I would hate to buy two more 200-point games and be left with 195 coins, or be 5 coins short of getting Wonderful 101, which I am also considering.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

JustJeff88 posted:

I thought that it was until the end of the month. To be on the safe side, I will download another freebie tonight to put me over the edge... hopefully.

Post plays take 7 days to show up in your account. 7 days from now is after the cutoff.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Fremry posted:

Post plays take 7 days to show up in your account. 7 days from now is after the cutoff.

I thought that the cutoff wouldn't matter if you registered the game before the cutoff, but better safe than sorry. It looks bloody stupid but I will download Real Deal Baseball tonight, which I believe comes with a 5-point survey too, and that will get me to 1250 exactly.

On another note, does anyone have any opinions to share on Wonderful 101? Assuming that I get 1250 coins and spend 650 on 3 games that I really want, that leaves me 600. There aren't really any other digital games that interest me, especially now that I have Uprising and Star Fox on cartridge, and that looks promising. I just read an article raving about it, but obviously that is only one person's opinion.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Rusty's Real Deal Baseball rules.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
I hope there's a Rusty's 2 where one of his children accidentally shoot him or something.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

JustJeff88 posted:

I thought that the cutoff wouldn't matter if you registered the game before the cutoff, but better safe than sorry. It looks bloody stupid but I will download Real Deal Baseball tonight, which I believe comes with a 5-point survey too, and that will get me to 1250 exactly.

On another note, does anyone have any opinions to share on Wonderful 101? Assuming that I get 1250 coins and spend 650 on 3 games that I really want, that leaves me 600. There aren't really any other digital games that interest me, especially now that I have Uprising and Star Fox on cartridge, and that looks promising. I just read an article raving about it, but obviously that is only one person's opinion.

Do you like Platinum-Style technical character action brawlers? With bombastic, wayyy over the top stories and escalating insane boss fights? Can you deal with a longish learning curve before the game starts to "click" with you?

If so, you will love this game; it's great.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Monkey Fracas posted:

Do you like Platinum-Style technical character action brawlers? With bombastic, wayyy over the top stories and escalating insane boss fights? Can you deal with a longish learning curve before the game starts to "click" with you?

If so, you will love this game; it's great.

How much hard drive space does it take up? I have almost nothing but date-lite Indy games on my WiiU internal hard drive, the one exception being Metroid Prime Trilogy which is bloody enormous - all of my other "big" WiiU games are on disc. I am in no position to buy an external drive and I need to watch my capacity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

JustJeff88 posted:

How much hard drive space does it take up? I have almost nothing but date-lite Indy games on my WiiU internal hard drive, the one exception being Metroid Prime Trilogy which is bloody enormous - all of my other "big" WiiU games are on disc. I am in no position to buy an external drive and I need to watch my capacity.

There is no way you're getting it on there if Prime Trilogy is also on there, I don't think.

You really shouldn't let that stop you if it sounds like you would like it, though. Just get it and play it whenever you're ready to clean something else off. Or buy a disc of the game- it's gotta be pretty cheap now.