Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I bought some free plays so I could get a toad system settings icon

why am i so weak

e: i didn't even get it

Help Im Alive fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Nov 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.
Y'all are whack. :v:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Help Im Alive posted:

why am i so weak

I have 2 Toad badges and I have paid nothing. :whatup:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

greatn posted:

Has pokemon company ever put anything on there? I'd be surprised

They have, I've seen screenshots.

edit:

greatn posted:

Seriously. If Nintendo makes a cell phone game like this they're gonna make some loving money. That rabbit is pure evil.

especially in his real form.

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Nov 13, 2015

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

codenameFANGIO posted:

I have 2 Toad badges and I have paid nothing. :whatup:

I bought more plays and got it and then with my left over plays I tried to get the Peach eShop badge and was one away from getting it so I bought more plays again

:negative:

I'll probably be able get by with the free plays from now on though, I really just wanted a few badges for folders (toad especially) and better icons for the eShop/system settings since I always have those two on my home screen

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah
You people are loving insane paying cash money for loving folder icons.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
You don't understand, man, you weren't there! You have no idea how close it was to going down the hole! Those icons are only around for today! It's the last day!

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

ddogflex posted:

a dollar gets you like what, 5 plays. not all of us live on pleb mcdonalds wages son, some of us can afford to put down 2 or 3 dollars a week to play around with this dumb little thing

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

ddogflex posted:

It's, like, one guy.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Hmm well today's theme is Link Between Worlds? Themes are $2 anyway I might as well buy $2 of plays they're basically free at this point! Alright I completed a set with those plays, poo poo, only one badge left in this next set and it looks ready to pick up, PLONK, poo poo, now I completed two more, I have one play left, if I had TWO more left I bet I could cause a chain reaction in this one and get the Mario fireball, poo poo it's the last day, PLONK.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

SelenicMartian posted:

I might spend a penny if they get the entire line on TWEWY pins there.

Oh man, imagine?! :flashfap:

Help Im Alive posted:

I bought some free plays

:raise:

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

ddogflex posted:

It's certainly no more outrageous than premium themes, or like, avatar clothing on Xbox 360. I can understand not seeing the value, but this type of thing certainly isn't new or unique to this badge game.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Minidust posted:

It's certainly no more outrageous than premium themes, or like, avatar clothing on Xbox 360. I can understand not seeing the value, but this type of thing certainly isn't new or unique to this badge game.

At least with those, there's a specific guaranteed digital item... not just a fart and a wish.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
ITT: badge arcade is class warfare

I think it's cute. I like that we get free plays for it. I'll probably toss a few dollars at it if they ever have a set that I like desperately want to decorate with, like Monster Hunter or something.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

Question: does getting a specific badge unlock it for use wherever? Or are they individual copies?
For example... if I get a badge of a butt, could it be used for multiple folders/icons/whatever, or would I need to actually "win" multiple butts to do that?

If the former, can you still get more than one of the same badge?

Edit: Winnings are account-bound, right? If you buy a new DS and log into it, you'll have access to previously obtained items?

MisterAlex fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Nov 13, 2015

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

MisterAlex posted:

At least with those, there's a specific guaranteed digital item... not just a fart and a wish.

If there's any set or item you particularly want you can almost certainly get it with 5 plays for the dollar. I suppose it isn't guaranteed but it's pretty easy.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

greatn posted:

If there's any set or item you particularly want you can almost certainly get it with 5 plays for the dollar. I suppose it isn't guaranteed but it's pretty easy.

Help Im Alive posted:

why am i so weak

:v:

The Manticore
Aug 23, 2008

Did you mean to make that post, or were you just pushing keys at random?

MisterAlex posted:

Question: does getting a specific badge unlock it for use wherever? Or are they individual copies?
For example... if I get a badge of a butt, could it be used for multiple folders/icons/whatever, or would I need to actually "win" multiple butts to do that?

Edit: Winnings are account-bound, right? If you buy a new DS and log into it, you'll have access to previously obtained items?

You would need one butt for every butt you wanted to butt with.

You can just reset the machine if it's an easy catch to grab multiple butts. The machine also resets if you grab all the non-butts.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

MisterAlex posted:

You can only place one copy of a badge, unless you have multiple copies. You can definitely get multiple copies of badges. Sometimes machines have a bunch of one type of badge (like a brick block, or a zelda rock), and you can always tap the rabbit on the bottom screen and ask him to refill the machine.

The Manticore
Aug 23, 2008

Did you mean to make that post, or were you just pushing keys at random?
Also, this hot tips video can help you get more mileage out of your free plays so you stop spending money. Basically, taking advantage of the unique layouts and approaching each machine like a puzzle tends to work out better than haphazardly swinging at the thing you want.

(Trigger warning: Japanese rabbit)

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

The rabbit said you can get menu themes if you buy plays in certain days so if you're going to put real money in it you should wait for that.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Yeah, the current LBW wall theme up for grabs is pretty lame.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

Alrighty, thanks for the clarification, y'all. =)

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
NOA put up a placeholder for their "cyber deals" starting on the 25th - no names/prices yet, obviously: http://happyholidays.nintendo.com/cyber-deals

quote:

You’ll save up to 50% on dozens of the best-reviewed games for the Wii U console and Nintendo 3DS family of systems. Prices start under $5, so it’s easy to add even more fun to your holiday season.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

The Manticore posted:

Also, this hot tips video can help you get more mileage out of your free plays so you stop spending money. Basically, taking advantage of the unique layouts and approaching each machine like a puzzle tends to work out better than haphazardly swinging at the thing you want.

(Trigger warning: Japanese rabbit)

Thanks for this, even though Japanese Rabbit will haunt my nightmares.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I like that their devotion to rabbit saleman extends to Steel Diver, where they made Peppy Hare the salesman for Sub Wars content.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

The Rabbit and Rusty should be the host of the eShop

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

They just need to make the 3DS eShop bag a better salesman

Why isn't he trying to guilt me into buying things with his tragic backstory

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
I managed to get the triforce badge (the only one I really wanted) with my free play. Though if those pixel SNESes come around again, I might think about dropping a buck or two.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Help Im Alive posted:

They just need to make the 3DS eShop bag a better salesman

Why isn't he trying to guilt me into buying things with his tragic backstory

He just wants your money and friendship :yayclod:.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the rabbit owns

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Thanks a lot goons, now I want to spend money on virtual crane games. I did get seven badges in eight (free) tries though, including a triforce. Maybe I can just stick to the daily practice plays.

What's up with all the stuff ending today though, is it a rotation or will they just be gone? I kind of want that Isabelle badge...

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

NofrikinfuN posted:

Thanks a lot goons, now I want to spend money on virtual crane games. I did get seven badges in eight (free) tries though, including a triforce. Maybe I can just stick to the daily practice plays.

What's up with all the stuff ending today though, is it a rotation or will they just be gone? I kind of want that Isabelle badge...
People that played the Japanese version have said that they bring old ones back sometimes, but also there are like 3,000 of them now. Its very much designed to make you panic and spend your money.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

do we even have this thing in europe yet? we're missing out!

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Davincie posted:

do we even have this thing in europe yet? we're missing out!

We do. You just have to explicitly download it from eShop.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

There are BOXBOY badges available today. They're cute. I need them. What is wrong with me. Help

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
At least all the app icons should be able to be shaken free easily.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I'm finding the only badges I give a poo poo about are the ones that launch apps, cause I sure as hell am not gonna do like they suggest and build a diorama of Mario 1-1 on my home screen or whatever, and I've already badged all my folders with the Super Famicom set. And even then like, I got the Zelda app icon set, do I really need a million different eshop launchers?

Nice try rabbit.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I wish you could slap the app-launching badges over the top of the actual apps. Its rather silly that i have to hide the "real" activity log or eShop launcher in the depths of some folder somewhere and replace it with the badge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It's kinda cool that they did a 3D World style portrait for Daisy even though she'll probably never appear outside a spin off