Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Here's a list of all the prizes that can be redeemed from Japanese My Nintendo:

quote:

Miitomo

Mario Suit – 250 Platinum Points – can be redeemed until 5/1
1 game ticket – 85 Platinum Points – can be redeemed 5 times until 4/1
5 game tickets – 420 Platinum Points – can be redeemed 2 times until 4/1
10 game tickets – 250 Platinum Points – can be redeemed 1 time

Discounts

20% off Mario Kart 8 (Wii U) – 950 Platinum Points – can be redeemed 1 time until 7/1
20% off Dr. Luigi (Wii U) – 230 Platinum Points – can be redeemed 1 time until 7/1
20% off New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS) – 750 Platinum Points – can be redeemed 1 time until 7/1
20% off Brain Age: Concentration Training (3DS) – 600 Platinum Points – can be redeemed 1 time until 7/1
40% off Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D (3DS) – 130 Gold Points – can be redeemed 1 time until 7/1
40% off Ultimate NES Remix (3DS) – 105 Gold Points – can be redeemed 1 time until 7/1
50% off Mario and Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move (3DS) – 50 Gold Points – can be redeemed 1 time until 7/1
40% off New Super Mario Bros. U (Wii U) – 160 Gold Points – can be redeemed 1 time until 7/1
50% off Metroid: Other M (Wii U) – 90 Gold Points – can be redeemed 1 time until 7/1
50% off Super Mario Galaxy (Wii U) – 90 Gold Points – can be redeemed 1 time until 7/1

Games

My Nintendo Picross – The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (3DS) – 1,000 Platinum Points – can be redeemed 1 time until 10/1
Super Mario 64 (Wii U) – 120 Gold Points – can be redeemed 1 time until 8/1
New Super Luigi U (Wii U) – 240 Gold Points – can be redeemed 1 time until 8/1
Pikmin 3 DLC: Battle Enemies! Stages 7-10 (Wii U) – 30 Gold Points – can be redeemed 1 time until 8/1
WarioWare: Touched! (3DS) – 1,000 Platinum Points – can be redeemed 1 time until 7/1
Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins (3DS) – 50 Gold Points – can be redeemed 1 time until 7/1
Donkey Kong Country Returns (Wii U) – 320 Gold Points – can be redeemed 1 time until 7/1
Metroid: Fusion (Wii U) – 85 Gold Points – can be redeemed 1 time until 8/1
Super Punch-Out!! (Wii U) – 100 Gold Points – can be redeemed 1 time until 8/1

3DS Themes

My Nintendo Theme 1: Mario – 200 Platinum Points – can be redeemed 1 time until 5/1
My Nintendo Theme 2: Donkey Kong – 200 Platinum Points – can be redeemed 1 time until 5/1

...and these are the "missions" that get you points:

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Mar 17, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Miitomo's on JP iTunes: https://t.co/qe62VFVf9D

It'll display in English if your phone's set to EN.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Any word on what game tickets are?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
They're an in-game item for Miitomo but I don't know what they do.

EDIT: they're for purchasing/winning costumes, I think they give you gacha pulls.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

ah the old "buy a product" mission

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Here's a list of all the prizes that can be redeemed from Japanese My Nintendo:

...and these are the "missions" that get you points:

Wii UPlay points,nice

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
i'm ok with nintendo uplay points if i get to download mario 64 instead of an Iconic Jacket for my division man

also: that list psn posted has warioware touched for the 3ds????? the heck?

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Earning games I just never bought will be cool. I hope NoA gives us a good list.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

In Training posted:

They're putting everyone who downloads it on a list, hopefully.

I hope they're putting you on a list for hating on this perfectly mediocre game

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

absolutely anything posted:

also: that list psn posted has warioware touched for the 3ds????? the heck?

I double-checked and it definitely says 3DS, so if it's wrong it's a fuckup on Nintendo's end.

There are expiration dates and hard caps on these offers, too, so I suppose they'll be cycling them every month or two rather than having them all be available all the time.

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Mar 17, 2016

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Seems the gold coins are a slightly worse deal than the 10% cash back from the DDP, but its still a cool loyalty program, thank you Iwata-san.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
It's worth pointing out that you only get gold coins for game purchases, not menu themes or DLC.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Kinda wish I could get points for all the digital purchases I've made over the last year, because goddamn.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Nintendo just made Metroid Other M available to download on Wii U in Japan, apropos of nothing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiQ5FFZGp3k

What is that price in dollars or Euros or whatever?

Whatever it is, it's too much, but I'm curious how much Nintendo thinks that game is worth.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

They're putting everyone who downloads it on a list, hopefully.

People who are more likely to buy Federation Force

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
2700yen is the standard price for Wii DL games so it'll probably be $20 in NA like every other Wii U game.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Miitomo here I come.

e: iap is 100 coins for 120 yen

ee: what's the point it's just going to be region cocked

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

2700yen is the standard price for Wii DL games so it'll probably be $20 in NA like every other Wii U game.

That's about 60 dollars too much tbh

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
So the math on the Gold Coin discount sorta comes to using coins for a near 10% cashback, right? like the MM3D discount is basically spending somewhere around 120 us bucks to discount 12 dollars off the game, the catch is that instead of an universal system like the DDP you're at the whim of Nintendo on how to use your gold coins/cashback.

Really wish DLC also counted, at the very least because I'll probably drop 80 bucks on FE: Fates and 40 of those count as DLC.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
App from the J ITunes Store completely region locked. Only region available is Japan.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Region-locked Nintendo software? Well, I never!

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

hadji murad posted:

App from the J ITunes Store completely region locked. Only region available is Japan.

You have a funny definition of "region lock", assuming you're running this on a phone not purchased in Japan, and that you didn't have to hack in any way except for being a little dishonest when signing up for a foreign appstore account. This app will be rolled out globally throughout the month, starting with Japan, and it's not that strange for Nintendo to assume if you downloaded it from the Japanese appstore, you're living in Japan. Nintendo expects you to download this game in the country you actually live in.

I'm willing to bet real money that the one feature they can region lock - a global friendlist - isn't actually locked and you'll be able to have friends that use any regional version of the app. The "region" field on your account probably controls things like special events for local holidays and such (or do you perhaps think it's logical for the US to get Golden Week events and for Japan to get 4th of July events?)

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
You can make a JP account and download it via JP iTunes but you might as well wait until non-JP My Nintendo is up because I can't imagine most people are going to care about Miitomo beyond milking it for coins.

The app is reminiscent of Tomodachi Life but with a SNS slant - essentially, you send out dumb questions/answers to your friends and post pictures of your Miis doing wacky poo poo superimposed over photos or whatever; I'm sure certain people will have lots of fun with it but it's even less of a game than Tomodachi Life; it reminds me of those comic makers that blow up on Facebook every so often.

The IAP element comes from the accessory store - you get coins for posting pictures, answering/posting questions, etc but you can also buy coins with real money starting from around $1 and going really loving high for bulk purchases. The store rotates daily and there are also exclusive outfits that can only be acquired through a goddamn pachinko-style minigame, so yeah, they dived face-first into this poo poo.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

orenronen posted:

You have a funny definition of "region lock", assuming you're running this on a phone not purchased in Japan, and that you didn't have to hack in any way except for being a little dishonest when signing up for a foreign appstore account. This app will be rolled out globally throughout the month, starting with Japan, and it's not that strange for Nintendo to assume if you downloaded it from the Japanese appstore, you're living in Japan. Nintendo expects you to download this game in the country you actually live in.

I'm willing to bet real money that the one feature they can region lock - a global friendlist - isn't actually locked and you'll be able to have friends that use any regional version of the app. The "region" field on your account probably controls things like special events for local holidays and such (or do you perhaps think it's logical for the US to get Golden Week events and for Japan to get 4th of July events?)

I live in Japan.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
So you will get points for eshop purchases? But not physical? Was really hoping Nintendo would have a way to hook up people for all the stuff that was purchased since club nintendo went away.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Waltzing Along posted:

So you will get points for eshop purchases? But not physical? Was really hoping Nintendo would have a way to hook up people for all the stuff that was purchased since club nintendo went away.

They could conceivably pull your purchase history from your NNID and give you some manner of credit for prior purchases, but I doubt they will.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

jivjov posted:

They could conceivably pull your purchase history from your NNID and give you some manner of credit for prior purchases, but I doubt they will.

I could take a picture of my shelf and the few hundred dollars worth of games I've bought in the interim.

Would be nice if we could scan amiibo for points...

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Waltzing Along posted:

Would be nice if we could scan amiibo for points...

But then I would just get all the rewards!

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I wonder if they'll have to change some pachinko elements due to different gambling statutes in other countries.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
A bunch of them will add up over time from just normal usage.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Waltzing Along posted:

You get the boxes.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

greatn posted:

I wonder if they'll have to change some pachinko elements due to different gambling statutes in other countries.

Just to be clear, it's a pachinko-esque game in the vein of Badge Arcade, not a straight-up pachinko machine. There's probably a loophole somewhere.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

jivjov posted:

But then I would just get all the rewards!

If they gave rewards for scanning amiibo i'd figure you would automatically get an NX delivered to your door two minutes before they start the E3 Direct.

But real talk it'd be sweet to get, like, 20 platinum coins for scanning an amiibo, make your collection get you a sweet reward. Maybe gold coins for scanning an amiibo during its release week.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Mar 17, 2016

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Just to be clear, it's a pachinko-esque game in the vein of Badge Arcade, not a straight-up pachinko machine. There's probably a loophole somewhere.

You have to physically walk to a store to cash in.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Anyone know if Pokken is getting a midnight release on the eShop?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

jivjov posted:

Or they could just revive Club Nintendo codes.

Agenta Khaulan
Oct 12, 2014

SeANMcBAY posted:

Anyone know if Pokken is getting a midnight release on the eShop?

Most major titles have released at midnight so I don't see why not. Hell a few games have released sooner at least with Xeno Chronicles X it did.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of March 17):

quote:

WII U RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Pokken Tournament - €59.99 / £49.99 (March 18)
WII U eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Mutant Mudds Super Challenge - €8.49 / £7.64 if you own Mutant Mudds or downloaded the nindies@home demo, standard price €9.99 / £8.99 (cross-buy)
    Paranautical Activity - €9.99 / £8.99
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Super Mario Advance Special: buy any two eligible games, get the third free! - ends March 24
  • Super Mario Advance
  • Super Mario World: Super Mario Advance 2
  • Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3
    Never Alone (Kisima Ingitchuna) (Wii U eShop) - €4.89 / £4.29 until March 23
    Art of Balance TOUCH! (Wii U eShop) - €6.70 / £5.36 until March 31
    Ducktales Remastered (Wii U eShop) - €5.99 / £4.79 until March 31
    Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara (Wii U eShop) - €5.24 / £4.19 until March 31
    Nova-111 (Wii U eShop) - €5.99 / £4.79 until March 31
    OlliOlli (Wii U eShop) - €3.99 / £3.19 until March 31
    Pumped BMX + (Wii U eShop) - €3.99 / £3.19 until March 31
    Stealth Inc. 2: A Game of Clones (Wii U eShop) - €3.99 / £3.19 until March 31
    Ultratron (Wii U eShop) - €3.99 / £3.19 until March 31
    The Swapper (Wii U eShop) - €5.99 / £4.79 until March 31
    The Swindle (Wii U eShop) - €5.99 / £4.79 until March 31

3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Mutant Mudds Super Challenge - €8.49 / £7.64 if you own Mutant Mudds or downloaded the nindies@home demo, standard price €9.99 / £8.99 (cross-buy)
    Petit Novel series - Harvest December (demo)
NEW 3DS VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    F-ZERO (SNES) - €3.99 / £3.59 until March 24 if you own Super Mario Kart on New 3DS, standard price €7.99/ £7.19
    Super Mario Kart (SNES) - €3.99 / £3.59 until March 24 if you own F-ZERO on New 3DS, standard price €7.99/ £7.19
3DS MENU THEMES (March 18)
    Shantae Pirate Theme - €1.99 / £1.59
    Shantae Rottytops Theme - €1.99 / £1.59
    Mighty Switch Force Theme - €1.99 / £1.59
    Blast 'em Bunnies Bundle - €4.99 / £2.99
    Blast 'em Bunnies Zombie Theme - €1.99 / £1.29
    Blast 'em Bunnies Luchador Theme - €1.99 / £1.29
    Blast 'em Bunnies Urban Theme - €1.99 / £1.29
    Blast 'em Bunnies Ninja Theme - €1.99 / £1.29
    Maya the Bee - €0.99 / £0.89
    Miffy & Stars - €0.99 / £0.89
    Miffy & Ducks - €0.99 / £0.89
    Miffy & Sun - €0.99 / £0.89
    Winx Music & Magic: Dancing to the rhythm of the magic - €1.99 / £1.79
    Winter in Centopia - €1.99 / £1.79
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    New 3DS SNES VC Promotion #2 - own either F-ZERO or Super Mario Kart, get the other for half off until March 24
    Rage of the Gladiator (3DS eShop) - €3.49 / £3.09 until March 31
    Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney Trilogy (3DS eShop) - €17.99 / £14.99 until March 31
    Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney Dual Destinies (3DS eShop) - €11.24 / £8.99 until March 31
    Mutant Mudds (3DS eShop) - €4.49 / £4.04 until March 31
    OlliOlli (3DS eShop) - €3.99 / £3.19 until March 31

NA update (week of March 17):

quote:

WII U RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Pokken Tournament - $59.99 (March 18)
WII U eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Mutant Mudds Super Challenge - $8.49 if you own Mutant Mudds or downloaded the nindies@home demo, standard price $9.99 (cross-buy)
    U-Host - $12.99
    Bird Mania Party - $1.99
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    DIG DUG II (NES) - $4.99
    City Connection (NES) - $4.99
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric (Wii U) - $19.99 until March 21
    Never Alone (Kisima Ingitchuna) (Wii U eShop) - $4.99 until March 24
    Art of Balance (Wii U eShop) - $6.70 until March 31
    OlliOlli (Wii U eShop) - "on sale" until March 31
    Stealth Inc. 2: A Game of Clones (Wii U eShop) - "on sale" until March 31

[/list]
3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Mario & Sonic at the 2016 Rio Olympic Games - $39.99 (March 18)
3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Mutant Mudds Super Challenge - $8.49 if you own Mutant Mudds or downloaded the nindies@home demo, standard price $9.99 (cross-buy)
3DS ADD-ON CONTENT
    Fire Emblem Fates Map Pack 1 - $17.99, covers 11 additional maps released weekly from February 25
    Royal Royale (stat boosters, dread scroll, ebon wing, difficulty ****) - $2.49
3DS MENU THEMES
    Zelda Twilight Princess: Light & Twilight - $?
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    SmileBASIC (3DS eShop) - $4.99 until March 21
    Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal (3DS) - $19.99 until March 21
    Code of Princess (3DS) - $9.99 until March 21
    The Delusions of Von Sottendorff and His Square Mind (3DS eShop) - $7.99 until March 22
    The Keep (3DS eShop) - $7.99 until March 24
    Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker (3DS) - $29.99 until March 24
    Johnny's Payday Panic (3DS eShop) - $1.99 until March 31
    OlliOlli (3DS eShop) - "on sale" until March 31
    Azure Striker Gunvolt (3DS eShop) - $9.99 until June 1

Buy SmileBASIC!

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

lol @ £50 for Pokken. I thought they had been getting a little better with their UK digital prices lately (I think Splatoon was like £35 digital)

I guess they can get away with that price since it's Pokemon but I dunno why anyone wouldn't just buy the physical version

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Help Im Alive posted:

lol @ £50 for Pokken. I thought they had been getting a little better with their UK digital prices lately (I think Splatoon was like £35 digital)

I guess they can get away with that price since it's Pokemon but I dunno why anyone wouldn't just buy the physical version

They seem to have issues pricing the digital downloads. I bought a physical pre-order of Twilight Princess HD because it was $48 and came with the Amiibo, while the digital download was $60.