Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Sarchasm posted:

I haven't played the 3D remake, but I'm prepared to back you up on this based on my memories of the Genesis version.

Do you feel it? That nagging feeling of emptiness inside you? Eating at you? Day after day? All because you haven't stopped everything of non-importance and bought the 3D version of Shinobi 3, pronto. Be the change you want in your life, man. Go get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Shinobi 3 is a game I never played back in the day, but I can still appreciate because it fucken owns so hard

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

NA people, the Resident Evil games are on sale until the 29th: Revelations (Wii U) is $10, Revelations & Mercenaries 3DS are $5 each.

that's a pretty good deal! revelations 1's raid mode (the new mercenaries game) isn't as good as 2's but it's still fun

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Is revelations worth getting on the 3ds? I am a crazy person who enjoyed the core mechanics of RE6 if that makes a difference.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Lord Lambeth posted:

Is revelations worth getting on the 3ds? I am a crazy person who enjoyed the core mechanics of RE6 if that makes a difference.

it'll control more like re4 and 5 (unless you're one of the few to have a circle pad pro) and is definitely more like an older re as far as mood and tone go, but i'm a big fan. also at $5 lol who cares

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

absolutely anything posted:

ultimate genesis collection couldn't even bother to let you lock on sonic & knuckles to its appropriate games

That wasnt laziness or incompetency though. It was a choice of either getting the lockon feature working, or axing several games completely due to time/budget constraints.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Neddy Seagoon posted:

That wasnt laziness or incompetency though. It was a choice of either getting the lockon feature working, or axing several games completely due to time/budget constraints.

i know that's what they said but that's the worst excuse i've heard in my life. unless they were absolutely adamant on making sure s3&k did the first boot save data carry over from sonic 3, which why would they be barely anyone even knows or cares that this is a thing, putting in the lock on games is absolutely the most trivial, zero-work thing in the world. you don't have to do any loving engineering it's a completely figured out thing. there were dos programs for windows 98 that could do it for you. there's already connected roms they could have just used.

the more cynical side of me feels that they didn't put it in because then nobody would have bought the xbla version of sonic & knuckles they put out later in the year

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Lord Lambeth posted:

It's a solid (if a bit short and repetitive) RE game which controls like RE4/5 with the ability to strafe while aiming but no gun upgrade mechanics (instead, you have boring numerical stat mods to slot in to your guns), and is closer to older RE games in terms of tone. It's good for $5 if you enjoy both styles of RE games.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
I'm a fan of all of the early 2D Shinobi games, including the first one from the arcade. It's very hard, but thus was the nature of arcade games to take more quarters. I bought Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection because both that and Golden Axe Warrior were unlockable games for it. It does only have that one and Shinobi III (which is perhaps the best), but I do wish that it had Shadow Dancer and Revenge of Shinobi as well, if only to have all four on one compilation.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
My memories of Shinobi III are that the music when you're on the horse is awesome, and the brain monster at the end of stage 3 scared the poo poo out of me as a kid. But I didn't know it got a remake! Thanks goons.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

codenameFANGIO posted:

It's a lovely convenience store. They're all over Western New York at least.

Yeah there's one down the street from me but I was just confused because I didn't know they sold gift cards and I find it to be an odd place to have them on sale

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
Shadow Dancer is the best Shinobi game because it has the coolest ninja costume and a cute dog.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Shadow Dancer plays like the first Shinobi game and is thus bad.

The dog is cool though. Good dog.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Looks like NA is getting Yoshi's Story for a VC title this week.

I guess they're holding Star Fox 64 to release alongside Zero?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Yoshi's Story was the biggest piece of poo poo at the time, I loved Mario World 2 and wanted more of that!!!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

triplexpac posted:

Yoshi's Story was the biggest piece of poo poo at the time, I loved Mario World 2 and wanted more of that!!!

Good news; go play Yoshi's Wooly World.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Edgy opinion: Woolly World is merely pretty good

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Story wasn't that bad in retrospect, especially compared to DS and New. All melon challenges were pretty fun.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Trying to get all the melons was awful since if you hosed up one of the dumb minigames like the awful balancing ones, you had to start the level over because they didn't reset. Bullshit!!!

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
I'm trying to come up with what's left for them to put on the N64 VC in NA.

Pilotwings 64
Wave Race
Star Fox 64
Majora's Mask
Super Smash Bros.

Isn't that it for First Party stuff? Even Mario Party I-III were developed by Hudson and produced by Nintendo, which would mean getting Konami's approval, right? (Konami could also put three Bomberman, two Castlevania, and two Goemon games out there, but Konami doesn't do videogames anymore, especially on WiiU).

Even if Nintendo's BFF Capcom got into N64 VC, what would there be? The Resident Evil N64 versions? Mega Man 64?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Trying to get all the melons was awful since if you hosed up one of the dumb minigames like the awful balancing ones, you had to start the level over because they didn't reset. Bullshit!!!

The VC version has a save state

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
They never released Excitebike 64 on either the Wii or WiiU VC.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
True, I forgot Excitebike 64 existed.

I also forgot about the Pokemon games. My guess is that Snap is possible, but the Stadiums aren't and they'd be happy to forget Hey You Pikachu existed.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

It would be pretty sick if they did Stadium and made it so you could zap your dudes from Red and Blue 3ds VC but that sounds like a crazy amount of work they will not do.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
A Snap game would really benefit from the motion controls, but I don't think VC can use those?

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

codenameFANGIO posted:

It would be pretty sick if they did Stadium and made it so you could zap your dudes from Red and Blue 3ds VC but that sounds like a crazy amount of work they will not do.

Or the Game Boy Tower area.

Play a Wii U emulation of an N64 game emulating a 3DS emulation of a Game Boy game!

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Dr Cheeto posted:

A Snap game would really benefit from the motion controls, but I don't think VC can use those?

No but you could use the Gamepad as a gyroscopic camera, which would be awesome. Of course this also falls under the "Cool but too much effort for a VC game" category.

As far as N64 games go, there's still the greatest 64 game of all time: Mischief Makers.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Patter Song posted:

Or the Game Boy Tower area.

Play a Wii U emulation of an N64 game emulating a 3DS emulation of a Game Boy game!

I didn't realize that was in the game but what the hell, I am down.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Patter Song posted:

Even Mario Party I-III were developed by Hudson and produced by Nintendo, which would mean getting Konami's approval, right?

No, Nintendo owns them and can release them as they wish. The only one they've ever re-released is MP2, however (and Japan's getting it again on Wii U next week).

Pilotwings/Excitebike 64 have never been re-released, I don't know why.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

FanaticalMilk posted:

As far as N64 games go, there's still the greatest 64 game of all time: Mischief Makers.

An Enix title, therefore owned by SE, which hasn't been particularly fond of the Virtual Console (though the release of FFTA indicates that that may be changing...?).

Enix's games never get enough love. Outside of Dragon Quest, they never get any love.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Patter Song posted:

An Enix title, therefore owned by SE, which hasn't been particularly fond of the Virtual Console (though the release of FFTA indicates that that may be changing...?).

Enix's games never get enough love. Outside of Dragon Quest, they never get any love.

I agree it's not likely, but it's still the one I want the most. Speaking of Enix games, I'd also like E.V.O.: Search for Eden to show up on the VC as well.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Patter Song posted:

True, I forgot Excitebike 64 existed.

I also forgot about the Pokemon games. My guess is that Snap is possible, but the Stadiums aren't and they'd be happy to forget Hey You Pikachu existed.

Snap is already on the Wii VC.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

less laughter posted:

Snap is already on the Wii VC.

Yeah, a lot of the games I mentioned earlier are on Wii VC (Super Smash Bros, Wave Race, Star Fox, and Majora's Mask).

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Mario Party 1 will probably never be re-released again because of the rotating stick games.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I liked the duel mode in MP3, that was fun

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Yr sister is a beauty when she's naked
Grimey Drawer

SeANMcBAY posted:

Mario Party 1 will probably never be re-released again because of the rotating stick games.

I still remember the blisters.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Mario Party 1 is such a fun trip down memory lane. Stigmata scabs, and all the kids were going crazy about em.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Mario Party 2 is also on the Wii VC. Hoping it gets ported to the Wii U one because I've only got one classic controller and the drat Gamepad doesn't work in Wii mode.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

FanaticalMilk posted:

No but you could use the Gamepad as a gyroscopic camera, which would be awesome. Of course this also falls under the "Cool but too much effort for a VC game" category.

I'd love to see Mischief Makers rereleased in any form, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's one of those games so obscurely coded that asking them to emulate it properly on the WiiU VC would be met with a solemn thousand-yard stare or outright sobbing. They do some technically-weird things in that game (the bosses made of pieces animated in sync, etc) on a console infamous for already-esoteric coding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

shake shake.