Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

MyNintendo rewards you with watching your bonus points burn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'd spend them if there was anything worth spending on

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

RIP Club Nintendo

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
I just use platinum coins to buy 3DS themes when they're about to expire, though even then I've had hundreds of them expire before I noticed. I've only used the gold ones to buy Art of Balance so far since some of them were about to expire and that covered it but the ones I have start expiring again at the end of next month, so

I remember when Zelda Picross was first meant to go away and wondering if I should get it or wait to see what they replaced it with. Then instead they just left it there indefinitely and have put nothing else anywhere near as good up since lol. Like, just throw the Japanese-exclusive Club Nintendo Picross Plus on there as a gold reward! That'd have to be relatively cheap and easy to do, right?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

This week's drop (all releases Jan 25, unless otherwise stated).

Note: eShop updates at 12 noon EST/9am PST for NA, 15.00 CET/14.00 GMT for Europe.

Switch
ACA NeoGeo World Heroes 2 - $7.99 / £6.29 / €6.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
"WORLD HEROES 2" is a fighting game released by SNK in 1993.

Players are able to take part in epic battles between 14 historic figures such as Hanzo Hattori and Jeanne. Players can enjoy numerous battle strategies via the simple but deep game system featuring mechanics such as "Throw Back" and "Projectile Bounce Back".

Arcade Archives Kid Niki Radical Ninja - $7.99 / £6.29 / €6.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Kid Niki Radical Ninja is an action game released in 1986 by IREM. Destroy the enemies in your way and defeat the boss that appears in each stage as you head to the castle to save the captured princess. Enjoy the colourful stages and unique enemies as you battle along and aim for a high score.

Celeste - $19.99 / £17.99 / €19.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Help Madeline survive her inner demons on her journey to the top of Celeste Mountain, in this super-tight, hand-crafted platformer from the creators of multiplayer classic TowerFall.

ChromaGun - $19.99 / £17.99 / €19.99 (Jan 22)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Welcome to ChromaTec’s test lab! You’re here to test our newest, state-of-the-art military-grade colour-technology: The ChromaGun (patent pending)! Use it to try and solve our meticulously designed test chambers.

Dustoff Heli Rescue 2 - $14.99 / £13.49 / €14.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Jump into the hot seat of a combat helicopter and fly behind enemy lines under heavy fire as you search and rescue hostages! Play through 35 tense missions that include rescuing hostages, providing air support, protecting convoys and of course wiping out the enemy. Tackle windy deserts, snow storms, blazing forests and weave through underground caves in search for your men. Fly 12 different machines and gradually upgrade each with more powerful guns, rockets and missiles as you take the fight to the enemy!

Earth Wars - $4.50 / £4.00 / €4.00
Digital - [NA] [EU]
In the year 2020 the world has become a nest for the unknown hostile organisms (E.B.E.). No current weapons appear to make any impact on the E.B.E. leaving humanity powerless, and on the brink of destruction. However, humanity has now got one last hope for survival in the development of bioarmor which fuses the EBE's body tissue with metal. These are the Special Enhanced A.N.T.I troops who have incorporated this weaponry with remodeling surgery. With the power of the A.N.T.I., humanity for the first time successfully destroys the EBE Baron class. In the wake of this victory, humanity has mounted a large-scale counteroffensive. With the hopes of the new strength of the A.N.T.I.

Fantasy Hero: Unsigned Legacy - $9.99 / £8.99 / €9.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Save the world in "Fantasy Hero -Unsigned Legacy-", by choosing from one of four heroes, and reclaiming what was lost to the Decoders!

Set yourself on fire and charge head in, or pulverize them with powerful throws. Like keeping a safe distance from your opponents?

Then, pick them off with projectiles, or send your robot in to do your bidding.

The variety of combat styles and skills will let players build heroes to their liking.

Island Flight Simulator - $19.99 / £17.99 / €19.99 (Feb 1 NA / Jan 24 EU)
Digital/Retail - [NA] [EU]
Enjoy fantastic open-ended gameplay, touch down in the tropics and transport freight between 12 exotic islands in more than a hundred exciting missions.

Only the most daring pilots will take the risk of accepting both highly lucrative and illegal missions from shifty clients.

Lost Sphear - $49.99 / £39.99 / €49.99 (Jan 23)
The adventure of LOST SPHEAR begins in a remote town of Elgarthe where a young boy, Kanata, awakens from a devastating dream to find his hometown disappearing.

Facing an ominous power that threatens the fabric of reality, he must awaken the power of Memory to restore the LOST.

To stop the world from disappearing forever, Kanata and his comrades set out to rebuild the world mustering different Memory and crafting the world around them.

Shu - $9.99 / £7.69 / €8.49 (Jan 23)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
When the great and terrible Storm destroys Shu's village, he embarks on a desperate journey to survive. On his travels he'll encounter stranded villagers – survivors of the devastation that need his help. In return for his assistance, these peculiar characters will grant Shu unique special abilities that he can use to traverse the treacherous path ahead.

Their only hope is to work together in search of sanctuary – and a way to stop the Storm. Can you outrun the end of world?

Space Dave - $9.99 / £ ? / € ? (Jan 25 NA / ? EU)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Space Dave!, the spiritual successor to the hit game Woah Dave!, is a modern take on the fixed shooters of yesteryear. Defend your ground against the alien onslaught! Protect your terrain from their endless arsenal of weapons!

Taking a page from classic arcade games, Space Dave! offers a seemingly infinite variety of weird and challenging alien types with varying attack patterns. If you manage to stay alive, you just might be able to build up your arsenal and collect enough power-ups to turn the tides against your would-be alien captors. That is, until the bosses show up…

And don't let its retro appearance fool you: Space Dave! is a modern game for the modern weirdo, with features such as...

• Local two-player coop!
  • Leaderboards to prove once and for all who among your friends is the superior Dave!
  • A multitude of power-ups! Put an end to the alien invasion in style!
  • Much-needed answers to the many questions surrounding the mysterious Dave.
  • Eight playable characters, a few of which you may recognize...

Strikers 1945 II - $7.99 / £6.99 / €6.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
If you went to a video arcade, you might know a certain name... The name is Psikyo.

Psikyo’s games were dubbed "Psikyo Shooting” by fans due to their difficulty, and is regarded as a different game genre on its own.

STRIKERS 1945 II is one of the famous works from the Psikyo shooting genre.

Psikyo is the best choice when you really want to enjoy shooting game!

Super One More Jump - $7.00 / £4.99 / €5.59
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Super One More Jump is a hand-crafted intense arcade platformer. Simple to learn one button controls. Hard to master levels.

Test your muscle memory, concentration and sanity! Now fully reworked and upgraded for Nintendo Switch!

Tachyon Project - $9.99 / £8.99 / €9.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Tachyon Project is an action packed dual-stick shooter driven by a story.

Through the story mode you'll progressively unlock all the weapons, secondary weapons and perks available to configure your ship. You'll need them to face the increasingly hard enemies you'll find with over 30 different types (including 4 bosses).

In Tachyon Project you take control of Ada, a software program that has taken conscience and that was designed to hack into the most secure servers on Earth. After some rather misterious events, Ada is thrown out of the test server where it was living and out into the Internet, but when she tries to go back there she finds she's unable to. She'll then start a journey to uncover the truth behind what happened to her creators, which she considers her parents. In the process she'll find out that things were a bit more complex than she initially thought.

Tennis - $7.99 / £6.29 / €6.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
A tennis game that can be picked up and played by anyone. Enjoy the game by yourself, or play against family and friends. With eight characters and six courts available, feel the excitement that tennis brings.

The game can be played not only with the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller, but also by swinging the Joy-Con or by touching the screen.

Zero Gunner II - $ ? / £6.99 / €6.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Famous for its cool world and innovatively omnidirectional shooting system, ZERO GUNNER 2, is coming back as ZERO GUNNER 2-.

Let’s blast off every enemy's planes from various sides of your screen.

Fans who have enjoyed Psikyo Shooting will definitely enjoy this new Zero Gunner 2-

The compilation of Psikyo shooting game, ZERO GUNNER 2-, is now on release!!

3DS
Pokemon Crystal [GBC VC] - $9.99 / £8.99 / €9.99 (Jan 26)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
When it debuted on the Game Boy Color, Pokémon Crystal Version introduced many new and exciting elements to the Pokémon franchise. An expanded version of Pokémon Gold Version and Pokémon Silver Version, it was the first Pokémon game to allow players to choose between a male or female playable character, as well as being the first game to introduce animations during Pokémon battles.

In this version of Pokémon Crystal Version, you will also have the chance to encounter the mythical Pokémon Celebi in an event after completing the game. In the original version of Pokémon Crystal Version, Celebi could only be obtained by using a special accessory.

Pokémon Crystal Version is compatible with the wireless communication features of Nintendo 3DS and Trainers can enjoy Link Trades and Link Battles between Virtual Console versions of Pokémon Crystal Version, Pokémon Gold Version and Pokémon Silver Version.

In addition, Pokemon Crystal Version is also compatible with the Time Capsule function, allowing players to Link Trade Pokémon between the Virtual Console versions of Pokemon Crystal Version, Pokémon Gold Version, Pokémon Silver Version, Pokémon Red Version, Pokémon Blue Version, or Pokémon Yellow Version: Special Pikachu Edition in Pokémon Centres within the games.

Pokémon Crystal Version will also be compatible with Pokémon Bank. With the addition of Pokémon Crystal Version to this service, it is now possible to bring Pokémon from all core games in the series to Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon.

Zig Zag Go - $1.49(Jan 26 NA / ? EU)
Digital - [NA]
Use the touch screen to switch directions quickly and avoid oncoming shapes. Endless fun for everyone!

The EU eShop has a launch offer for Tachyon Project, it's 20% off (£7.19 / €7.99) until Feb 1st.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Meanwhile, "Miitomo closes on May 9, 2018"

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

SelenicMartian posted:

Meanwhile, "Miitomo closes on May 9, 2018"
I'm the guy with OCD who played it everyday.

I wish there was a Mii game on the Switch that I could at least export the outfits I've got from it to, but lol I'm the loser who played Miitomo, so the joke's on me.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

irlZaphod posted:

Zero Gunner II - $ ? / £6.99 / €6.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Famous for its cool world and innovatively omnidirectional shooting system, ZERO GUNNER 2, is coming back as ZERO GUNNER 2-.

Let’s blast off every enemy's planes from various sides of your screen.

Fans who have enjoyed Psikyo Shooting will definitely enjoy this new Zero Gunner 2-

The compilation of Psikyo shooting game, ZERO GUNNER 2-, is now on release!!

Note that there's a very good reason they call this 2-, as in Two Minus - because it's a bad version and they know it. They didn't have the original source code, so they had to remake the game from scratch and were very well aware that what they produced was an inferior product. It's especially sad since I've always wanted to try Zero Gunner 2, but this version is definitely one to give a miss.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

I played a couple hours of earth wars (which was a couple more than i was expecting to) and it's actually pretty fun. I bought it because it looked kind of ridiculous and it's only 4€ but I'm beginning to think it's actually a steal at that price. All the animations are really stiff and awkward but that's my only real complaint, the game is very professional looking and competently made otherwise, and has way more depth and content than I'd expected. It's a bit button mashy but definitely not mindless, I've already died a couple times.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Echo Chamber posted:

I'm the guy with OCD who played it everyday.

I wish there was a Mii game on the Switch that I could at least export the outfits I've got from it to, but lol I'm the loser who played Miitomo, so the joke's on me.

I did until like, last summer. And I appear to have not missed anything in the interval.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Wait, there's something weird going on with Earth Wars. See, here's this steam game called Earth's Dawn (released december 2016) http://store.steampowered.com/app/494600/EARTHS_DAWN/

That's Earth Wars with another title (same developer too) and also a 30€ price tag! And the price on switch is not marked as a discount, at all!

So they rebranded their game, for whatever reason, and also decided they were selling it for about 25€ too much??? I'm not complaining though, and I think I would be if I paid 30 for the game because it does feel more than a bit cheap at times. Especially the visuals.

Amppelix fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Jan 26, 2018

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Amppelix posted:

Wait, there's something weird going on with Earth Wars. See, here's this steam game called Earth's Dawn (released this last december) http://store.steampowered.com/app/494600/EARTHS_DAWN/

That's Earth Wars with another title (same developer too) and also a 30€ price tag! And the price on switch is not marked as a discount, at all!

So they rebranded their game, for whatever reason, and also decided they were selling it for about 25€ too much??? I'm not complaining though, and I think I would be if I paid 30 for the game because it does feel more than a bit cheap at times. Especially the visuals.

It looks like the PC/console release was handled by an external publishing company who decided $30 made more sense. The Switch version is self-published by the original devs and they stuck with the $5 price tag which is what they're also charging on the Android store. And Earth Wars/Earth's Dawn is a localization change from those same publishers. Weird

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Celeste is a very fun platformer with nice music that I totally recommend.

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

:yeah:
in earth wars every once in a while i will jump in a certain place and a little gold medal will appear but i have no idea what it is and i cant find anything about it in the journal

The Manticore
Aug 23, 2008

Did you mean to make that post, or were you just pushing keys at random?

AfroGunsou posted:

in earth wars every once in a while i will jump in a certain place and a little gold medal will appear but i have no idea what it is and i cant find anything about it in the journal

They're collectible hidden medallions. I don't know if they do anything, but if one shows up, it means you've just discovered it. Apparently you can see which ones you haven't found after you beat the game.

Having them silently flicker in and out of existence isn't very exciting though, so I doubt I'll bother seeking them out.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

There's a new round of MN discounts.

And Wii U VC has just got a Japanese-only RPG, in Europe.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Which one?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Sakurazuka posted:

Which one?

Necromancer for the TurboGrafX.

With no localization whatsoever, it's just the japanese version text and all.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Necromancer for the TurboGrafX.

With no localization whatsoever, it's just the japanese version text and all.

Lol wild

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

SelenicMartian posted:

There's a new round of MN discounts.

Wario Land II 50% off for 20 gold points works for me.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Nintendo email
'Hey, new user, did you know about those 5 awesome Switch features?'
#5 - My Nintendo points and rewards
:downsbravo:

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Thanks to My Nintendo, I now have Mighty Switch Force 1 and it owns, so I'm getting Hyper Drive and 2 on my Wii U.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

maybe mynintendo will start being worth something when the switch online service thingy is all set up
or not, idk

IAmKale
Jun 7, 2007

やらないか

Fun Shoe
I burned some Platinum Coins today on the Xenoblade 2 wallpapers. Did they render these things on a Switch? This is the logo (cropped but otherwise untouched) from the 4K version of the Argentum Trade Guild one:

(Click the res for full size)

Come the gently caress on, Nintendo, at least pretend to put some effort into My Nintendo! :sigh:

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Augus posted:

maybe mynintendo will start being worth something when the switch online service thingy is all set up
or not, idk

They're probably terrified of releasing anything worthwhile because of the amount of coins fans have accrued, with nothing to spend them on

Though the whole thing is a ruse to get you to buy their old games you'd never buy otherwise for like a couple bucks off

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Zat posted:

Wario Land II 50% off for 20 gold points works for me.

I played through this again last month for the first time since it came out originally and it still loving owns.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

IAmKale posted:

I burned some Platinum Coins today on the Xenoblade 2 wallpapers. Did they render these things on a Switch? This is the logo (cropped but otherwise untouched) from the 4K version of the Argentum Trade Guild one:

Come the gently caress on, Nintendo, at least pretend to put some effort into My Nintendo! :sigh:

Dude, they don't give a poo poo. This is the calendar they offered this month - I think they've fixed it now but it was like this for a few days:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Kirby don't give a gently caress about your Gregorian system

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

You think Kirby knows how a calendar works? You think Kirby gives a gently caress? Every day he's not actively doing something he's just eating and sleeping. The only schedule he needs.

(but lmfao that's a real bad fuckup)

I_Like_Me
Dec 26, 2004

IAmKale posted:

I got a birthday email from them with a 30% off a Select Digital Title.... No Switch games.... Wii U and 3DS... Thanks Nintendo!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I_Like_Me posted:

I got a birthday email from them with a 30% off a Select Digital Title.... No Switch games.... Wii U and 3DS... Thanks Nintendo!

There's quite a few good games on those platforms!

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

In Training posted:

There's quite a few good games on those platforms!

They should offer some of them maybe

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

This week's drop (all releases Feb 1, unless otherwise stated).

Note: eShop updates at 12 noon EST/9am PST for NA, 15.00 CET/14.00 GMT for Europe.

Switch
3D Mini Golf - $19.99 / £17.99 / €19.99
Experience virtual but realistic minigolf and master an entertaining match on over 54 challenging holes, 18 of which are faithfully modelled after official courses in the real world.

Three scenarios in glorious HD are waiting for the discerning minigolf enthusiast: a lovely green park, a camping site in the mountains and a dreamy sandy beach.

Use your profile to keep track of your statistics. Thanks to the integrated medal system you collect virtual rewards for your best matches. Try improving your own records in Challenge and Tournament mode or face off against your friends in multiplayer mode.

ACA NeoGeo Samurai Shodown II - $7.99 / £6.29 / €6.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
SAMURAI SHODOWN II is a fighting game released by SNK in 1994.

The legendary weapon-wielding fighting game returns stronger and sharper than ever! Four newcomers join the battle for a total of 15 combatants ready to step on the stage of grand battles. With the new Rage System and Weapon Breaking Attacks, epic and intense battles are waiting for you!

AeternoBlade - $14.99 / £13.49 / €14.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
In the region of Awelsia, vengeful Freyja travels with an unknown weapon called AeternoBlade. Freyja looks to take revenge on Beladim, the Lord of the Mist who destroyed her village, Ridgerode, and felled her tribe.

Her vengeance is helped by Vernia, who has as much merit as Beladim. Vernia taught Freya about the abilities of AeternoBlade. Freya has to venture into many different world dimensions to discover how to annihilate Beladim.

What is AeternoBlade? How can Freya take revenge on Beladim? Solve tonnes of mysteries in her adventure together!

Crypt of the Necrodancer - $19.99 / £ ? / € ? (Feb 1 NA / Feb 8 EU)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Can you survive this deadly dungeon of dance, slay the NecroDancer, and recapture your still beating heart? Or will you be a slave to the rhythm for all eternity?

Players must move on the beat to navigate randomly generated dungeons while battling dancing skeletons, zombies, dragons, and more, while grooving to the game's award winning Danny Baranowsky soundtrack! You can even team up with a friend in local co-op mode!

Frederic 2: Evil Strikes Back - $4.99 / £3.99 / €4.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Defeat famous opponents in musical duels. Immerse yourself in the fantastic story of Frederic's endeavours. Catch all the Easter Eggs and subtle parodies hidden in the background. Practice your skills until perfection and become the Master of the Piano.

The world of music is once again threatened. The art of soulful music, the kind that touches your heart, is in grave danger of disappearing. The evil forces that you fought so bravely are back! And they are even more powerful and desperate. Once again you'll need to step into Frederic Chopin's shoes and face opponents that have only one agenda – to enslave the musical world, mass produce soulless artists with their same-sounding radio hits, and reap enormous profits, hindering any creativity in the process.

Her Majesty's Spiffing - $9.99 / £9.99 / €9.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
In the wake of a political crisis Britain finds itself increasingly isolated from global society. Frustrated by the demise of this once great nation Her Majesty the Queen concludes the elected representatives in London are no longer fit to govern her United Kingdom.

Establishing S.P.I.F.F.I.N.G. (Special Planetary Investigative Force For Inhabiting New Galaxies) Her Majesty has turned to the stars in a bid to establish a new, Galactic British Empire!

Assuming command of the near futuristic space ship HMSS Imperialise and her crew (distinguished veteran and gentleman Captain Frank Lee English and Aled, his mild-mannered South Walean colleague) YOU will venture into the cosmos, solving puzzles, engaging in witty banter, deal with crippling claustrophobia, gradually succumb to the sustained exposure of cosmic radiation and so on, all for Queen and Country.

Island Flight Simulator - $19.99 / £17.99 / €19.99 (Feb 1 NA / Jan 24 EU)
Enjoy fantastic open-ended gameplay, touch down in the tropics and transport freight between 12 exotic islands in more than a hundred exciting missions.

Only the most daring pilots will take the risk of accepting both highly lucrative and illegal missions from shifty clients.

Mad Carnage - $4.99 / £4.49 / € 4.99
In the world after the Great War, you will take control of intimidating petrol beasts, each with their own unique weapons and gameplay mechanics. Upgrade your cars, then battle it out in Campaign mode or on one of the 8 Custom Game maps! Invite a friend for local Multiplayer versus! Can YOU survive the Mad Carnage?

The Men of Yoshiwara: Kikuya - $19.99 / £15.99 / €19.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
What is The Men of Yoshiwara: Kikuya? This is a popular romance game for women.

A closed island where baby boys are not born. A unique culture that is completely different from the mainland has been flourishing on the island. In the middle of the island, there is a district where men are gathered. Some women just want children. Others are looking for love.

Knowingly deceived by a lie, and deceived in return, all in a single night's dream. At the end, to whom is it that you will be talking of love?

Night in the Woods - $19.99 / £17.09 / €18.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
College dropout Mae Borowski returns home to the crumbling former mining town of Possum Springs, seeking to resume her aimless former life and reconnect with the friends she left behind. But things aren't the same. Home seems different now and her friends have grown and changed. Leaves are falling and the wind is growing colder. Strange things are happening as the light fades.

And there's something in the woods.

Join Mae on a trip through her hometown and into the dark on the other side.

Night in the Woods is an adventure game focussed on exploration, story, and character, featuring dozens of characters to meet and lots to do across a lush, vibrant world. Break stuff, play bass, hang out, walk on powerlines, jump between roofs, and discover strange, amazing and terrible things you never asked for.

Come home and waste your life away in Possum Springs.

Shiftlings - Enhanced Edition - $11.25 / £11.29 / €12.49
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Shiftlings is a colorful puzzle platformer with a twist! You're controlling two quirky custodians who are tethered together; one large and one small. Play alone or work together with a friend to run, bounce and swap size through 55 challenging levels.

Each level challenges you to utilize various mechanics to avoid traps and reach the objective. Collectible cola bottles add replay value by opening up new levels and challenges to experience.

Warning: Use your wits to turn the tether into an advantage. Failure to comply may lead to hilarious results.

Sky Force Reloaded - $9.99 / £8.99 / € 9.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
The shoot-‘em-up you were looking for!

Sky Force Reloaded is the spirit of the classic arcade shoot-‘em-ups, captured with modern visuals and design. This new entry in the series will keep you entertained with all the things you’ve came to love in scrolling shooters. Meaty explosions, incinerating lasers, collosal bosses and diverse aircrafts to pilot.

Sky Force Reloaded is not your average scrolling shooter. It will draw you in with its beautiful environments and intense effects. It will keep you playing with its superb gameplay mechanics, progression system and in-game collectibles. It will leave you wishing for more, once it’s over. Fortunately, there’s a lot to do before that happens.

Welcome to your new favourite shoot-‘em-up. Welcome to Sky Force Reloaded!

SteamWorld Dig - $9.99 / £8.99 / €9.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
SteamWorld Dig is a platform mining adventure with strong Metroidvanian influences. Take the role of Rusty, a lone mining steambot, as he arrives at an old mining town in great need. Dig your way through the old earth, gaining riches while uncovering the ancient threat that lurks below...
  • A rich world of steam-driven robots, inspired by Steampunk and Western themes
  • Explore an underground world full of secrets, treasure and terrors
  • Uncover the remnants of human civilisation, a degenerate race of dynamite-wielding troglodytes
  • Randomised worlds with emergent gameplay

WiiU
Battle Chopper (VC - TG16) - $5.99 / £5.39 / €5.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Take control of a plucky little helicopter in this multidirectional scrolling shooter.

Fight your way through volcanic terrain and underground lairs to hunt down bosses in the depths of the planet's core and save the world from a mad scientist's rule.

Image Fight (VC - TG16) - £5.39 / €5.99 (Feb 1 EU)
Digital - [EU]
IREM's beloved shoot-'em-up game is back!

First, clear the five battle simulation stages created by the Image Projector and master the advanced techniques of piloting the Daedalus.To pass the training courses, clear the levels with a score over 90%. Passing means you can get out there for the real thing: three stages of real combat in space!

Make good use of the Pod system, too, with original techniques like the Pod Shot and Rocket Fire in your arsenal to challenge any aliens who think Earth is going to be easy prey!

Image Fight II (VC - TG16) - £7.19 / €7.99 (Feb 1 EU)
Digital - [EU]
This vertically scrolling shoot-'em-up is the well-received sequel to Image Fight, originally released on PC Engine.

Three years after the Moon War, an alien force has come out of the Sagittarius sector of space and has turned its gaze on Earth.

It's up to ace pilot Show Sawamura to take control of the OF-1 Daedalus and the OF-3 Garuda and take this new threat head on, training in fierce image fights conducted in the virtual world. Score over 90% in your training missions to progress to real combat.

Make good use of the Pod system, too. Master techniques like the Pod Shot and Rocket Fire to overcome all obstacles in your way!

The day of invasion is predicted to occur in two years. Humankind must use the time it has left to fight for its survival!

Necromancer (VC - TG16) - $5.99 / £5.39 / €5.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Necromancer is a horror RPG released in 1988. You are a hero who heads out on an adventure with two other allies in order to search for the Evil Holy Sword, Necromancer, to defeat an evil force that is about to take over the Kingdom of Ishmaelia.

Defeat enemies to level up and travel the land to gather information about the Evil Holy Sword, Necromancer.

You will be able to choose your two allies among five possible candidates at the castle, which is the starting point of the game. Each ally possesses different abilities so choose them wisely and make sure that you progress the game with each character’s specialty in mind.

This is overall a relatively difficult game and will guarantee hours of challenging gameplay. We hope that you will enjoy a fantasy world full of thrill and mysteries.

Please note that this title only comes with Japanese text and is recommended for players with knowledge of the language.

Toon War - $9.99 / £ ? / €
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Toon War is a twin stick shooter game with colorful and vivid graphics.

Your mission is to liberate peaceful villages from evil forces, eliminate enemies and win over dangerous bosses.

Main Game Features:
  • Play as a military vehicle or a drone
  • Numbers of levels offering different gameplay types and pace
  • Play in different types of worlds, including snow, water and air landscapes
  • Enjoy the various set of gameplay as you win the boss fights playing regular, runner, and survival modes.
  • Rescue the hostages
  • Defuse the bombs
Character updates and customization:
  • Different types of primary and secondary weapons
  • Armor updates
  • Speed and endurance updates
More you play powerful you get. Enjoy the the game in single player mode or with your friend in 2 player co-op mode.

3DS
Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology - demo

New 3DS
Now I know My ABCs 2 - $8.99(Feb 2 NA)
Digital - [NA]
Now I know my ABCs 2, is a fun and interactive way to learn the alphabet. You're shown step-by-step how to write each letter. Your goal is to write every letter in both lowercase and uppercase. After you complete writing each letter a cool animation plays, giving positive reinforcement to help encourage the learning of even more letters!

Zig Zag Go - $1.49 / £1.39 / €1.49 (Jan 26 NA / Feb 1 EU)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Use the touch screen to switch directions quickly and avoid oncoming shapes. Endless fun for everyone!

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

They're just selling a game in Japanese? Not bothering to translate it? lol

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Shear Modulus posted:

Yup. Also the text that states "this game is entirely in japanese" is at the bottom of the description on the eShop page so... good luck spotting it.

To be fair, the screenshots make it blatantly apparent the text is Japanese. But still.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Shear Modulus posted:

There's some of these on the PS store when it's like, Japan only ps1 releases of arcade games where the text doesn't matter but this is quite insane

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Shear Modulus posted:

Pretty sure this was common during the Wii era. I know that Rondo of Blood was untranslated and never got an official one until it showed up on the PSP.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
There have been several Japanese games released on the international Virtual Console but they're all arcade ports or simple action games, not loving RPGs. My only guess is that whoever's left at Konami is literally just pushing all the same games that are available in Japan and doesn't give a poo poo.

In Training posted:

There's some of these on the PS store when it's like, Japan only ps1 releases of arcade games where the text doesn't matter but this is quite insane

Some of those import releases are also text-critical but Sony literally won't let publishers change anything about PS1/PS2 Classics, whereas Nintendo will let publishers translate games or edit out copyright-infringing sprites or whatever.

I wouldn't expect Konami to do that for this game but I don't get why they're even putting it out to begin with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Takoluka posted:

Pretty sure this was common during the Wii era. I know that Rondo of Blood was untranslated and never got an official one until it showed up on the PSP.

Yup, The Hanabi Festival games were all titles previously unreleased outside of Japan. Most were ones that either had a little bit of English in the menus, or were simple enough to figure out on their own. The "big" title out of them was Sin and Punishment (along with the "real' Super Mario Bros 2), and the developers actually wrote in english text for the menus just for the VC release, iirc. The English dub track, funnily enough, was from the original version :eng101:.