Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Oh, you need to update the mii plaza from within the app.

I was fruitlessly checking for 3DS system updates over and over and wondering why it wasn't unlocked yet, don't be like me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

I got through Golden Sun once, lost my cartridge, went back to try to play through it again so that I could have a save file for the sequel, and just couldn't get through it again.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

Oh boy Yoshi DS :geno:

I'm not alone in thinking Yoshi Island DS was kinda lackluster, right?

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Lodin posted:

Have you tried the Orochi series? It has most everyone from DW and SW and the story is batshit crazy and very silly.

I just hope we actually get another Nintendo spin off. It'd probably just be Fire Emblem Warriors but Mushroom Kingdom Warriors or Smash Warriors would be the best. Warriors.

Megaman Warriors.

... I can hope.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

RadicalR posted:

And the best one is...?

Generally agreed to be #3. Past that I've heard differing opinions on how the games rank up, but I like to think:

#3, for story/gameplay, and the game that wraps up what was going to be the original planned trilogy. Has one of my favorite endings in any video game.
#6, good gameplay, decent story (relatively), lots of little bells and whistles as far as battle transformations and BEAST MODE
#2, overall kinda good
#5, some people rank this one higher but the battle system just felt clunky to me and the story was kinda cliche-filled
Edit: Network Transmission gamecube spinoff game. It's okay. Nothing spectacular.
#1, The gameplay mechanics were still being felt out, missing a bunch of QoL stuff that comes later in the series
Edit: Battle Chip Challenge spinoff game. Non-canon story that's never touched on again in the rest of the series, and the card game-like gameplay isn't very deep at all (and the exact mechanics are unintuitive). Still better than #4, though.
#4... just bad. The way the game is set up you're having to play through it start to finish three times in order to get all the transformations and see all the gameplay scenes, and 80% of the game is set up in a tournament structure that gets olllld before the first playthrough is over. I could write paragraphs and paragraphs on why I hate this game.

wall monitor fucked around with this message at 17:36 on May 14, 2015

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Not a Twat posted:

These things make me so sad

What is 50hz and why is that a big deal?

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

I'm wavering on whether to get the Puzzle & Dragons bundle or not. Someone convince me one way or the other, please.

I don't own an iphone or tablet device.

I really like the base gameplay mechanic in PD. I am excited to see it in a game that's not built to be a F2P whale-hunter.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Don't get Battle Network 4.

Please don't.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Fremry posted:

Why is Splatoon so much cheaper in EU?

I think someone said NoE is trying to push amiibo sales

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

I loved Partners in Time's gameplay...

it was just so /short/ and easy. No endgame stuff either, not even like a single bonus boss or anything. I think I finished it the day after I got it and felt kinda cheated.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Pomp posted:

I liked Sticker Star a lot

absolutely anything posted:

Sticker Star was okay.

noirstronaut posted:

Sticker Star was a horrible game

less laughter posted:

Sticker Star is the worst first party game Nintendo has put out in a decade

Reading this was like the inverse of that Statler and Waldorf bit where they start off calling something horrible and by the end of the conversation they're clapping and calling for an encore

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I like Yoshi Touch & Go.

Them's fightin' words.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

less laughter posted:

And Trozei and Puzzle and Typing and Conquest and Stadium/Colosseum and Pinball

I'd strike out Trozei and add Mystery Dungeon (most of them, at least).

I just didn't like Trozei. It was one of those games that I only finished because I bought it and didn't have anything else to play.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Hakkesshu posted:

I gotta say that seems pricey for that game

Oh, but it's the COMPLETE EDITION

meaning that originally that game was released somewhere in pieces.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

I've got a gift card burning a hole in my pocket. Are any of the deals must-get? I don't own any of the games that are on sale.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

PAL update (week of July 23):
NA update (week of July 23):

By the way, thank you for posting these each week.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

I liked Squeak Squad but I thought it was kinda really short, like <3 hours to 100% it

Edit: that said I'll probably get it and try speedrunning it or something

wall monitor fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Jul 30, 2015

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Then, please tell the thread what the best Wario game is, and why it is Wario Land 2.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Hey, someone sell me on Persona Q. I like roguelikes, I like Persona 4, will I like this game?

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Okay so Persona Q consensus is mixed at best.

How about Etrian Mystery Dungeon?

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

deadly_pudding posted:

Etrian Mystery Dungeon is a roguelike, at least. Consensus, once again, is mixed. Not even joking: you might wanna wait for the next Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, because it seems like they are pulling out the stops.

They'd better be pulling out all the stops. I got burned on Gates to Infinity.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

I am kinda tempted to pick up Cooking Mama 5 and/or that Yugioh game. Anyone have any experience with either?

(Why does Yugioh get like three new games per year and we're still waiting on a new pokemon TCG game...)

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Human Resources Machine seems to be pushed back at least a week.

Triforce Heroes has single card download play, right?

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

And More posted:

Wait, Wild World is coming to Wii u, now? Why? That makes no sense.

The online stuff was kinda Wild World's big advancement in the series too, wasn't it? Without that there's no way to travel to anyone else's town, which closes off a pretty big set of the game's features...

The only thing I can think of is that Nintendo seems to be doing a big marketing push for Animal Crossing, what with releasing two games (happy home designer, amiibo festival) and the badge shop (which has to have a high rate of cross-pollination with New Leaf players), they're pushing out everything else Animal Crossing that they can as well. Hence, a crippled version of Wild World.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Go get Human Resources Machine and you too can shave off seemingly-essential error checking procedures in order to fit your code within arbitrary par time boundaries.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

No, wait, you can't get 151, can you? Mew is either event-only or you have to abuse glitches.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon is... not terrible, so far. I dunno if it'll get good or not, but two hours in I think I can pronounce it 'not terrible' at least.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

Pokemon Picross update - It costs 80 picrites to reach the next area but I only have 40. Replaying already completed stages doesn't give you picrites and I don't think there's any other way to get them except for buying more, so I guess it really is "Free to start" like they said (After the tutorial I got to play 18 puzzles + some mural puzzles though so I still think it's worth downloading if you like picross)

Huh. Really no way to get more? Any indication of daily log-in rewards or anything?

I suppose the next thing I'd want to know is how much it'd cost to just unlock all the puzzles... if it's like $5-10 to get everything then that's decent, but I have a sinking suspicion that we might be whaling out like $50...

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

less laughter posted:

Thanks for your insight, I never said it was. It does turn a good/clever title into a stupid/nonsensical one for no reason. It's just a bit of a shame.

I just now got that 'Paper Jam' is a pun.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Strange Quark posted:

A glimpse into the future.

But the future refused to change

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Kaubocks posted:

look, I can't help it if the amiibos I want aren't compatible with any games other than Smash

my kid icarus trio is never going to see any significant use

prove me wrong, nintendo

There really hasn't been a killer app for amiibo. At this point I'm thinking that there never will be.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

You're like half the reason I'm active on my SA account. (The other half is stupid mafia games.)

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Lemon Curdistan posted:

There's four Zero games (which are all good) and like, six Battle Network games. :v:

Half of those Battle Network games are good (2,3, 6) and the other ones (1, 4, 5) are varying levels of terrible. And there's two spinoffs (Battle Chip Challenge, Network Transmission) that are essentially non-canon.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Motto posted:

Which is, imo, the only BN that's up there with 3.

3, 6, 2, 5, 1, 4.

I'm kind of glad we didn't get a Battle Network 7, because based on the pattern it'd be the worst game in the series.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

ChaosArgate posted:

Hey man, Star Force wasn't that bad. Star Force 2 on the other hand...

I consider SF to be its own series, for better and for worse. It feels a little bit too much like comparing apples and oranges.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

I'm just glad that this means they're (hopefully) going to be actual games! I was worried we'd get what were basically just companion apps or something, like that Animal Crossing Plaza on Wii U.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Link's Crossbow Training is mainline, right?

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Minidust posted:

Has there been any indication of support winding down for Splatoon yet? (splatfests, etc.) I might finally get in on that action, unless it's officially considered a bad time to jump on board.

I dunno if they're working on new maps anymore, but they're still putting out new weapon variants, just at a slower rate than before.

And no indication that splatfests won't continue. It seems like relatively little work to create the content that goes with them (A few art pieces, a few lines of text for the announcers) and the currency you win from them isn't gainable anywhere else.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Oh also there's a sale, so there'll be a bunch of other new players to play with as you learn the game. I'd say this is a perfect time to get into Splatoon

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

If I was only going to get one, Wii U Hyrule Warriors or New 3DS Hyrule Warriors? Including all the DLC that's come out, is there roughly the same amount of content on both, or does the newer 3DS version have more characters/etc?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

I saw '3ds slime game' and thought they were translating/releasing Rocket Slime 3