Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Pope Guilty posted:

I can't believe Legend of the Mystical Ninja isn't on VC.

Actually I kind of can't believe that VC isn't much larger; I mean what, no Contra? There's plenty of old classics that I'm sure would sell well.

I'm pretty sure that Super C is on both the Wii and 3DS VC, and Contra III is on the Wii. There must be some licensing thing holding back the original Contra.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Ubisoft has finally released a patch for ZombiU, should be up on the Wii U eShop now. No patch notes just yet, I'll post 'em when they come in.

At the very least, the infamous nursery bug has been confirmed to be fixed.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Having the software updates actually pre-install instead of installing when the game boots is actually a pretty big deal. :shobon:

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Quest For Glory II posted:

Oh yeah I forgot summer was in October, pretty cool guys.

The system works far better than at launch right now, I'd prefer Nintendo get the next update perfect instead of sticking to a nebulous "summer" date.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

BKPR posted:

If I were to buy one of the Game Gear Sonic games, what'd be my best option?

Buying a copy of Sonic Adventure DX for like ten bucks used (for the GC, the 360/PC versions don't have them) and playing through enough of the game to unlock a couple of Game Gear games to satiate your curiosity.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

DarkHamsterlord posted:

I would recommend MM3 over MM2 (My favorite NES game is actually MM1, but that's an uncommon opinion). MM2 has a lot of annoying bullshit, such as a boss that requires you to use all of a special weapon's ammunition, and if you die or make a single mistake because you don't already know the very specific way you have to fight it, you have to spend time farming for ammo pickups because it's literally impossible without a full bar for that weapon.

MM2 is really great, but I feel like it falls apart and just stops being fun once you beat all the robot masters.

MM2 is a much better experience with save states. I never save scummed, but throwing a save in front of each boss improves the experience, especially on the boss you're talking about.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

SilverSupernova posted:

Why would you ever be short on Bubble Lead? When the hell would you even bother equipping that weapon prior to that room.

The only weapon you should ever be short on before entering a boss room is Metal Blade because gently caress yeah Metal Blade.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Jumped in on Toki Tori with the price drop/update. This game is fantastic, the puzzles are just so satisfying and the world is incredibly well designed.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Fancy Hat! posted:

What time do retail games unlock? I've had some release midnight EST. I'm dying to get my hands on the new Rune Factory.
Rune Factory isn't a Nintendo releases, so probably noon EST.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Saoshyant posted:

Oh, did I get those two confused? I was sure the Gamecube version was the one with the flipped maps and the 3DS's the one with the different puzzles.

GC Master Quest has the same puzzles as the 3DS version, but the 3DS is also mirrored.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Yeah, I played Edge on Android and liked it enough that I just might pick it up again to play it with an actual control stick.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Big NA Resident Evil sale going on right now through Halloween.

Wii U: Resident Evil Revelations (19.99)
3DS: Resident Evil Revelaitons (9.99) / Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D (9.99)

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Crawfish posted:

FINALLY getting ALTTP. Happy about that.

And we have what...2 or 3 weeks for SMB3 to turn up before it's officially put off until 2014 after two directs saying we'd be getting it in 2013.

Hope LTTP hits US this week too, just blew some Club Nintendo coins on the Wii version to upgrade before the games change in a couple hours.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

EDGE is awesome, if I hadn't played it to death on my phone already I would have bought it in a heartbeat. Actually, I only ever did a handful of the Extended levels. Can anyone tell me if you can start right on the Extended levels, because I'd pay two bucks to be able to play through them with physical buttons.

I've only done the first set of levels on Rush so far but I've had fun with it so far, I'm sure it'll get extremely difficult pretty fast. :v:

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I started playing Toki Tori and it was ok I guess as far as puzzle games go. The hard puzzles are actually hard, which is refreshing. Also bird with a giant ice gun :3:

Toki Tori 2, though… Seriously, what the hell am I doing in that game? Would it hurt to have any context or backstory or anything? Not that I love tutorials but there's nothing. It's very jarring and I gave the game a shot but I have no idea why I am doing anything so I have no motivation to play it. Even something as simple as "Save the princess" is enough, this game gives you literally nothing.

Toki Tori 2 reaches a story a little bit into the game, you have to travel through a cave and reach a town as a sort of an extended tutorial, then the world opens up to you. It does give you guidance, just stick with it.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

If you're in the UK, hop on these crazy deals ASAP.

E: can't get the link to parse on mobile, check this NeoGAF thread.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=751226

Digital titles like Pikmin 3 and Dream Team Bros for dirt cheap.

deadwing fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Jan 14, 2014

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

"Spin The Bottle: Bumpie's Party - €2.79 / £2.39"

I can't stress enough that you all need this game if you have at least two friends.

Yes. And it's about to get 6 new games. Buy Bumpie's Party.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

bushisms.txt posted:

Quick, what's the best virtual console game that's not a platformer?

Earthbound.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Jazama posted:

If you have a (NA, don't know about the other regions) 3DS, The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition is being sold for free. After four days, it will disappear again.

Hell yeah, gotta buy this on my OG 3DS so I have it on my DSi, 3DS, and XL for multiplayer goodness. Thanks for the heads up. Now where the gently caress did I put my 3DS...

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Mercury Crusader posted:

It's a pretty good 2D platformer, though some of the stages feel a bit too long.

Fun Fact: The original game in the series, The Great Giana Sisters, is a Commodore 64 game that strangely looks familiar...

Around 6 bucks was the price I was waiting for Giana Sisters. I don't know poo poo about the game except for the fact that it's a platformer and Machinae Supremacy did some of the soundtrack, but that's enough for me. :rock:

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Knytt Underground is currently on sale on the US eShop for 6.99 though 3/3.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Canned Panda posted:

Holy crap, I forgot Mario Pinball was ever a thing!

You should forget again because that game is a piece of poo poo, to put it mildly.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I think I'm gonna give Rusty's Real Deal Baseball a shot now with the praise it's getting, plus it has the best thing ever apparently.

I got home from work and started playing this and all of a sudden it's two hours later. :stare: I've spent a grand total of $5.40 on the three mini-games I have so far, I bought a catching game by haggling and the bat making game with coupons. I'd recommend getting the bat making one ASAP before getting too far into the hitting games, it's pretty cool to bring a bat you made to swing at the speed you want into them.

For the games like the bat game you buy with discount coupons, you start at 4 dollars and use three coupons to try to get the game down to the lowest it can go, $1.50. The first combination I had to get that far was a 30% off coupon, a dollar off coupon, and a 30 cent off coupon, in that order. ($4.00 --> %2.80 --> $1.80 --> $1.50). You can't take the coupon games any lower than $1.50, and apparently if you do it right without wasting coupon value you should be able to buy every game at that price.

I'm maybe halfway through Bat and Switch, just scratched the catching game I bought, and carved an A+ bat in the bat making game. At my level in Bat and Switch right now the guy throws invisible pitches which is giving me terrible flashbacks to that Winnie the Pooh flash game and that loving rear end in a top hat Tigger. It looks like there's enough variation in each mini-game (besides the bat maker) that you should be able to pump at least an hour and a half, likely more, out of each depending on your ability.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

poo poo, I loved Toadstool Tour but honestly never played Mario Golf on the N64. Is it worth picking up with the 3DS version so close?

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Unlucky7 posted:

Is the first NES Remix worth getting? I see the sequel getting better marks.

Also I am kind of taken in with Rustys Real Deal Baseball. What the gently caress is wrong with me?

1) Yes, I put ten hours into the first one getting all the stars (gently caress getting all the rainbow stars) and it was an excellent time and I'm stoked to play the formula again with a better game selection. If it seems like something you'd enjoy, I'd go for the first one since it seems like it'll be hard to go back to a worse selection of games.

2) Rusty's Real Deal is loving phenomenal, there's a ton of gameplay and challenge in every mini-game. It's kinda like what iOS games should be, a bunch of fast, simple challenges, but with the traditional Nintendo polish that sets it far above 99% of the poo poo on the Appstore. Seriously, the sound design in Rusty's is just absolutely phenomenal, you feel good as hell when you get in the rhythm of things.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

NES Remix 2 is up.

Not in US yet unfortunately, would have liked to play a bit before work tomorrow.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Gray Matter posted:

Dumb question time:

I own Super Metroid for the Wii VC. It's only $1.50 to upgrade and get it for the Wii U VC, but what do I stand to gain besides not having to go into the stupid separate Wii interface? I'm new to this Wii U thing!

You get all the other niceties that a Wii U VC game has, the save states and off screen play and such.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Louisgod posted:

I'm psyched for Blaster Master since I could never get past level 5 when I was a kid and will use the hell out of the save state feature. gently caress YOU GAME HERE I COME

i will find my frog

who took my frog

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Capcom confirmed the MM games coming next month, in no particular order: MM5, MM6, MMX3, Battle Chip Challenge.

They really need to give us the second game, yeah, and they can port the Gamecube game to eShop while they're at it.

The second game is basically the only Japanese import game I own and it's totally fuckin rad

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Renegade Kid has announced a new 3DS eShop game: Xeodrifter, a "bite-sized metroidvania" comparable to Ikachan in scope. There's a dev diary with a QR code to a 3D screenshot here:

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/234451-gonintendo-exclusive-renegade-kid-unveils-xeodrifter-for-3ds-eshop

He also talks about what's going on with some of their other announced games: Cult County ain't happening, Treasurenauts is on hold, some licensed thing they were making is dead.

If it's priced appropriately for an Ikachan-length game (two or three bucks), I'm in on this.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Akuma posted:

Hard and fairly basic. I wouldn't call it poo poo.

The physics, the most important part of a pinball game, are poo poo. It's poo poo.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

I mentioned it in the amiibo thread but it's worth mentioning here, too - from the NCL investors' briefing;

This isn't meant to signify anything about the VC, it's just a value-add for individual Amiibos.

Color me optimistic, but Amiibo Remix?

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Surlaw posted:

I'm glad these Donkey Kong games are all out today so no one accidentally spends their $10 on Titan Attacks.

Holy poo poo are they serious with that price? I got it free on PS+ and might recommend it for a buck if someone was looking for something Space Invaders-y.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

poo poo, guess I'm getting Yoshi new Island and submitting to the yoshi clan

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Regy Rusty posted:

Get literally anything else.

Hell I'm contemplating getting Animal Crossing rather than subject myself to YNI.

I have everything except for YNI and Island Tour though, so I think it's yoshi time

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

I got extremely sick right after DK64 came out and digested the whole game to 100% in some sort of donkey kong fever dream in the week I had off school and never touched it again

I don't think I can ever play it again

oooooh banana

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Kaubocks posted:

As a kid I put 90~ hours into a single save file in Donkey Kong 64 but, due to a glitch, was left unable to ever get 101%.

Game sucks, don't buy it.

forgot it went to 101% in true dk tradition :(

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

played through the first world of new yoshi's island and it's really not that bad. not a hair on the rear end of the original game, but it's like the nsmb ds to super mario bros 3. less inventive in level design, but still not bad. kicks the poo poo out of YIDS so far. also yoshi clan is just cutscene music and kinda makes sense for the cutscene

free was the right price

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Takoluka posted:

I'm a lot more tempted to drop the money on it then. Hearing "Premium Subscription" led me to believe it was a monthly fee. I could roll with this.

I got a plaza ticket today for streetpassing someone with the same birthday as me and used it to buy a gamecube hat

worth 4.99

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Fritzler posted:

I haven't seen the twitter - but we are missing two Wii games. Do those Wii games count as VC?

Kirby's Return to Dreamland
Kirby's Epic Yarn

Other games:

I think Europe got Kirby 64

I hope return to dreamland is one of those because that game is h*cka expensive still and I want to play it, 20 bucks would be ok