Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Rirse posted:

Yeah, I don't know why they didn't put more out this week then Yoshi and the very forgettable Splunker game.

Forgettable? Did you not ever actually play Spelunker?

There's a reason it had a gag strip comic running for over a decade and received an HD remake. It's definitely not because it was "forgettable" :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emalde
May 3, 2007

It's a poorly optimized and less-good Guardian Heroes (made by the same guys). If you're into the genre, it's not the worst, but the game feels sloppily put together and has some massive frame rate issues.

I enjoyed it and for $20 I'd say go for it if your income is that disposable.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Justin_Brett posted:

Is Code of Princess any good?

Short Answer: No

Long Answer: It should be, but no other game runs as poorly as CoP does on the 3DS. Literally the worst of the library in this regard. If it could be patched to run at a consistent 30FPS, it'd be easy to recommend, but they didn't/won't/can't, so it's not worth more than 5bux at most.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

The Machine posted:

Or should I just suck it up and get Rune Factory 4?

Yes.

Also, no sale on SMT4 is unfortunate. Remember, Code of Princess is not worth buying!

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Annath posted:

I can't find a Rune Factory thread (Awful App has no search) so I'll ask here:

Do I need to have played the previous games to understan/fully enjoy 4?

There are references all over the place from every previous installment for series fans (characters, music, quips from villagers/travelers, etc), but there is no connection regarding the plot or major events.

also here http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3336559

Emalde
May 3, 2007

deadly_pudding posted:

Okay, eShop Goons. If I am a person who likes both Harvest Moon and Final Fantasy (III - IX), and am going to buy one $40 title this month, should I get Bravely Default, or Rune Factory 4?

They'll both last you for months, it really comes down to whether you prefer ARPG(RF4) or Traditional(FFBD) combat in this case.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

I hope that image is not representative of the colorization of the GBA games on VC. The game looked better on my Gamecube Game Boy Player.

That's exactly what they look like on the 3DS so it wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Champeenship posted:

Brits can shell out for these Zelda and Metroid figurines on the UK online store.

Oh my god these are so expensive, I had no idea Nintendo would actually do something like this.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

univbee posted:

gently caress me, you're not kidding. Up to 300 Pound Sterling. :stare:

They cost more than any WiiU bundle does!

I bet they're selling better than the WiiU is :psyduck:

Emalde
May 3, 2007

JordanKai posted:

Yoshi's Story is good and way cuter than the also good Yoshi's Island. :colbert:

Also has unlockable super yoshis and more interesting boss fights IMO, which is why I like Story more than Island.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

It's in the settings section at the far left of the eShop, I think.

Specifically, under "Account Activity"

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Having the sword spin auto-charge and just proc on the nunchuck waggle is really OP though :v:

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Armor-Piercing posted:

Hometown is rear end.

:golfclap:

Hometown Story is pretty much not going to be worth any price they'll ever be selling it for.
Pick up any other real/upcoming Harvest Moon, Rune Factory (infinitely better), or wait for Fantasy Life.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Strange Quark posted:

Blonde is used to describe women, and blond is for men.

Oh my god, how does this language I have spoken for my entire life continue to elude me to this day with nonsense like this? Gender clauses why :negative:

Emalde
May 3, 2007

The Level-5 games don't actually seem to be on sale yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emalde
May 3, 2007

And More posted:

I just bought Weapon Shop de Omasse. Maybe you were a bit early?

:shrug: