Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

NOA is also doing a bunch of weekly character-themed sales in the lead-up to Smash; they said select games featuring "Mario, Yoshi and more classic Nintendo characters" for this week but didn't list 'em.
Does anyone have any idea if Kirby (and specifically Kirby's Dreamland 3) will be included? Was actually going to get that today, but I can wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Games are up for Club Nintendo NA:

Wii U:
Mario Bros.
Kirby Super Star

Wii:
Super Punch Out
NES Play Action Football

3DS:
The Legend of Zelda
Super Mario Bros.
Touch Solitaire
ArtStyle Pictobits

A little bummed, Kirby Super Star was the first game I bought when I bought my Wii U 2 weeks ago. I don't want Mario Bros. at all. If I had a 3DS I would totally get Zelda or Super Mario Bros.

edit: Beaten, oh well

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

JordanKai posted:

Reallyyyyyyy?
I'm still waiting for Fire Emblem in NA. I was hoping it would be out this week with the FE part of the Smash Sale.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Beef Waifu posted:

I am left-handed and if I try to play Kid Icarus on higher difficulties my hand is going to be hosed something fierce. It's a super cool game, but god drat is the control scheme a bitch. I wish they'd just port it to the Wii U or something where I have two sticks.
I felt the same way. drat righties.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

I'm definitely going to get Dreamland 3 and Tropical Freeze. My GF and I just played Superstar, and she loves Kirby. Amazing Mirror - you could play that with 2 GBAs, but on VC only one person can play at a time, right?

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

katkillad2 posted:

I feel like it gets later and later each month.
The last two (since I got a Wii U) were updated the Monday after the Sunday date on the club nintendo site. We should see it soon.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Fremry posted:

I'm not sure if this is the full list for this month, but here are the new rewards on club.nintendo.com:

Wii U

- Pilotwings (200 coins)
- Vegas Stakes (200 coins)

Wii

- Clu Clu Land (200 coins)

3DS

- Tokyo Crash Mobs (200 coins)

E:f,b
4 more games were added:
Wii:
Picture-Book Games: Pop-Up Pursuit (250 coins)

3DS:
Kirby's Pinball Land (150 coins)
Metroid II (150 coins)
Starship Defense (200 coins)

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Nintendo will have up to 30% off some eShop games from Thursday-Monday for Black Friday-Cyber Monday

Games included:
Nintendo 3DS:
Mario & Luigi™: Dream Team
Luigi’s Masion™: Dark Moon
Wario Land™ 2
Wario Land™ 3
Metroid™ II-Return of Samus™

Wii U:
The Wonderful 101™
Wii Party™ U
Mario & Luigi™: Superstar Saga
Wario Land™ 4
Metroid™ Fusion

It says: "Plus, don't forget to check out some of the other great titles on sale! Head to the Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS and look under Price Drops to find out more about these great deals!" I don't know if that means that other games will be on sale or not.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Champeenship posted:

In fact, if I remember right, Sin & Punishment is the only announced game that uses the classic controller (and even then, the remote and nunchuck is much better for it).

Pandora's Tower was announced in the EU I think. I'm really hoping for fire emblem: radiant dawn too which uses the classic controller.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Stan Taylor posted:

Is hitting platinum going to give you some bonus reward next month or do we not know yet? I'm already plat but I was saving some codes for the next cycle. I guess I'll add them now and hope I have enough coins for cool junk.

From the club.nintendo site:

2015 Elite Status

In order to reach Elite Status, you must earn 300 Coins (for Gold Status) or 600 Coins (for Platinum Status) between July 1, 2014 and March 31, 2015. Members who reach Elite Status will be able to choose a downloadable game from a wide selection of Nintendo 3DS and Wii U titles. Your free Elite Status gift will be available between April 1 and April 30, 2015. A list of the Elite Status 2015 gifts will be posted here once announced.

So it will definitely just be a downloadable title. Some of the games last year were pretty good, I'm hoping they go even bigger for the last club nintendo rewards.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Fremry posted:

Do not expect anything tomorrow. I don't remember a month that they put up the new rewards on the day you would expect. If the games said "offer expires 12/15" they would be there until 12/17-12/19 before they finally updated with the next month's rewards.
I am kind of expecting it to not update until after the N3DS XL comes out, so new owners and get stuff too, but we'll see.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

jivjov posted:

I'm just regretting burning coins on virtual console games earlier in the year..I really want that messenger bag, but I'm like 500 coins short
I picked up Metroid earlier in the year, which is now making me decide between Link's Awakening and Super Metroid. I can't decide. (On second thought, I'm pretty sure metroid gave me my last DDP credit).

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

elf help book posted:

Weird, I just downloaded and did the survey for Lucadian Chronicles and it gave me 0 coins. The survey said it would give me 10 but I got nothing. This isn't like the normal little hiccups, it's actually listed on my Accounts & Coins page with 0.

Wonder if they turned the free stuff off.

I believe Lucadian Chronicles only gives points for the post play survey, not for the initial survey.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

JumbocactuarX27 posted:

So, Club Nintendo question. I have 240 coins (Zen Pinball Wii U & that Taikai 2 demo or whatever didn't give me post-play surveys even though I downloaded them almost 2 weeks ago) and my wife was asking about getting Mario 64 on our Wii U. Is there a list of < $10 games that will net me 10 coins? Or am I better off spending $10 on Mario 64 directly and getting something else on Club Nintendo?
Here is a list of how much points products give on the club nintendo site. Scroll down to software and you can select Wii U or 3DS too.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Fremry posted:

I think he wants to keep the coins in case a game that he would get with the coins turns out to be a platinum reward.
Counter point: you can't get any more coins after March 31st. So if you're close to another reward and wait, you won't be able to get another reward. From redeeming my stuff I basically got another 200 pt game.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Abu Dave posted:

Whats the best castlevania game available on the eshop for Wii U?
Probably Aria of Sorrow for GBA VC. Also Harmony of Dissonance is good, so is Super Castlevania. I really like Castlevania III, but I can admit it's not the best.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Justin_Brett posted:

Is there any point to getting all the gold flowers in a world in Harmoknight? It was fine right up until the boss, where the game just goes 'yeah if you want to do that then eat poo poo and hope you don't miss ANYTHING'.
No, just for getting the royal note in every level I believe.I'm playing that game as a club nintendo reward too now.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

The Lobster posted:

At any rate if it's all right for me to post my Tipping Stars levels here, here they are:

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHi_agXS0g
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHi_qFiwTQ

There has to be some way to find them from your Wii U/3DS from that.
Out of curiosity, how do you get the code for the other version? Where is it located? Is it in the eShope when you download it, or what?

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Haruharuharuko posted:

Took like 40 minutes. I think they might have done it because there were a shitload I missed post play not just product registration.
I actually called them today. I had some points expire over the summer (400) and I was in Afghanistan, so I asked for those points back. The customer service rep said he would send in a request for the 400 points and just turned on the post-plays without me even asking for that. An hour later I got an email from Nintendo and they gave me those 400 points not asking for any proof (I had paperwork ready to send them).

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Was there supposed to be an Atlus sale starting today? I'm going out of town later today, and wanted to download an Etrian Odyssey on sale. I might get Dual Destinies instead now.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

I'm legitimately a little upset about ds/n64 vc on Wii U because it means I'm waiting even longer for fire emblem 8.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

In Europe we got Codename Steam + Kirby like 2 months later than you guys for some reason. All of the balls are dropping
I'm still waiting for my Wii U VC release of The Sacred Stones (and Mario Puzzle and Dragons but that's only three weeks so it isn't a big deal).

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

I don't suppose any of those themes are free if you have the games digitally? I'm finally playing dual destinies after picking it up in the last sale.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Ronnie posted:

At what time does the e-shop get updated?
Usually seems to be Noon eastern/9 am pacific for me.

edit: anyone have any good recommendations on this sale? I only have the games that were in the humble bundle. Is Shantae good? I hear pretty polarizing things about it in the smash thread.

Fritzler fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Jul 9, 2015

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Ineffiable posted:

Why are some wiiu games in the 3ds sales/promotion section. Are they cross buy? (like shantae or mighty switch force 2)
Those games are part of an Indie promotion. IF you own one of those games all of the other games on the list are discounted (60% I think but don't quote me).

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Rirse posted:

Looks like three Kirby games are coming to the eShop this week for the NA region? Nintendo twitter didn't say which ones, so which are missing that are out in EU and JP?
I haven't seen the twitter - but we are missing two Wii games. Do those Wii games count as VC?

Kirby's Return to Dreamland
Kirby's Epic Yarn

Other games:

I think Europe got Kirby 64

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Supercar Gautier posted:

Nintendo doesn't put digital Wii games under the "Virtual Console" branding, since their functionality/features aren't the same. But the tweet doesn't actually specify VC, so the Wii games very well could be in the mix.
Interesting. Well those games are options. Any DS game (Squeak Squad, Mass Attack, Canvas curse, Superstar Ultra) are also options.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Cloks posted:

This, basically. It's crazy that it's still fifty bucks, especially for a Kirby game
I'm really hoping for Return to Dreamland. It looks rad. I was disappointed triple deluxe wasn't multiplayer and I've been waiting on buying Return to Dreamland since Europe got it back in like January.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

These are legitimately 3 of the 5 Kirby games that I've never played. I'm excited. (The others a Kirby Tilt n Tumble and Kirby's Avalanche). This is huge for me. I assume no sale prices/deals for getting all of the games? Don't care, this is still huge for me.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

man nurse posted:

I don't see any new Smash Bros stuff?
It comes out tomorrow.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Runbow Release Date announced! Runbow is coming out on August 27th (in NA) for $15. $12.75 if you downloaded the demo. It was the only game from Nindie @ Home I was really interested in, so looks cool.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Lodin posted:

Always did want to try Pandora's Tower. I guess this is the post where I bitch and moan about Americans always getting the good games first. :v:
Pandora's tower came out in Japan in March and in the EU in April? Unless the joke is that it is a bad game and that is :thejoke:

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

I hope for October they release all of the Castlevania games for DS and Castlevania judgement.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

greatn posted:

Yes. The people downloading get 8 bit music.

The only BS thing is Triforce Heroes is you need 8 friend coins to buy the necessary components for a couple of outfits, and those are only obtainable by playing local multiplayer with other people who have the game, so you'll need to do that with eight different people.
15 actually I think. There's a costume for 3, 5 and 7 coins.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

I've heard about shaking things loose. I've got every LBW home screen icon except the camera. Is that thing I can shake? Is there a guide on shaking? Do I need to have tokens to shake?

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Is the triforce heroes update tomorrow? If so, anyone want to play it right when it comes out?

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Physical card, so there is shipping fee (but not for orders over a certain size).

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

10% off eshop, yeah. Should be at midnight eastern I think, but it'll be up for a week, so don't worry about it running out.

edit: apparently midnight cst, or 1 AM EST

Fritzler fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Dec 13, 2015

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Should I buy shovel knight on wii u or 3ds? Anyone have strong opinions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

When I was in France (American here) I needed a special (well just regular French) charger. Just an adapter with my American charger didn't work. All 3DS's are sold without chargers in EU so it isn't too hard to find one.