Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edoraz
Nov 20, 2007

Takin ova da world :cool:

absolutely anything posted:

Be careful what you wish for.

Looks like some horrible mind washing device.

:getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edoraz
Nov 20, 2007

Chinook posted:

Same here. Half of the time I really want the game, then realize it's for Wii or Wii U. (Not that most of the games couldn't be easily ported, I would imagine.) Kirby Superstar for 3DS, yes please!

Kirby Superstar Ultra, if you can find it for a reasonable price, is good. I don't notice the stretching or whatever people cry fowl on when I play my copy.

Now the problem comes down to finding it at a reasonable price.

Edoraz
Nov 20, 2007

Minidust posted:

How long do the club Nintendo games stay up for? I'm 30 coins short of Paper Mario right now.

Also am I understanding correctly-- VC games purchases on a Wii U in Wii mode won't give me any coins? I'm trying to come up with the best way to scrape up 30 coins here.

About a month, if I recall correctly.

Edoraz
Nov 20, 2007

Laser Spider posted:

How is Dillon's Rolling Western? I was digging through all the Nintendo-published games on the eShop two days ago and found it, and was intrigued by both the gameplay concept (a 3D beat 'em up crossed with tower defense) and the fact that it was apparently a completely new Nintendo IP. Even though I'd never heard of the game before then, it was apparently good enough to warrant the sequel that was announced today, so there must be something to it.

You know, I thought it was pretty alright. I don't like Tower Defense games AT ALL, but that one was a lot of fun. I hit a brick wall with that game in terms of difficulty on one of the later missions, though, so I kind of dropped it after that. Still more fun than most of the crap you could buy for a dollar on the iPhone/Android marketplaces.

Edoraz
Nov 20, 2007

Rare used to be like that, too.

Edoraz
Nov 20, 2007

They are just saying that PAL gamers are babies. 17% to be exact.

Edoraz
Nov 20, 2007

Also, getting any VC on the Wii U Wii Mode discounts them later on, when they are released for the Wii U. lovely deal, sure, but I'd rather pay 1.50 for SMRPG on my gamepad than full price. What the hell else am I gonna use those Coins for?

Edoraz
Nov 20, 2007

They both even have some different dungeon items. Ages has the more clever items, Seasons have the more direct approach items.

Both are stellar Zelda games, though.

Edoraz
Nov 20, 2007

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

-Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara (Capcom beat-em-up compilation) will be out on the Wii U eShop on June 18

Oh my God, YES. Now, this isn't the game(s) I was hoping it would be, but the Capcom D&D beatemups were still awesome as hell, even the older ones (like King of Dragons.). Totally looking forward to this.

Edoraz
Nov 20, 2007

Oh no, I know they are the beat em ups. And one of them is the excellent beat em up I was thinking it was. I never played Towers of Doom. Shadow of Mystara is really fun, though. It'll be nice not playing it on a MAME emulator. It wasn't bad, per say, but it was tough when one of my co-op buddies was using a keyboard.

Fifteen sounds pretty fair, I hope it's that price.

Edoraz
Nov 20, 2007

Boten Anna posted:

y cant mega man crawl?

Or shoot up, for that matter.

y cant mega man shot reel gun like call of dooty

Edoraz
Nov 20, 2007

I got both Ages and Seasons just a moment ago. No restart. v:v:v

Also MEG A MAN and GhostsnGobblers is a pretty neat deal, I gotta give a shout out to elf help book for the best way to get the deal. Thanks dawg.

elf help book posted:

Buy either Ghosts 'n Goblins or Mega Man X, get the other for half price! (Wii U VC) - ends June 6

What a weird sale. If you want to do this, make sure you buy GnG first. You save $1.50 extra by doing so.
$9 for both actually sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

Edoraz
Nov 20, 2007

Emalde posted:

There's a reason it had a gag strip comic running for over a decade

Eh?

Is Spelunker worth the bones? I'm kind of interested now.

Edoraz
Nov 20, 2007

Square fans, rejoice! Square-Enix has disabled the ability to capture screenshots in their JP Wii U VC releases (FF6, Secret of Mana) for absolutely no reason!

Just like MH3U. Don't worry, I'm sure certain pro miiverse artist will recreate scenes pixel by pixel!

Edoraz
Nov 20, 2007

bpc908 posted:

I mean it's more than likely we'll get these game eventually because Europe is getting them

I really hope so, honestly. I'm really interested in a lot of these.

Edoraz
Nov 20, 2007

homeless snail posted:

Do they ever do surveys for DLC?

Kind of. It was pretty general for FE, and it didn't give coins. Not that it matters to me, I just want to see Nintendo to be less afraid to release content in less traditional ways.

Edoraz
Nov 20, 2007

lelandjs posted:

I didn't see it mentioned here but Monster Hunter is on sale for $19.99 until 9 am PST on 10/4. The demo didn't do much for me, but I rarely pass up 50% off deals on any videogame.

Demo did a horribly bad job selling the game as a whole. Just take the tutorial slowly and read all the text you can. At least till your first real monster kill (giant noisy bird). If you get that far and are still not having a good time, drop it

Edoraz
Nov 20, 2007

Also, a reminder that NES games on the 3DS VC do have local multiplayer via Download Play, so you can definitely play River City Ransom in co-op. (Game Gear games do it, too, it's only GB/C games that don't.)

Dumb question about that: are there any multiplayer GB/C games on the device yet? I don't recall seeing any.

Edoraz
Nov 20, 2007

irlZaphod posted:

Quoting this since it seems to have been missed (or no-one has played it yet).

I was meaning to get back to you about this, actually. I just beat it last night, completely. The game isn't bad, but it's not gonna wow you with anything innovative or super creative. The game controls well. There are some depth issues, even with the 3D on, causing me to sometimes fail jumps. That generally happened in 3D stages. Speaking of, besides 2D stages, there are the occasional 3D courses. These aren't usually some huge explorable area, just 3D obstacle courses.

The music is nice, if you are into dance/techno. Nothing memorable, but hey, better good than bad. There are three worlds with five levels each, and then a boss. There is also a Super Mario Land 3D bit where you beat the game, you get the same set of worlds but mirrored. You start from the exit and go towards the entrance, but it's slightly remixed. Usually a few more enemies or turrets here and there. The biggest catch is instead of reaching the goal, you have to find five hidden Golden Solar Chips, and then reach the exit. It's interesting, because the whole time I was playing this game, I kind of wished it was more like Banjo Kazooie/Mario 64. The whole game feels like an old collectathon platformer.

Did I mention turrets? Cause this game loves them, with little Contra bullets to go with them. Bosses are alright, but it's pretty much the same model with a different coat of paint. At least they all have different patterns and attacks, with different arenas, too. Between each Area there is a minigame, like jetskiing, skydiving, and the last Area with the final boss is a shoot-em up with a dinky gun. I think that fight was the lowlight of the game. It wasn't the controls, just the slow rear end gun you get.

I liked it, but it's hard to justify 9 USD. Try to catch it on sale. It does nothing special to the platformer genre, it does what it's suppose to very well. I had a good time with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edoraz
Nov 20, 2007

Shoehead posted:

So can we send messages to our friends on the Wiiverse on 3ds? I want to know if Phil the Fish is ok. :ohdear:

Unfortunately, no.