Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gameface
Nov 23, 2007

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

NA update (December 20):

quote:

3DS ADD-ON CONTENT

New Super Mario Bros. 2 Downloadable Coin Rush Packs - $2.50 each
  • Mystery Pack (***)
  • Impossible Pack (*****)

I'm guessing the Impossible pack is listed as 5 stars to keep the listings standard? In the trailer and the pack description, it lists the difficulty as "DANGER!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gameface
Nov 23, 2007

PAL update (week of February 21):

Splash or Crash is a game about dropping a rock (and other objects) down a well... you might remember it from one of the early E3 trailer reels, it's been out in Japan for a long time. Looks okay, and they've priced it reasonably.

It was also in one of the more recent Nintendo Directs. The US version of the game is going to be titled Kersploosh for whatever reason.

gameface
Nov 23, 2007

PAL update (week of April 25):

The Rayman Legends app lets you play exclusive challenge stages based on ones from the main game and compete on the daily/weekly leaderboards; single-player only, off the top of my head, and the stages are on the more gimmicky side, but whatever, it's not like you've got anything else to play...

Real Bout Fatal Fury is the fifth game in the series, for those who've lost count.

Actually, the challenge mode will allow multiplayer, at least that's what this video is telling me anyway: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZeabndRjms

gameface
Nov 23, 2007

tl;dr: you can share with friends for free, you can view the global gallery for free for a few hours each day, and you can pay a monthly sub to access the global gallery whenever you want.

I'm not so sure. This bit:

quote:

Flipnote Gallery: World will be available free between the hours of 3:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.

*The time is configured according to Current Time info in System Settings of Nintendo 3DS.
makes me think that all you would need to do to get around it is just set your 3DS clock to 3:00PM local time.

gameface
Nov 23, 2007

Amppelix posted:

It also gives you the opportunity to get some nice items like the master sword (which you can subsequently upgrade to the biggoron's sword by going back to the first game).

The Biggoron Sword and Master Sword are actually 2 separate items. The Biggoron Sword is larger and takes both slots while the Master Sword only needs one slot and fires beams at full hearts.

gameface
Nov 23, 2007

Dream Team got a demo in NA, too - it has a 12-use limit, and lets you sample the real world, the dream world and a boss battle.

2 boss battles, actually. There's one for each world. I liked the demo, anyway.

gameface
Nov 23, 2007

RMZXAnarchy posted:

You can't get the rewards for this year anymore but they were:

-A poster Set, including posters for Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, and one other game that escapes me at the moment.
-Zelda: Majora's Mask Original Soundtrack
-A Calendar (Which is all that gold gets for physical rewards)
-A bunch of Downloadable games, I forget which ones exactly.

The third poster wasn't for a game exactly, it was an 8-bit Luigi.
The games were the original Smash Bros., Link's Awakening DX, Super Mario Land, Sakura Samurai, and something called the Warioware DIY Showcase.
I ended up picking the Majora's Mask soundtrack, because I'm a big fan of game music.

gameface
Nov 23, 2007
Speaking of things not mentioned in the PR packet, I opened up the Theme Shop to look at that Shovel Knight theme and noticed that as well as that and the Pikmin themes, there are some more Sonic themes up there. From what I saw, it looks like there are Sonic, Amy, Shadow, and Chao themes for $1.99 each, and also a bundle option of all 4 for $5.99.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gameface
Nov 23, 2007
I was looking through my old game cases for Club Nintendo codes one last time and found a code I never used for a 'game' I imported. I put game in quotes because it's not really a game, but the old European DS Lite Opera browser. I'm not going to explain why I bought it, but I wanted to give the code here in case it's still usable and someone wanted the Stars, and I didn't know where else to put it. I'm pretty sure it's expired, though. It doesn't say Club Nintendo on it, but "Nintendo VIP 24:7".

Nintendo DS Browser, Europe: 31GKY7E0RV1H1G79