Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
Any suggestions for a game in the $10 or less price point? I'm more interested in games that aren't rereleases of GB/SNES/Genesis/whatever games, but suggest 'em anyway if you really think they're worth my time. I'm looking for value for money, and it's also important that I not be stuck in that one game for long periods of time, either because you can save or suspend save freely or because each play session is bite-sized.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

You didn't specify a console (Wii U? 3DS? Wii?)

Awk! Sorry! 3DS.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Sega Japan just updated the page for 3D Galaxy Force II (click) - here are the details:

Wow, I remember playing this a lot back in the day. It just won't be the same without the enormous monitor and tilt-o-hurl cockpit, though.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

NA Direct Mini summary:

-Streetpass Relay announcement; Nintendo Zone locations will store and share Streetpass data with anyone who passes.

I'm surprised this went without comment, considering what a huge deal it'll be for those of us who don't have a lot of places to go to get Streetpasses. I might actually be able to make measurable progress in my Mii Plaza games! :v:

The T posted:

Pretty disappointing that Mega Man V won't have it's Super Game Boy palettes. Same with DK '94, which had AMAZING ones (skip down a bit on the page).

I was actually messing around with DK '94 a while back, and while the SGB colorization on it is impressive, it comes at a cost in the sound department. I'm not sure why, but Pauline's screams for help, for instance, only play on the original Game Boy.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Zaphod42 posted:

I just saw that PS4 and XBone game cases are even smaller and thinner than 360/PS3 cases, so they've finally done away with manuals entirely. I'm expecting them to merely have a slip of paper saying "Go to https://www.ea.com/... for assitance"

The manual is DLC. :v:

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Is there a good way to get a complete list of the games available on the 3DS eShop? The 3DS's app and the official website both seem... not so good for that sort of thing.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Two quick questions. One, how can I tell if a particular Nintendo Zone is actually set up as a Streetpass relay? I presume they have to put some specific hardware there, not just have a properly attuned wifi router?

Two, if I get Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons, is there an order you'd recommend playing them in? I know that, for instance, Resident Evil 2 gave different experiences on its two possible route orders, and some would argue one of them is more satisfying than the other.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Nintendo does all the updates on their end, they don't have to switch any hardware. You can turn your own router into a Nintendo Zone hotspot if you really want to.

Huh. I thought I'd read that they specifically said that fiddling with your router wouldn't give you access to Streetpass Relay.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Dewgy posted:

My 256 headcount Mii Plaza (which was like 20 before the relay system) would beg to differ. It's REALLY easy.

So I just have to change my router's SSID to 'attwifi' and turn off security, right?

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

BattleMaster posted:

I'm sure that works fine in Japan where every neighbourhood has a police booth with an officer sitting with nothing better to do, but in my city (Toronto) the police have gotten in the news because of their hostile response to people reporting stolen items.
I realize this is tangential, but do you have a link for this or anything? I'm curious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

I'm selling a $35 Nintendo eShop card for $31.50, if that's a thing that interests anyone.