Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Almost was able to load, enough to see the Fierce Deity jigsaw puzzle. Anyone have a pick of the MM messenger bag? Or how many coins?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Liquid Penguins posted:

800 coins for this bad boy:

That is pretty meh. Probably going to be the best Coin::$ converter, though. Was hoping for a big ticket item like the Luigi Mansion statue from last year, 2,000 coins to burn.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

If you're just looking to get games there's nothing stopping you from waiting a day or two for the rush to die down and deal with a working site once all the physical items are sold out.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Stan Taylor posted:

Do we know when they're doing plat/gold rewards? And can we still redeem CN codes through the month? I've got about 200 now, which isn't quite enough for the cooler junk.

Yes there will be rewards. Yes you may still redeem codes, there just won't be new ones.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Do we have any indication of when the SM demo is going up or should I just watch the Pokemon thread for 100+ new posts?

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

Because I Am Setsuna is a bad game and it's worth making sure people are aware of that when discussing its porting to a new system.

To each their own. I really enjoyed it, but I also replay Chrono Trigger over and over again. The environments get very samesey and the game ends right as it gets going, but I enjoyed it for what it was. Don't think I would ever play through it again, but it was worth it to me.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

xedo posted:

Also the whole Mar 10 deal made me realize there's no Mario content on switch yet. Hunh.

I'm pretty amazed they didn't launch with the VC even with NES/SNES/GBA/N64 libraries for this reason alone. When people finish Zelda it will be the perfect time to buy Super Mario World for the 4th time on a new device.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

After hearing initial feedback that it runs well I picked up BoI and it does in fact run smoothly. I played the original release back in the day but never any of the DLC, so it is worth it to me to grab and have it on here. Going to have so many roguelikes on this thing in Gungeon, Has Been Heroes, BoI -- we'll probably get Spelunky at some point and FTL is my favorite by a long long margin if it ever comes (even if it would likely be handheld only).

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

However, on a better note I can't believe how well DKC 2, Diddy's Kong Quest holds up. It's a blast on 3DS.

I'll argue this is one of the best platformers ever made, still play it all the time.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Rirse posted:

Going to buy Metal Slug tonight. :toot:

Hope they just skip to Metal Slug X instead of the outdated Metal Slug 2 release.

Can you report on how it runs? I found MS3 to be basically unplayable.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Overminty posted:

I played a bit of it a week ago and it seemed fine. I think they updated it earlier in the month, have you tried it since then?

e: MS3 that is

Yeah I was just playing on Saturday and it chugged to the point I could take a hand off the controller to drink while the game worked its way through frames. Unless I somehow ran it without the patch?

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

jivjov posted:

Just a heads up, Hey! Pikmin is up for prepurchase and preload now!

This is not Splatoon.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Gann Jerrod posted:

So I’ve got $20 in eShop credit, and I’m between Sonic Mania and the Zelda DLC. Which would you say is a better bang for your buck?

Zelda DLC is great if you want more Zelda. Some challenges, some shrines, some dungeons. Lots of good armor pieces with unique effects.

Sonic is a really good classic Sonic game, if you like classic Sonic games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

bowmore posted:

can we have FTL too

How would this control without the touch screen? Or would it be like that one game that came out that requires touch screen only.