Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Soylent Heliotrope posted:

Is there any reason to get F-Zero SNES instead of Maximum Velocity?

Because F-Zero SNES is better is almost every way?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

I guess if you're coming into it with zero nostalgia and want the biggest bang for your buck, MV has more cars and more tracks. I still think F-Zero is better.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Oh hey, Nicalis just announced that Cave Story+ will finally be out on the 3DS eShop on May 1. Only took, what 18 months?

Speaking of, when did CS3D go crazy bonkers expensive? Guess I'm glad I got mine when I did.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

Stan Taylor posted:

Oh so they actually ship you poo poo? Awesome. I may try to hit platinum in that case. I thought it would just be lame "digital wallpaper" junk.

If you enjoy getting shipped 25 pins for filling out surveys, it's the way to go

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

Ragequit posted:

Am I not able to add Link Between Worlds to my coin total since I purchased the special 3DS with the digital copy?

Should add to your total as long as your 3DS is linked to your account.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

Something else I saw on 1001 Spikes: the 3DS version is unique in that interactive/trap objects are more easily distinguishable than in the other versions, for reasons unknown. Compare the Wii U shot at the top to the 3DS shot at the bottom: the falling blocks are all a lighter tone than the other tiles, which makes them very easy to spot. Bug, or feature?

3DS is the baby version

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

More than happy to accept G&W as my Platinum reward for this year. It never seemed to dip much lower than the $29.99 MSRP which meant I was not going to buy it for some time... the perfect gift, one that I would not have bought myself but will appreciate nevertheless!

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

ANIME MONSTROSITY posted:

Was Blaster Master the game Khad LP'd with Lowtax?

No, that was Treasure Master

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

Including Isabelle instead of K.K. Slider - or better yet, Kapp'n - was a huge mistake.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

Echophonic posted:

Man, I didn't even think of K.K. Slider. That would have been awesome. I'll take Isabel, though.

It just occurred to me that Booker and Copper in a crazy police car, Double Dash-style, would have been one of the best things ever.

How do I get Nintendo to pay me for all my good ideas?

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

Is there a worse Nintendo-published GBA game than Super Mario Ball? I already thought of one, Yoshi Topsy Turvy. Whatever, Mario Ball still sucks.

Dynasty Warriors Advance

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

If I have the Kirby's Dream Collection and don't care that much about off-screen play, is there any reason for me to blow coins on Kirby Super Star?

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

C-Euro posted:

Yeah the spooky changes to the eShop right now are :3: Check it out if you have a sec.
And related to those, why isn't Luigi's Mansion on sale for Halloween :cmon:

Sam's Club near me put it on sale... $19, but still better than nothing!

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

Gonna play so much 3D OutRun

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

Artix posted:

Is Pier Solar any good? That's really the only other thing that interests me this week.

What is your tolerance level for non-Square 16-bit RPGs? Because it has all the warts that come with games of that era (and then some).

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

Is there a good list of VC games that are available on both the original Wii store and the Wii U eShop? I have a buttload of Wii credit left over from 5~ years ago when Pepsi and Harmonix were giving out free Rock Band codes, but if you selected Wii as your platform you ended up just getting $2 in Wii credit. I'd like to maximize the amount of games that I could buy and then convert to Wii U VC games since playing on the pad is the best.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

Bloodplay it again posted:

Game & Wario is the worst of the Wario games

But it's the best Pictionary game, so......... :shrug:

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

Does the eShop do good sales any more? I remember a few years back getting all the Guild series games for something like $2 each... now it looks like the same dumb Atlus games and shovelware garbage week in, week out.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

Gotta Protectors isn't out in PAL-land and it sounds like they haven't even started the process of bringing it over, and if the NA version doesn't sell it'll take even longer (or it just won't happen).

It's a fairly lengthy game and they didn't send out review codes so I think all the reviewers are still playing it.

Unfortunately tower defense is gross and deserves to die, no matter how cool its aesthetic might be

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

Sega 3D Classics on sale in NA, $2.99 each:

Streets of Rage 2
Gunstar Heroes
Outrun
Afterburner 2
Shinobi 3
Streets of Rage
Space Harrier
Ecco the Dolphin
Super Hang-On

Which of these are considered to be must owns? I'm considering Gunstar Heroes, Outrun, Afterburner 2, Space Harrier, and Super Hang On... Maybe Ecco the Dolphin.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

PoshAlligator posted:

Such a shame Game & Wario couldn't fill that hole. The Pictionary game is a lot of fun, but not past that.

Sorry but Islands is fun. You need to reassess your life.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

alf_pogs posted:

light up a doobie mcdooberstein with your friends and prepare for hours of the apple thief game to zoom by

Totally forgot about this. Also this.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

night slime posted:

Is Japan big on golf or something?

Yes.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

Reminder that people are paying five hundred US dollars for this

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

Everyone should own Attack of the Friday Monsters

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

Why would anyone play HM64 when BTN exists?

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

Spacebump posted:

Citizens of Earth Wii U. Quote the post if you use it B0L6SSK15NX3JMJW

Been used :(

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

Scratch-O posted:

I mean, the PS4 also had and has strong third-party support, and going by Wikipedia, it had at least two exclusive first-party launch games (Killzone and Knack), which puts it one ahead of the Switch. I'd say the PS4 doesn't need PS1 games nearly as much as the Switch needs VC.

Are you not counting Zelda as exclusive, because.... that'd be silly.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

Microsoft has to make back 2.5 billion somehow

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

FanaticalMilk posted:

I just looked it up and it uses single cart multiplayer. That's fantastic!

*requires you to have friends. Friends with Switches.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

Nintendo is allergic to too much, too consistent success... case in point: Wii U after Wii; $250 3DS after DS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

Chill Penguin posted:

Are Revelations 1&2 connected, or should i just skip 1 and go straight to 2?

1 is better than 2