Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal
Yeah they got a dollar out of me by selling me Zelda for the 5th loving time but there's like 30 VC games I'm not going to buy because they don't have a model where I buy a VC game and have access to it across platforms.

Lagomorphic fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Jul 21, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

If they got away with stealing Slenderman for a lovely game then I'm guessing troll face is up for grabs as well.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

The whole point of it is that it's a cheap cashgrab. It only exists so that they could release a game without having to make any actual art assets for it, that's like 95% of the work for a basic paltformer.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

The Hyrule Warriors season pass is $20 as well.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

ChaosArgate posted:

Oh poo poo I can have those Wii games for $10? Oh man everyone needs to go buy Metroid Prime Trilogy! And Punch Out! And Mario Galaxy 2. Just buy them all those are amazing prices.

Yeah I would be all over that except I just bought MG2 and Punch-Out used recently for about $20 each and though I was getting a great deal. Will be jumping on Metroid Prime when it arrives though. Also eshop Xenosaga would be awesome since it's hard to find it for less than $100 but I doubt they're going to release that anytime soon with the 3DS version coming out.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

Yeah I can see them putting it out eventually but I can't imagine they'd be in any hurry to do it while the remake is their new big exclusive pushing adoption of the New 3DS.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

JumbocactuarX27 posted:

I got two of those NA Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate demo codes if anyone wants them:

A070LNFD33VAK595

I claimed this one. Thanks a bunch I've been curious about this series for a while.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

Yeah there's a little foil square sticker that blocks the chip. I tried to scan an amiibo through the packaging and it doesn't work.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

You have until the end of the month to earn coins .

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

Yeah some games have a why did you buy this survey that shows up right away and all games have a what did you think post play survey that takes a week to show up. Unless the game got released after Jan 20th then you get nothing.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

Twelve by Pies posted:

The Virtual Console post-play surveys were the best because they were only four questions and you didn't even really have to say anything about the game. It was kind of amusing how every single one asked "What are your feelings on the Virtual Console?" I answered it legitimately the first time but after the tenth time or so I was just going "Yep it's good" and "Same as what I said last time, still good."

I just bitched about lack of cross-buy every time.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

Monkey Fracas posted:

I heard it wasn't all that great for some reason. Or was that the usual Exaggerated Goon Bitching

The main issue with it is that it cost more than just buying 1 and 2 on the Wii U and you get more content by just buying 1 & 2 on the Wii U. So it's not a great value on its own. If you don't have them already and you'd prefer it on the 3DS it's going to be fine for your needs. If you've got a choice between just 2 and ultimate for free then the pricing is a no-issue and I'd just grab ultimate.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

deadly_pudding posted:

I buy a Dynasty Warriors(or licensed Warriors) game approximately once every 3-5 years, and proceed to have a grand old time with it. There's no way you could convince me to buy every Warriors game, but they definitely scratch a particular itch when the mood strikes me.

Yeah I got hours of fun out Hyrule Warriors but it was basically my 2nd DW game. I imagine being forced to review every entry in that series would get really old really fast.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

Yeah it's just the first episode in the bundle.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

Klaus Kinski posted:

If I own guacamelee, stealth inc and steamworld dig. What other games are worth buying this bundle for?

Yeah I grabbed the bundle because I've been waiting for a decent sale to checkout The Fall. It was a pretty great adventure game. It's pretty short and the controls are poo poo but it's got good puzzles, great atmosphere and the story is good if you like sci-fi about AIs.

Good bundle easily worth $10 regardless of what actually gets added on Tuesday.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

and the secret Humble Bundle games are:

BIT.TRIP Presents…Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien
Gunman Clive
Sportsball

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

Grabbed the bundle here's some codes for stuff I already had: (North America)

Affordable Space Adventures - Wii U
B0L8D5RK2VMVT4MY

Retro City Rampage: DX - Nintendo 3DS
B0L8KSTB47LK5G4P

Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition - Nintendo 3DS
B0L6L6VQ3L6F2FQ9

Also some stuff from the last bundle:

Gunman Clive 3DS
A08LB6ND2UKA1AHH

Mighty Switch Force! 3DS
A08KT3UB0T36ENTH

Lagomorphic fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Apr 28, 2016

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

Manky posted:

I'm buying Rainbow Curse and it's giving me an extra 10% off because I linked my NNID to My Nintendo, it doesn't say what all titles that applies to but I thought I'd mention it.

It applies to all of the titles but i's 10% off the sale price not 10% off the full price. I've been holding off for a sale on Majora's Mask though so I'm happy. Gonna grab that and the Oracle games since I haven't played either of them.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

You can get 120 coins a week very easily. Log into the eshop for 30, load miiverse and quit for 30, log into nintendo's website or visit it with your login saved for another 30 then click the link to mynintendo and click on the coin in the animated mii area for another 30. Collect your coins and repeat next week. New week starts on Monday.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

Yeah unless you're super into their phone games else is there to buy?

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

Zas posted:

nintendo says not to do this, and i was like 'whatever' and then my poo poo died and i lost all my saves so watch out

I did the same drat thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Are Canada and the US separate entities as far as region locking on the Wii U goes? Can I run a disc from Canada in my US console?

It's all just North America as far as compatibility goes. I'm Canadian and buy stuff from the US sometimes, the only difference is that the Canadian versions comes with bilingual packaging.