Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

alcharagia posted:

Gunstar Heroes

Second. Gunstar Heroes owns. It was probably my most played VC game when I still had a Wii.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
The DS with a Supercard DSTWO handled GBA and SNES emulation decently, though not perfectly. I sincerely doubt that the 3DS only puts out as much or just slightly more power than a DS plus the Supercard's co-processor.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

quote:

Available software updates can now be downloaded from the HOME Menu

This should've been day one poo poo, but better late than never.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Saoshyant posted:

That may not go well for Nintendo in the long term when parents start getting mad at their kids' game boys eating a bunch of money.

I've never looked at the Parental Controls, is there a way to lock purchases from the eShop to require the PIN? That seems like an easy solution.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Those devs are (hopefully) just milking money from obnoxious nerds. I applaud them.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Picross e6 details: http://www.jupiter.co.jp/3ds/picrosse6/index.html

Every puzzle now comes in standard or Mega variants, hence the "over 300 puzzles!" tagline.

Wait, they're seriously like $6 for 150 puzzles? That's a ripoff. I'm glad I've been holding off.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Color Printer posted:

I'm almost definitely sure this applies to every place that isn't K-Mart.

Still rather shop at K-Mart than WalMart. Rural King and Farm and Fleet are a wash.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Mercury Crusader posted:

I seem to remember reading something about that in regards to the Sega Saturn's weird hardware poo poo that makes it extremely difficult to emulate. That makes sense in that case.

Yeah, it is, which I why I miss GameTap from their glory days. They had a PC Saturn emulator that actually managed to run Panzer Dragoon 1 and 2 with good performance(it was in browser too IIRC). Then they sold to Metaboli who proceeded to poo poo on the company's relationships with every major publisher and they lost all their old school emulated Sega games.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Broand posted:

Man anyone else downloading at a snails pace? I got like 4% into mt RF4 download in an hour.

It's Christmas, their servers are probably getting hammered by people with new DSs.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I personally can't wait for Crimson Shroud to go on sale, it was probably my favorite game on my old 3DS before I had to sell it.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Is Monster Hunter 3DS playable without the CPP? I mean in the sense that you can actually play it well, not just technically playable.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Cool. I know where the last of my spare post-christmas cash is going, thanks guys!

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Is there seriously $62 worth of song DLC for FFT:CC and no package deals? loving Squenix.

And even worse, none of them are Vamo Alla Flamenco.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Oh well, thanks for saving me money by making it inconvenient to give it to you, Squenix. :v:

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

mabels big day posted:

By the way, the Slowpoke menu theme is on the NA eshop.

It's only the instrumentals with the "Yan" as the sound effect when you move the cursor. Still owns though.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Speaking of Atlus, they're publishing an indie game called Citizens of Earth that'll be released next week on both Wii U and 3DS (and pretty much everything else), here are the launch discounts:

Wii U and 3DS (North America) -- Launches Tuesday, Jan. 20
20% discount ($11.99) at launch for one week (through 1/27)

Wii U and 3DS (Europe) -- Launches Thursday, Jan. 22
20% discount (€9,59) at launch for one week (through 1/29); people who own either version can buy the other platform at 40% discount; buy one, get the other for €7,19 for one week only (through 1/29)

The game itself is an Earthbound-style RPG, I think, I haven't really looked into it. All I remember is that Atlus picked it up after their Kickstarter failed.

I beta tested it a bit on PC until I had some issues with my system and couldn't test anymore, it's a fun game with solid writing and art design. It's not Earthbound tier, but it's a solid 8 or 9 out of 10.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Note: the Citizens of Earth cross-buy promo is a limited-time offer, just like the launch discount. I suspect the 3DS port probably won't hold up compared to the other versions but I'm not gonna do any actual research or anything.

I mentioned earlier I did some closed beta testing for them on the PC version and they were really responsive even on small system specific issues. Like I would mention a small graphics bug that no one else had and it'd be fixed in like a day. I trust them to not half-rear end the 3DS version if they're doing it themselves and not outsourcing it(I'm not sure how they're handling it though).

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I just bought Citizens of Earth tonight and I got my survey and coins.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Fix posted:

How is it?

I haven't played a ton of the 3DS version yet, but it seems like a decent enough port compared to the PC beta version from about a year back. I really like the combat system, all attacks are the equivalent of skills/spells in other jRPGs, with each one either adding to or taking away from your character's resource pool, meaning you have to vary up your characters attacks. The bottom screen being used for the map is really useful, I definitely like that. The loading screen/autosave on every map transition is kinda annoying even if its short, but other than that I haven't run into any bugs or anything that screams low-effort port. Also, I have a 2DS, so I can't comment on how well the 3D is used, so fair warning on that regard.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I love terrible puns, so maybe I'm not the best judge of Citizens of Earths writing. :v:

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
After playing some more, I will admit the voice acting makes everything quite a bit more grating. I don't think the VA work was all in yet when I beta tested.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Have you tried unplugging your router and plugging it back in?

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

triplexpac posted:

So I have 250 coins, what's the best thing to get for my 3DS?

Wondering the same here. I really regret getting the GB Kid Icarus now. Coins down the drain that I coulda used to get something way better.

EDIT: Also, the site is in maintenance mode now.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
The upside of all of this is that by the time I can actually log on and try to purchase something, I should have my postplay surveys for the free games/demos that give coins.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
How does Harmoknight stack up against Theatrhythm : Curtain Call?

I'm not sure if I want to wait for my post-play surveys to get Harmoknight or just get something cheaper now.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Ok, something cheaper it is then.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Game and Watch Gallery owns, I still have the original cartidges for like 2 or 3 of them for Game Boy.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Monkey Fracas posted:

I'd say it's worth it at 7.50- think portable easy Xcom Lite. The GI Joe aesthetic crossed with the usual Tom Clancy wankery is also hilarious.

Also the reason it feels Xcom-Lite is because it's literally made by the creator of Xcom. It doesn't take great advantage of the 3DS's features, but that's because it's an original DS game that was delayed and retooled into a 3DS launch game. If you're fine with that, it's a solid portable strategy game.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Call me when they release Outrun 2006 3D instead. That's the game that really deserves it. :colbert:

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
loving finally. I was afraid we'd get at least five more remixes/rearrangements of One Winged Angel or Aeris' Theme before we got Vamo.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
So I decided to try the Hulu Plus trial they were advertising in the 3DS eShop, followed the directions, and only got a one week trial. Googling the issue seems to show multiple people complaining about the same thing. Is Hulu lying about how long their trials are a legit thing?

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Do you actually get anything for beating the par times in the Mighty Switch Force games, like remixed stages or soundtrack/concept art unlocks, or is it just to challenge yourself?

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

elf help book posted:

It changes the title screen.

Not gonna bother then. Jesus, would it kill them to do something simple like add in a music player with a track for each level?

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Don't worry, you'll give up out of frustration after like five tracks.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I don't need a Dreamcast theme, I still have two working VMUs.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
How do I get the free tracks in Theatrhythm? Or did Squenix put the SpotPass Announcement up before actually putting the free tracks up?

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
In the US I got surveys/coins for MSF 1 and 2, not sure about Europe.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I'm getting the "Your reward has already been redeemed" even though I haven't redeemed anything thing some other people are reporting. I hope it's just a display bug, getting hosed out of my Platinum reward would suck.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Augus posted:

It's just a display bug because the Club Nintendo server is currently in the process of making GBS threads itself

I know the Club Nintendo servers are making GBS threads themselves, I just meant I hope it's serving up the wrong error and not "Oops, our servers are making GBS threads themselves and miswrote the data for your account".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I think you're gonna have to be more specific than that. "That block game" describes like 90% of TI calculator games.